QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...    »  ]
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know bathroom scales aren't accurate, but it still awes me whenever I see my weight go below 50kg.

It is possible and all because I used to have friends just as buff as me and weigh less, but I'm pretty sure muscle is supposed to weigh more than this :/

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.11.2012, 11:02 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh dear, Roar. o.o That's not good at all, now is it. I don't think that should be happening. Maybe it'll go up soon? (for your muscle)

I know when my boyfriend tries to gain muscle, it's really hard for him, and he winds up losing more and not really sure if he has any more muscle or not.

I'm probably around 58 kg and look sickly at 55 kg. Can't imagine myself with muscles though. XD I used to in my legs.

Ah, speaking of weight, my boyfriend and I talk both in pounds and kilograms. XD But his grandmother is used to kilos. When she asked his weight once before, he replied in pounds without thinking, and she... screamed. Then he fixed it. XD

He's about 64 kg right now. He's at his highest in awhile. It's usually 58 kg to 62 kg.

08.11.2012, 12:55 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah muscle weighs much more than fat. I weigh under 50kg but my goal weigh is 50-55 kg.

08.12.2012, 12:24 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

God, you guys make me feel like a blimp. XD I don't even remember weighing 50 kg... hahahahaha N'aww, I'm used to my boyfriend making it sound like "You're fat". I know I'm not, but he expects me to take it with a grain of salt. "It's a good thing you're not skinny".

Still, lumping me with much bigger people... does not do good to your girlfriend's confidence. XD But he doesn't understand what mental process it puts me though and how much I wind up hating myself for it. And he likely never will even though I've told him bluntly it's better not to say anything at all because I'm constantly fearing I'll succumb to those thoughts.

08.12.2012, 10:35 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Er, no, you have to understand that, first of all, I'm not that thin.

If you guys want, I can take a photo of shirtless me with well defined muscles. That's the funny part; I have muscles, but the weighing machine refuses to acknowledge this.

It's kinda defying logic, y'know?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

08.12.2012, 12:09 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

N'aww don't do that. XD I know you wouldn't be that thin. But you're probably shorter than me, I think?

How tall are ya, Roar? :B

Maybe it's because you're Asian? hahaha

08.12.2012, 12:19 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

I detect sarcasm. I am tempted to reply with a sexy picture

I'm 1.7m, and no, the average weight for males my height is 65kg. My brother who is the same size as me weighs that much, and so do my cousins.

Heaviest I've been was 56kg, and only for a very brief period. Strictly speaking, my average weight is 52kg.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

08.12.2012, 01:00 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Oh, you're only 4 cm taller than me. XD I'm 166 cm. Or 168 cm... I get confused which and it was a long time ago I measured myself. :B Because people get my height wrong a lot.

My boyfriend's around 175 cm or a little less. :B I think my highest weight was 140 lbs, or 63.5 kg. But I was young and fatigued and lost that weight in a month. Then I went to my lowest weight, which was around 120 lbs, or 54 kg. Because of this I try not to concern myself with weight too much or exercise a lot... I lose more than I intend to, and sometimes gain muscle.

I'm glad I'm not in high school anymore. -3- The girls always complained about their pant sizes and how they wanted to all weight under 110 lbs (almost 50 kg). It made me feel disgusted. XD It's different if you're trying to gain muscle and definition, but these girls just wanted to be sticks. They always called me tiny, then complained how big they are because of their clothing sizes (and I was the same as most of these girls, so it made me feel weird). My two best friends were tortured by the ideals their parents had for them and would starve themselves to be skinny. My other best friend has trouble gaining weight or muscle of any kind, and has a complex because people call her anorexic.

08.12.2012, 01:59 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
I detect sarcasm. I am tempted to reply with a sexy picture

Do you think you are sexy? well,do ya,punk?

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 08.12.2012, 02:59 PM.

08.12.2012, 02:56 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh Lordy, Roar in a 'sexy' pose... I don't know if the Tavern could handle that... lol

08.12.2012, 03:10 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

TO THE NAUGHTY CORNER! XD

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
Do you think you are sexy? well,do ya,punk?

Maybe this will answer your question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaCCN95S7A8

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

08.12.2012, 09:57 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

This is all my fault.... XD

08.12.2012, 11:37 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh god, I knew what was coming and I still clicked on the link. D: *masochist*

08.13.2012, 02:48 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

MY EYES!!!! MY EYES!!!! AAARRRGGGGGGGHHHH!

08.13.2012, 03:48 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was officially trolled by Roarkiller

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

08.13.2012, 05:12 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Calforsale
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm small too, i don't know my exact height but something around 163-166cm. Which is weird for a white person lol, but both my parents are tiny! ergh.
I still weight very low for my height though.

According to imdb (hmm lol) hayao is 5' 4½" (1.64 m)! Around my height haha

08.13.2012, 07:11 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

My mother was 5'2" and my dad was 6'3"... I got the short end of the stick... 5'6" (abt 168cm) When I joined the Navy at 18, I ws 145 lbs... most of it upperbody muscle. I was the anchor man on the rope climb team in boot camp...
While in school, I did the 50-yard dash in 9.4 sec...

sigh, those were the days...

Now my great chest has dropped to my flabby tummy....
=======================================

WHOA!!!! all of a sudden, here comes the storm.... heavy rain, hail and lightning and WIND... I can't hardly see the house across the street.... heavy, heavy rainfall still... the monsoon effect we sometimes get... Wind still blowing somewhat, prob abt 15MPH now, earlier it was up about 35 or so,slamming the hail against my metal back door... That was loud!!!
------------------------------------------------------------
On my cable TV, a Flash Flood warning has just been issued for Riverside County, Calif.

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.13.2012, 06:20 PM.

08.13.2012, 01:48 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm not really sure where is appropriate to post this but a friend of mine who draws manga drew a sketch of me, which was nice of him. Even if it is way cuter than I am really ahaha. So yup, here it is:

Sorrry it's so big, I've tried resizing the image etc. but it refuses to become smaller >.<

Post last edited by Nausicaa_Cat on 08.14.2012, 04:10 PM.

08.14.2012, 04:06 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Some this cute shouldn't be smaller, really...

And we have seen some of your pics, as I recall. I know it is usual to do so, but don't demean yourself. You are a good looking young woman, ok...

08.14.2012, 04:20 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Calforsale
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
My mother was 5'2" and my dad was 6'3"... I got the short end of the stick... 5'6" (abt 168cm)

Ah i had a friend who has parents like that, and she wanted to be a model and was hoping to get her dads height but she wasn't lucky too.

Both my parents are small so i knew i didn't really have any hope. My mum isn't really abnormally small but my dad is even shorter than i am, i think he's 5'3", which is really small for a white person (so am I haha).

08.14.2012, 10:59 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
[  «    ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks