QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Post your random thoughts here! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...    »  ]
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

SBS radio is okay.. they play all types of asian songs.. but i usually listen to Seoul.FM. Kpop all day! and I love Big Bang's Alive minialbum!

03.29.2012, 02:45 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So apparently in my country, there will no longer be any pennies made. o.o

B-But PENNIES ARE SHINee. T_T

03.29.2012, 05:24 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Say whaaaaaaat? But where will all the luck come from if there are no pennies?

03.29.2012, 05:33 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, there are US pennies, and English pennies and German pfennig... for awhile, anyway...

Oh, wait... I forgot! Did the Euro do away with the pfennig and English pennies??? I can't remember.

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.29.2012, 06:08 PM.

03.29.2012, 06:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
bagsy247
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.21.12
  Sci Fi Ghibili Movies?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by bagsy247 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would very much like to see a Ghibili style movie with science fiction embbed in it. I think it would be great considering the amazing imagination that they have for all their movies.

03.31.2012, 09:54 AM bagsy247 is offline   Profile for bagsy247 Add bagsy247 to your buddy list Homepage of bagsy247
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I must be seeing things. They made a Spirited Away ref in MLP...

The part in question starts at 0:19.

Post last edited by AmtrakDesertWindrider on 03.31.2012, 04:53 PM.

03.31.2012, 04:50 PM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
So apparently in my country, there will no longer be any pennies made. o.o

B-But PENNIES ARE SHINee. T_T

Mine did away with it years ago. I have to admit I don't miss it; it was just irritating carrying all those coins. Besides, the metal and manufacturing used to make a penny costs more than the its value, did you know?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.01.2012, 10:54 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by AmtrakDesertWindrider

I've listened to it over and over, but I can't seem to clear the words enough to make them out. And volume is at max...
What is the reference?

04.01.2012, 11:48 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
quote:
Originally posted by AmtrakDesertWindrider

I've listened to it over and over, but I can't seem to clear the words enough to make them out. And volume is at max...
What is the reference?

First off, a better copy of that clip ishere.

I think it's a reference to the scene where Chihiro and Haku are falling after she figures out he's a river spirit, and he transforms back into a human from his dragon form.

A fellow youtuber also seems to have noticed it as well:
> two characters fall while facing each other,they
> confess their connection to each other, one of them's
> a dragon, and the other one cries tears of happiness
> that flow upwards.

ADW: Thinking about dubbing "Waltz of Chihiro" over that particular clip.

04.01.2012, 12:22 PM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
husky51
The Old Guy

Thanks, ADW... I appreciate it.

04.01.2012, 04:55 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Picking through university courses. It seems interesting, but not so many options my first year.

But I can take second year courses in my second term. o.o We've been on the ball, we just need to pick three more courses out.

Hopefully I can get all the courses I want. Three language courses might be difficult, but they're split up. Then again they might not be, since I have the habit of listening to as many languages as possible and trying to understand them.

But only one of those languages do the professors talk in English too.

04.01.2012, 09:48 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Well, there are US pennies, and English pennies and German pfennig... for awhile, anyway...

Oh, wait... I forgot! Did the Euro do away with the pfennig and English pennies??? I can't remember.

No husky, England still has the penny, Europe has no controll over our currency. As for the german penny I believe that has been gotten rid of as the euro has Cents. They have just simply replced the name of the coin rather than the value, so instead of being one pfenning it would be one cent! I think!! LOL!

04.02.2012, 12:11 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

AH HAH! another penny, then... lol

04.02.2012, 01:05 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Amazon redid the website. I went to order some books today and it's all changed. Gave it a facelift I guess.

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

04.03.2012, 05:13 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Super barel at the uni...!!! keen!

04.03.2012, 09:46 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Been looking into how to hold onto a long distance relationship while going to university. I like the comment "if you can't see yourself marrying this person, get rid of the relationship". That is so true from my eyes.

I'm just scared my boyfriend might become depressed since I'm getting a head start with where I want to go with my life and he can't yet. That and he's older than me. It already kind of upsets him already, but we have all sorts of ways to communicate. Considering he's lived in three different countries and had to separate from friends and family, I think he can cope pretty easily with me just being a measily few hours away. I chose the closest one for that reason (and the fact I fell in love with the university). I just have to keep encouraging him and helping him finalize what he needs to do to reach his dreams.

What's worse is me moving away after university, but I think we can cope with that too. Especially if he's still in school. Not like we couldn't meet up at all, and we'd be able to talk a lot. It's just a matter of how we go about maintaining the relationship through university.

04.07.2012, 12:27 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nightcrawler!! I still have a Nightcrawler milk pog (back in the 90's milk pogs were popular for a spell) from grade school 2nd would be Gambit. In general- in order... X Men/Spidermans, then Batman and Teen Titians.

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

04.08.2012, 04:32 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, pogs!!! I remember them...

Took my sons to a match one time and I went ahead and entered in the over-18 age bracket...(way over in my case, lol)... I had never played before and took 2nd place, lol...

04.09.2012, 12:02 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

HAHAHAHA!
Just sitting here chuckling over a news item from Lubbock, Texas. Seems a lady has started up a 'nude house maid' service and business is so good that she is interviewing more women applicants. Clothing is optional, but the cost is the same and strictly a 'hands off' service. I wonder how many male job applicants she has... THAT would be equal opportunity, for sure... lol

I wouldn't mind the service... As long as she didn't get in front of my computer screen or tv.... lol

I'd probably have to pay the plane fare from Lubbock, though...

hmmmm... lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.11.2012, 11:55 AM.

04.11.2012, 11:54 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

That's just to funny!! Surprised Jean Simmons hasn't cornered that market yet! LOL

04.11.2012, 07:15 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
[  «    ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks