QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha, Labyrinth is great.

I remember The Secret of NIMH. Slightly scary to me when I was a kid, if I remember rightly.

My Anime List

07.02.2013, 09:49 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have seen all three of the above, Secret of NIMH, Animalympics and Labyrinth and I thought that they were all awesome for their time...

07.02.2013, 02:25 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The X-files really creeped me out when I was little...
I grew up afraid of Eugene Tooms..........

I've always loved that show, though.

Post last edited by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g on 07.02.2013, 03:42 PM.

07.02.2013, 02:35 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Farren
I watched Labyrinth last night, very dated..

It'd all be CGI nowadays, in the 80s they had to use people in rubber costumes, and muppets.

That movie does have a certain charm though, I watched it again only a couple of years back.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.03.2013, 05:50 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Would people here be interested in a cooking thread? I cook quite a lot and sometimes I take pictures of what I've made, so I thought it might be a good idea, but that all depends on whether others would want to use it too.

07.10.2013, 07:52 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love looking at food things xD even if you're the only one posting stuff, you should go for it.

07.10.2013, 09:12 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Speaking of which, I found this months ago, when I wasn't active over here... '

07.10.2013, 12:14 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've seen this before, but came across it again and thought that I'd post it for those who haven't seen it...

This is a statue, btw.
===================================
And here is an odd combination...

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.11.2013, 06:16 AM.

07.11.2013, 06:11 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That bus stop is in London.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.11.2013, 10:19 AM.

07.11.2013, 10:19 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ghibli is international.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.11.2013, 12:26 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
That bus stop is in London.

My error. I do know that I have seen one similar that ws in Japan, though. BTW, the words were already on the pic... I didn't add them. Bad Husky...

07.11.2013, 02:15 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

No, no, I was pretty sure it was just a pic you had found and posted, words and all but I recognize London street furniture and slobby English shoppers too easily!

The road is the A302 Grosvenor Place and that wall is the back of Buckingham Palace Gardens. I just wish I'd seen the Totoro, so I suppose it was someone in a suit.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.11.2013, 03:08 PM.

07.11.2013, 02:50 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

A few years ago, I read a English language news article from Japan about a concrete Totoro that was also near a bus stop that ws located somewhere in Japan. I may be wrong, but this is what I remember. That is why when I saw this I thought that it was also in Japan. I didn't bother to enlarge the pic to see it better.

Gonna try and research it a bit, just out of curiousity...

07.11.2013, 04:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I hadn't realised at first, but once Saddle mentioned it I could definitely see it was London! I hope you can find the one in Japan Husky

07.11.2013, 07:02 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

what is happening in detroit. it is like the gotham city of batman(or robocop). no i am not criticising america but i am showing a picture how america just purely wasted money in war still no realization in the top. 66% ambulance dont work it takes 58 minutes to emergency police respond 40% street light is off 5 times more crime than average two third unemployed 78000 houses abandoned only the people who got no choice are staying the city declared themselves bankrupt . thinking of americas debt makes me worried cause i really like most of the american people.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

07.19.2013, 02:47 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah its quite bad, but i must admit some of the photography of the abandoned homes looks amazing. Kinda cool to buy a house for a dollar too!

Its an auto city, with urban planning based on the automobile. pretty bad.
But there are some interesting revitalization projects such as urban farming and artists using abandoned buildings.

07.20.2013, 07:43 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You know, when you think about it, it's absolutely freaking bizarre that any human in the world has a problem with nudity. It's beyond bizarre.

My Anime List

07.20.2013, 10:32 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's bizarre for men to look down on women and whites to look down on blacks, but there you are.

Depending on your camp, it's either a case of the human ego's need to control nurtured through history or inbred in the subconscious or the playings of the powers that be.

And depending on your camp, the definition of morals itself.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.20.2013, 12:19 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

YES!, agreed...
as for nudity, I once went to Blacks Beach here in So Calif (warm at least) a clothing optional beach (unofficially, anyway)... My wife and I went with another couple we knew. It was agreed to that we would retain our underclothing if we felt uncomfortable to strip completely. I'll be honest with you, I felt MORE uncomfortable with any clothing on while everybody else on the beach was nude. so we stripped also and enjoyed the freedom. We lost any self-conscientiousness that we had. I will say that we sunburned in some rather uncomfortable places, lol

Not saying all this to be crude, just telling the truth as it occurred.

07.21.2013, 01:47 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

omg ouch!

07.21.2013, 08:45 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
[  «    ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks