QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  ...    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Thanks for that, FFF. I really don't know enough about JET at this point, but it sounds like you have a lot of contacts. All I know is that if I apply for the CIR position, I have a good chance of getting into ALT if I don't get it. You need JLPT N2 or above to apply for that, but hopefully I'll get that very soon...

Ahh good luck! Since JET is open to more countries recently, I'm hoping my boyfriend will apply for CIR (he plans on studying Japanese intensively, also his goddaughter is half Japanese). But he has a company he's running, so.. probably not. XD

If you need contacts or anything, I have lots. I'm also fairly certain my university is affiliated with the JET program because of our special exchange programs for both Japanese and English students. But we also have quite a number of full time Japanese international students who decided to study here because of their English teachers.

06.07.2014, 08:54 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by hunters moon
quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Whatever you decide to do, FFF, good luck.

@hunters moon...
Welcome to the Tavern. Hoping that you will like it here.

thank you for your welcome husky 51, I'm sure I will
and in time hope to get to know some of you.
kind regards, J.

aw, shucks... just call me husky, lol and you're very welcome.

06.07.2014, 01:12 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

We could call you husk?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.07.2014, 10:32 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't know, but husk sounds kinda rough to me...

Just don't call me Husly... lol

06.08.2014, 03:29 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So proud of my guy and his team for their book and success they've created for themselves. If they produce the book outside of Southeast Asia, perhaps I can share it with you guys. It's on how to achieve success and true potential.

06.08.2014, 10:04 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
hunters moon
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.15.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hunters moon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

good morning husky,
hope you and yours are well I like the photo of you in that wonderful little red car that must be fun to drive.
anyway husky you have a good one.
regards J

06.08.2014, 11:07 PM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I do wish that it was mine, but unfortunately, such was not the case... It was a modified 'bumper car' from an amusement park ride. I spent hours riding them and slamming into other drivers...lol I'd seen pictures of these before, but this was the first time that I had seen one in person and was able to make contact with the owner who took the pictures. We didn't have seat belts when I was riding them at the parks.

06.09.2014, 01:57 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hunters moon
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.15.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hunters moon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

sad news indeed husky that the little red car was not yours but more power to the chap who had the imagination
to convert an amusement park bumper car into a road legal
automobile.
well husky I was going to work in my garden to day but
yes you guessed it, its raining again ("*^<>+".
regards J

06.09.2014, 04:53 AM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l03lLXvUx7k

An animated short I think a lot of people here would enjoy! It's very Ghibli-esque, and super cute.

06.10.2014, 07:53 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aww, I enjoyed that short. The music was really nice too!

Homework is tedious. I don't have much today, but I need to go over vocabulary for tomorrow's class too, so it'll end up taking a while overall. I wish I could get better faster, because the lack of noticeable improvement at the moment is pretty frustrating.

06.10.2014, 10:37 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

from past experience, arren, I would say that he lack of progress on your part is probably illusionary. It's happening, but you see it on a minute by minute practice, but if someone else were to see you progress, it would be, say, on a weekly basis and they would then see it from a different prospective and be amazed at your progress...
Hang in there, kiddo...

@NC... loved that little clip, cute and very Ghibliesque...

06.10.2014, 02:56 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The director is Ishida Hiroyasu. Supposedly he's still a student but already has some recognition in the animation industry and was even praised my Hosoda Mamoru (Tokikake director).

This was his first work, Rain Town:

EDIT: I also found this short by the late Kon Satoshi. I really like the time lag idea.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.10.2014, 10:41 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

I liked his art work even though the story seemed a little dark (as well as the art, lol) I liked it ...

The little time lapse thing was cute in style and story...

06.11.2014, 04:31 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That was Satoshi Kon's submission for the Ani Kuri-15 project. 15 shorts each 1 minute long broadcast by the main Japanese TV network at prime time between evening programmes to highlight the best anime directors out there. Several of them are great and Makoto Shinkai did one about cats which is hilarious.

If you seach for ani kuri 15 on youtube you'll find them all. Some are pretty damn weird but most are thought provoking and funny.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 06.11.2014, 07:57 AM.

06.11.2014, 07:56 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Currently trying to plan a brief trip to Korea (and not for the first time!). The original plan has been hindered somewhat, so now we have to see which way is the best value for money and time. It's a bit tricky.

06.11.2014, 11:13 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

hahahaha...typical cat, plan for destruction, but overcome by food.....

@arren
good luck, my friend

06.11.2014, 12:31 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

And it's definitely happening! Flights are booked and I'll be going to Seoul for a few days in two weeks' time.

06.12.2014, 11:58 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Are you travelling with a Seoul mate?

06.12.2014, 12:25 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Groan!!!

06.12.2014, 12:29 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Oof, that was a howler.

Anyway, I'm going with three others from my dorm.

06.12.2014, 12:58 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks