QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you, your good feelings are appreciated...

07.03.2015, 09:57 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that! I hope you get better soon!

07.03.2015, 02:43 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Husky, I'm so sorry that happened to you! I hope you feel better soon!!!!

07.05.2015, 08:41 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank You, Kiki... Just finished talking with my sister who is the RN and found out that the situation wasn't near has hazardous as I thought it had been... Yay!

07.05.2015, 11:17 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Maenad1
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.05.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maenad1 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Husky, I hope your recovery progresses smoothly and you don't have to go through that again, or stay too long in the convalescent facility.

My father-in-law had a stroke last year and I think the thing he liked the least about it (other than using the ability to use his left hand for a few months) was having to spend a few weeks in the nursing home/rehab facility after being discharged from the hospital. He hated that place!

07.10.2015, 05:38 AM Maenad1 is offline   Profile for Maenad1 Add Maenad1 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, amen to that, Maenad1, amen to that. I'm making the best of it that I can, playing activity games that they have and I have my laptop (otherwise I'd go nuts) lol...

the guy in the bed next to me has trouble seeing and ever time he hears a sound calls out, "Where's Grandma", referring to his wife of 55 yrs. He does this 24/7 and it irritates even tho I understand the reason... No real consciousness of time lapse, etc... I sympathize, but it still irritates, especially at 1 or 3 in the morning...

Then there are the 'screamers' and their fantasy's and delusions. Others that yell and curse at staff and others or have their TV's on at all hours of the night, loudly, with no facility controls.

A shared bathroom with 3 other guys in the other room and someone keeps forgetting to unlock the door on this side when they leave... sigh...

Yes, I will be happy to get out of here... Some lady yelling "he-e-e-l-p" and just screaming right now...

It is sad, believe me...

07.10.2015, 09:35 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Eye covers and earplugs oughta help. I recommend the industrial type of earplugs for their unparalled soundproofness.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.10.2015, 10:12 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I found this moth sitting in the living room today.

It's a large emerald. Been a while since I saw one. I love moths. I've probably mentioned this before but when I was younger, dad and I used to stay up late at night and sit on the porch with a light and bait to attract moths. We saw so many lovely and interesting species.

My Anime List

07.29.2015, 01:48 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like moths, just not when they land on me. Then I absentmindedly swat them and kill them and then I feel guilty.

07.29.2015, 03:14 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

v for vendetta is a high quality comic that can compete head to head with many serious japanese psychological mangas [ like monster etc.][storywise, drawing is not so good in the comic]

i learnt a whole new section of history, such as the gun powder plot. History is like a jigsaw puzzle the more piece one get the better view he has of the whole picture.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 07.30.2015, 09:18 AM.

07.30.2015, 09:18 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami

It's a large emerald. Been a while since I saw one. I love moths. I've probably mentioned this before but when I was younger, dad and I used to stay up late at night and sit on the porch with a light and bait to attract moths. We saw so many lovely and interesting species.

Nope nope nope

Post last edited by Koda on 07.30.2015, 05:03 PM.

07.30.2015, 10:56 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

When you quote a post, there's no need to quote the images as well, especially if they're huge...

... jus' sayin'

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.30.2015, 11:12 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Koda
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lol sorry, I didn't even think

07.30.2015, 05:04 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Koda
quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami

Nope nope nope

Aw, are you afraid of them? :') So beautiful though...

My Anime List

07.30.2015, 05:36 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

I am yes, I don't like insects :/. I don't kill them though, I just guide them out of my flat

07.30.2015, 07:42 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I took a video of my puppies today, so cute. >w< Here: clicky

My Anime List

08.01.2015, 02:28 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

That black seemed most attentive to you, more so than the others, although they were absorbed in shoelaces and levis, lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.07.2015, 11:59 PM.

08.01.2015, 05:04 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That was one of the most adorable things I've ever seen.

08.02.2015, 09:18 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was watching a drama. It was beautiful and great. But I think what upset me was the lack of development of the female lead over time and her character losing spark. She was such a great character at the beginning. I don't think it was the actress' fault. She just kind of became more subdued after falling in love..

This happens a lot to me when watching Korean dramas. lol I love the actresses but the characters.. gah. Some are great but rarely will I find a character I'm looking for and will become attached to, unless they're a secondary female lead (and not the typical kind). So much easier to become attached to the male leads. I understand why that is though. It's just a huge drawback for me. Not just dramas but other entertainment too. I just want some decent female leads. I've been frustrated at my own development of female leads in stories until I saw that it's not just me, but what I've been watching and reading. Male characters can be so easily constructed and meticulously made by me, but female... so much harder.

Majority of my protagonists would be male but I want to have some great female leads too. I just get so frustrated. lol But I have thought of a rather interesting character.

08.07.2015, 02:54 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

First time forcing myself to stay awake as a jetlag counter. Hopefully my body can accomodate well.

But only 2am and already eyes are droopy... effects of sleeping early everyday.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.18.2015, 01:56 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
[  «    ...  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks