QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Post your random thoughts here! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...    »  ]
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

everyone! relax... chill ... and have a lovely day
computers up **** creek so i'm grabbing another one, but until then , have a good one!

(this means i'll be offline for a while, not that it matters... i mean yeah. right???)

09.18.2011, 03:38 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Am I the only one who hasn't been able to access the Tavern for several days?

Yeah, didn't you get the new password, arren?
apparently you got in somehow...

Don't worry about it, Farren. You know that you're always welcome... Just keep the cold germs over there, lol...

Post last edited by husky51 on 09.18.2011, 08:22 AM.

09.18.2011, 08:20 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Am I the only one who hasn't been able to access the Tavern for several days?

That's like what happened to me. o.o

My Anime List

09.18.2011, 09:06 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Gee, I don't know what to say... Saddles and I obviously got it....

09.18.2011, 12:36 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I must've too. D: o.o

09.18.2011, 01:42 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

must.ve too, what????

09.18.2011, 05:28 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I wonder how long this happiness i have will last.... and also...
DAMNIT I HATE SCHOOL! lol >.<!

09.20.2011, 11:10 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Amanda Knox appeal...

Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito found innocent of Murder.

All I can say is that with the world-wide attention this case generated, I think that the Italian courts and jurors looked long and hard at the evidence that was presented at the original trial and at the appeals trials. I think that it means something that the jurors took as little time as they did before making their decision.

I am not sure what the criteria for finding a person guilty of murder in Italy is, but here in the States it is "beyond a reasonable doubt". That means that the jury has to believe that the evidence presented establishes beyond a reasonable doubt in all the jurors minds that the defendent committed the crime.

I won't say that our system is perfect, but I am sure that it is right more times than it is wrong.

Of course, the Kercher family is not to be forgotten in this. They believe that Knox (etc) were guilty and now have to come to grips with the fact that they were found innocent. I understand that they feel that Knox was guilty and that this is a miscarriage of justice. Hopefully, there will be more evidence that points the finger at another, but in the meantime, they feel wronged and I am sorry for their grief.

Post last edited by husky51 on 10.03.2011, 04:50 PM.

10.03.2011, 04:47 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i'm back, thats good right?
going to japan next wednesday....KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN ghibli museum etc!!!!!!

10.04.2011, 04:00 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Farren, my good friend. I have a strong dislike for your bleeding guts right now... > lol You know that I am only jealous... I hope that you enjoy your time in Japan and be sure to tell us all about it...

Damn, I wish that I could be there,,, I keep buying the lottery tickets, but the gods are not pleased with me for some reason

10.04.2011, 04:24 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Are things even slower in the Tavern lately... maybe so.

I even went to 'members' amd viewed each and every 'profile' of everyone that became a member after I did in March of 2008. My mindset was to possibly make a little talk about people who sign up and then never post or that post once or twice and are never heard from again.

I listed the country of origin, age and gender if the info was shown. I didn't use user names as a clue to gender (for example, 'Dragongirl' for female), I used only what was posted in the profile. The majority of the members didn't post ANY info at all, which of course made it easier for me, lol.

more of this later.
=====================================
OK, as of this date, Oct 5, 2011, we have 5,322 members listed. I went back to the last page of members (P. 178 ) and had to go all the way up to page 44 before I found a user that posted even once. Then up to page 30 to find one that posted twice. I didn't hit a user that posted at least 10 times until I reached page 12. After that it went rapidly upwards until page 1.

(hahahaha, as you can see I was bored, lol)

I didn't realize what I had gotten myself into until I was too far into it to just quit. I did discover that, if the info was correct, I can no longer call myself the oldest user in the Tavern. I found a lady who was born 4 years before me, but I can still claim to be the oldest ACTIVE user in the Tavern. whoopie cushions for everybody... lol

More data:
Of those who indicated their genders, the girls outnumbered the boys 126 to 97.

37 countries were listed.

Age range (where given)
10-19... 63 (12 was the youngest when they joined)
20-29... 79
30-39... 14
40+...... 4
50+...... 1
60+...... 3 (of which I'm one )

Note: I was just approximating on the ages as I went along. If it was close to one or the other range, I went for whichever I thought was most appropriate at the time. At 2am, my mind was kinda foggy. BTW, I didn't do this at one sitting. The night I was up late reading and finished the book and went online and finished my survey.

Out of all of the members, this is just the info from people who joined after Mar 17, 2008 when I did. (Yeah Kiki, you're included, lol)

NOTE::::::::::NOTE:::::::::NOTE

again, I'll say this, my main reason for starting this little survey was because of the large number of people who join and never even post once. If you like Ghibli (yes, YOU) then join in, meet some of the older members. We are a worldwide forum which is wonderful in itself. We've members listed from Russia across the USA to Malaysia and China, from Iceland to Brazil and South Africa. That is a lot of space, people. Speaking of which, one member even listed Outer Space as their home. (an astronaut, maybe?)

Anyway, sorry for the length of the post, I gotta go to the library so take care and see ya later...

Husky

Post last edited by husky51 on 10.05.2011, 01:33 PM.

10.05.2011, 11:04 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Hi, me again...

Directed at any of the members in England, one is enough, lol

In the above survey, many listed their home as either England, the UK or even Great Britain. Now Saddletank told me once, I believe, but I've forgotten...(no senior citizen wisecracks, please )

What areas do each of the names given refer to?

I'm gonna throw in the British Empire as well...

Post last edited by husky51 on 10.05.2011, 01:09 PM.

10.05.2011, 01:08 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Final post on the survey above...

These are the countries of origin for the people that became members after March 17, 2008 (my registration date) and indicated their country, which wasn't many, overall. The countries will be listed alphabetically and the number following is the number that posted that country.
==========================
Australia (15), Brazil (1), Canada (7), China (1), Denmark (1), England (25), Estonia (1), Finland (1), France (1), Germany (1), Holland (4), Hungary (1), Iceland (1), Indonesia (3), Ireland (6), Jamaica (1), Japan (3), Kazakhstan (1), Malaysia (2), Mexico (1), New Zealand (2), Norway (5), Philippines (1), Poland (1), Russia (1), Saudi Arabia (1), Scotland (6), Slovenia (1), South Africa (1), South Korea (2), Spain (2), Sweden (3), USA (46), Vietnam (1), Wales (2)...

United Kingdom (23) and Great Britain (1), I left here because there was no clearly named country given...

================================

One final word to all members and future members, no secure info was seen by me nor will any information, other than what has been posted, ever be given out.

I hope that you like (somewhat anyway) the information that I have listed above

10.05.2011, 04:38 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, that must've taken quite some time.. but nice work
Random thought: I want a job! T^T

10.07.2011, 07:14 AM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow you sure did put a lot of time into getting that info husky. Awesome!

10.08.2011, 12:55 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Thanks to you both...

It was more an act of boredom than anything else... I didn't feel like starting another book right then, didn't want to watch any movies, late at night, s-o-o-o-o-o-o-o, I did what I did... took a few hours on a couple of days

as I said before, luckily, most of the new members didn't include any info at all...

10.08.2011, 01:17 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know this was a while ago, but since nobody else answered:

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Hi, me again...

Directed at any of the members in England, one is enough, lol

In the above survey, many listed their home as either England, the UK or even Great Britain. Now Saddletank told me once, I believe, but I've forgotten...(no senior citizen wisecracks, please )

What areas do each of the names given refer to?

I'm gonna throw in the British Empire as well...

The UK's full name is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Great Britain is the big island, and Northern Ireland is, well, the northern bit of Ireland. Great Britain is made up of England, Scotland and Wales.

So if somebody lists England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, that can be counted as UK, and if you want to keep it as sovereign states only, you should count them all as UK. Also, that way you avoid the problem of having a separate number for "UK" because of not knowing where in the UK those people are from. Hopefully that isn't horribly unclear.

Oh, and maybe I should add an apology, as being from Scotland means that the question wasn't actually directed at me.

Post last edited by arren18 on 10.27.2011, 08:30 PM.

10.27.2011, 08:27 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's great to have Arren's clarity of thought back on the tavern!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.28.2011, 06:13 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

For sure, my friend, for sure...

Thanks, arren...

10.28.2011, 09:22 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

In "Kiki's Delivery Service", the airhorn used on the train is a Nathan P5a. This was once commonplace on Amtrak's early series of F40PH locomotives.

Foamer moment over and out.

BTW, Saddletank, ye be a fellow railfan, amrite?

11.17.2011, 07:00 PM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
[  «    ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks