QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...    »  ]
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah fff has been absent for a while... hope shes ok

02.07.2011, 06:04 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think that ALL of us feel that way, Farren....

FFF,, come out, come out, where ever you are!!!

02.07.2011, 11:42 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha, saw pineapples on sale yesterday so I got a wild idea and bought a small one. Now I am going to try and cut it up like it shows in the movie "Only Yesterday"...

I'll let you know later how it turns out...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

OK, I'm back..

It turned out very well... I carved up the pineapple just as it showed in the movie, except that I had a wide blade knife and couldn't follow the curve of the sides so I had to make more than one cut per quarter section of the fruit. Other than that is was good. The fruit was nice and sweet, nat as sweet as from the tin, but very good indeed. I think that maybe my pineapple ws riper than the one in the film or maybe just a different variety. When I made my selection, I chose the one that smelled the most fruity like you would a melon...

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.30.2011, 02:17 PM.

04.30.2011, 10:06 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Random thought! 8D

I'll be taking Taiko drumming lessons soon. For free! I am so so so so excited you don't even know.

04.30.2011, 02:51 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm upset because I need someone to work as a personal editor, yet no one finds mistakes as easily as I do. >.<;

And.. and I need help on my grammar especially. D': Spelling and parts I dislike I can pinpoint often right away, but I have more trouble with grammar..

04.30.2011, 04:34 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Yay! Kiki
Random thought! 8D

I'll be taking Taiko drumming lessons soon. For free! I am so so so so excited you don't even know.

start lifting some hand weights, Kiki... I think you'll need the strength...

I listen to Taiko a lot!!! would love to be able to play the Taiko drums, but I don't think that I have the stamina for it...

@FFF...
wish I could help you with your grammar, but mine ain't so gooder, neither...
(see 'school finals...' thread)

How is she, BTW???

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.30.2011, 04:42 PM.

04.30.2011, 04:35 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Husky
True. I should do that. XD

@FFF
This probably isn't what you are looking for, BUT if you just need stuff proofread I would totally do that. I am so picky about spelling and grammar--and it's been worse for the past year because for my school's mandatory volunteer work (I know, it doesn't make sense) I've working with a children's magazine and a lot of what I do is proofread.

I'm probably just making myself sound like an idiot here... But yeah. XP

04.30.2011, 05:25 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kiki, I would LOVE for you to do that. D8 My friend told me he would, but unfortunately, he hates reading anything long. Is it alright if I send you every five pages of my story after I've proof read them twice myself and tried fixing mistakes? I've swept over the first chapter three times this week. It's long, but sending in five page intervals shouldn't be bothersome. I'd really appreciate this. X3

I can't send it by email for some reason without pasting the entire document, so my friend can't get it. >.>; I guess it's been happening not only to me but my friend I mentioned..

04.30.2011, 07:23 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'd like to help you out FFF, but I think it'd just bother me more that I'm not getting anywhere with my own writing.

04.30.2011, 07:57 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Takuto
Calcifer

Registration Date: 03.15.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Takuto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Freddie Mercury looked real good in the early 70's.

...What?

04.30.2011, 08:09 PM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I understand, Arren. ^^ Thank you for thinking you'd want to do it though.

I really did want to send it to my friend in England. :/ But I'll find a way. She'll likely get a printed manuscript from me when it's all done and finished. I just.. I really do need to get with it. And I know my writing isn't the greatest. But it's good, and that's what matters, as it can only get better.

I spend too much time planning but didn't so much on this one. D8 I'm thinking of investing in some good hardcover books from the bookstore to write down ideas. Because the float here and there all day during classes. And I just never write them down despite remembering them all.

Also, yes, Freddie Mercury... <3

04.30.2011, 08:41 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

@FFF
Awesome, sounds good!

04.30.2011, 09:19 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yay, I'll send the first five pages by tomorrow morning then. ^^

Right now I'm thinking how even adults get childish.

04.30.2011, 09:55 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Adults get childish.... hmmmmm, who could she be talking about.....

Just because I had a watergun battle with a patient at the medical plaza where I work... lol

seriously, about four weeks ago (if I've already told this, sorry) a retired Marine who had been coming for his Dr's appt every Tuesday (he would sit and chat with me while waiting for the Dr. to see him, talking about places we had been, many of them the same, etc) showed up dressed in a camo shirt and USMC sweats. As he was sitting down he pulled out a small squirt gun and started shooting me with it. Now remember, I am on duty in a security uniform. As we sat and talked, every time someone else would come by he'd squirt me again. We all got a good laugh out of it and I didn't mind.

After he went in to see the Doc I thought about punching a small hole in the cap of my waterbottle, simplistic, but it should work. I went out to my truck to get the knife and it dawned on me that I HAD a squirtgun in my truck!!! (don't ask ) I filled it up, pressurized it by pumping it up and waited. When Joe came outside and was saying goodbye, I reminded him that I had been a gunnersmate in the Navy and told him that gunners are never far from their weapons and then squirted the hell out of him... He ws roaring with laughter.

The following Tuesday, he brought a Supersoaker and wee blasted away at each other while people around were all laughing...

Adults acting like kids? Now where did you get that idea???

btw, Joe has prostate cancer and uses a walker to get around, so I am glad that we had this fun time...

04.30.2011, 10:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

No, nothing like that, although that's funny. XD Just most of the ones I know act younger than the kids I know. Which I find terribly amusing yet annoying sometimes.

As for water guns.. XD

05.01.2011, 10:01 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Well, it had finally happened, I think...

Osama bin Laden is dead! at least from the reports that I am hearing and reading...

I really wish he could have been caught alive, though...

05.02.2011, 09:52 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahhhh FFF I'd love to help you too! Unfortunately my grammar is really poo, commas espescially have always been a thorn in my side but perhaps when you've done proofchecking you could send it to me for another opinion or something? From what you've mentioned of your story here and there it sounds really good aha.

I've just had a erm. Interesting night.

05.02.2011, 01:20 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Animenewbie
Calcifer

Registration Date: 10.24.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Animenewbie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There's no way America would have kept him as prisoner. After 10 years of searching him, causing wars in 4 different countries, killing 3000 civilians, investing probably millions on the whole thing, the american troops definitely got commanded to shoot him on sight.

I guess that's what people wanted, revenge..

Now it's their move...
I really hope the nuclear weapon in Europe is a bluff.

But seriously, I can't see why people celebrate his death.

05.02.2011, 01:42 PM Animenewbie is offline   Profile for Animenewbie Add Animenewbie to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Aw, alright NC. ^^ I could let you read it after.

As for the Bin Laden thing... I got an uneasy feeling although I don't know if that sort of thing affects Canada. Or what. I know at school the teachers refused to talk about it other than that they were disgusted that people were rejoicing over the death of a man. Even if he killed many people, it's still somewhat childish and wrong.

I guess for me, it's because Canada never had any terrorist attacks, at least that I know of. D: So it's like, to me, "How come they never attacked here?". My American friend told me it might have been a geographic thing.

Again, I don't know my country's place in those affairs. ^^; I just felt uneasy over the idea of anything wrong happening, but of course, that might be a natural feeling to have at this time.

05.02.2011, 04:12 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

I totally agree about not rejoicing over Bin Laden's death. Even if he did horrible things, it just feels... wrong. Really really wrong. Someone died and that's not something to be happy about. Repaying death with death never feels right to me either.

Everyone at school today was really happy about it. Someone even brought in a cake and someone else made some kind of shirt celebrating the fact that America finally killed him.

Some people say it makes them feel safer, but really, it seems to me more like this will make terrorist groups connected with him angry and want to retaliate. I don't like it.

05.02.2011, 07:17 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
[  «    ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks