QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  ...    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can understand a social system that lacks numeracy to not be able to count between a pile of two fruits and a pile of five but I doubt they couldn't differentiate. Your eyes alone tell you that a 5-fruit pile has more objects in it than a 2-fruit pile.

"Here's a thing. Here's another thing, and another thing, and another and another" is simple to conceptualize over "Here's a thing, and here's another thing."

Yep - the colour may not have been pink, but it was something in that warm range and it was a colour which wasn't on the feathers, hide, fruits or flowers of anything living in their immediate region and they didn't trade with the outside world so no chance of buying pink flip-flops. It may have been purple or lilac, but anyhow it was mind-boggling to see 3 or 4 different people point at quite different colours of other things trying to indicate what their brains were telling the scientific team they were seeing.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.22.2014, 01:48 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
RandomLife112
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.23.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by RandomLife112 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Why do people fight? I mean, everybody hates it when someone argues with them so why do they argue back? My theory is that people don’t want to be happy. Why else would they fight and argue fruitlessly? If you want to be happy then shouldn’t you calmly and peacefully solve your problems and other people’s problems? I guess I just can’t understand it. Which means you can say that I don’t understand life itself.

What about love? Do people really love or is it just a way to curve loneliness. It seems that every couple I see isn’t truly happy. They talk about each other behind the other’s back. They argue about the stupidest things. They make up for even stupider reasons. They make up because it’s what they’ve always done, what they think they’re suppose to do, and what keeps dark lonely nights away. What is love?

They say that being the baby is the easiest. How would they know if they’re not one? I think being the baby sucks. Everybody else can move out and start a family. Normal right? Well the baby, the last kid left in the house, has to worry on how their mom will take it. They have to worry how she’ll feel because she won’t be able to unleash the stress of her day on you. She won’t be able to tell you all her problems and feel slightly better. Because it seems like she only does that with you. When she fights with her husband. You loyally side with her even when you know she is wrong. You have to worry if your mom won’t turn out to be like hers, every other week in the hospital. You have to worry if anybody still cares. If anybody still depends on you. If anybody still loves you. Yeah, being the baby is the best.

03.23.2014, 04:14 AM RandomLife112 is offline   Profile for RandomLife112 Add RandomLife112 to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Which tribe, Roar? I remember reading something like that years ago.

This thread needs more fluff http://i.imgur.com/pmVnrqi.jpg

D'aw. That's a little chow chow puppy, isn't it?

Moar fluuuff.

My Anime List

03.23.2014, 09:30 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Potato Puppies

So cute :3

03.23.2014, 09:39 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Potato puppies? Mmm... deep fried with...

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.23.2014, 11:03 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wrong kind of potato puppies, Saddles... But then again, I wonder...hmmmm...

03.23.2014, 11:10 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
SugarCubes
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.08.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SugarCubes Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Two random thoughts:

1. What random thought should I come up with...

2. Is it a coincidence that listen and silent contain the same letters?

3. Is it also a coincidence that happy and pizza both have five letters?

4. I said I was going to do two random thoughts. Why did I do four?

5. Onto 5.

04.14.2014, 10:41 AM SugarCubes is offline   Profile for SugarCubes Add SugarCubes to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Anger and Wrath has five letters too.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.14.2014, 08:28 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Love and Hate both have 4, end in the same letter and have 2 vowels and 2 consonants.

You can go on like this forever. Some weird people even look for hidden messages in the Bible this way...

Also...

Post last edited by Saddletank on 04.15.2014, 04:35 AM.

04.15.2014, 04:23 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That should go in the awesome thread. Seriously.

Suddenly I'm wondering if there's a digit limit.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.15.2014, 09:31 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

In another 11,112 posts we might find out.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 04.15.2014, 10:22 AM.

04.15.2014, 09:34 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Herpetology is an actual word. Herp derp.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.17.2014, 11:08 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

sounds reptilian to me... lol

04.17.2014, 04:02 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
sounds reptilian to me... lol

Well, you're not wrong. It's the study of amphibians and reptilians.

Still, that herp...

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.17.2014, 11:20 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

hahahaha, I knew that... lol I love messing around with snakes.I think I posted a picture of me with a live, free-roaming Rattlesnake (40" long) crawling within a few inches of my foot...

04.18.2014, 02:18 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

One of my closest friends heads back to Japan today for good. Made me really sad the school year is ending already.. I'm going to be a puddle come my graduation.

Also reminded me of this time last year. I just feel sad and want fall to come already. lol

04.24.2014, 07:50 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Steam-driven thigh beans.

04.24.2014, 01:08 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

^ Certainly the strangest phrase I've read today.

I was thinking today that it's odd and a pity, actually, that roleplaying is seen as a weird thing to be into, when all it is is creative writing in multiplayer mode. I don't know if people just hear 'roleplay' and their minds immediately go to the sexual kind, or what...

My Anime List

04.24.2014, 02:52 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I'm curious; what kind do you do?

04.24.2014, 04:12 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I suppose a part of it is that the associations people usually have are either with sex things or with stuff like Dungeons and Dragons, which are still niche interests.

04.24.2014, 11:09 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks