QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...    »  ]
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
HAHAHAHA!
Just sitting here chuckling over a news item from Lubbock, Texas. Seems a lady has started up a 'nude house maid' service and business is so good that she is interviewing more women applicants. Clothing is optional, but the cost is the same and strictly a 'hands off' service. I wonder how many male job applicants she has... THAT would be equal opportunity, for sure... lol

I wouldn't mind the service... As long as she didn't get in front of my computer screen or tv.... lol

I'd probably have to pay the plane fare from Lubbock, though...

hmmmm... lol

That's.... Interesting

04.11.2012, 08:04 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I is needs a videographer so so bad.

Two weeks to deadline for Ninja Warrior application...

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.14.2012, 11:12 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The awkward moment when I'm with my boyfriend and his friends and someone comes up to us and asks if I'm a friend or someone who knows them, and they tell them that I'm my boyfriend's girlfriend.

And then they get confused.

04.15.2012, 10:51 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Nurture" is believing in one thing, get involved with the wrong people with the wrong mindset, and come out believing the opposite, convinced that you knew it all along.

"Nature" is believing in one thing, get involved with the wrong people with the wrong mindset, and come out believing what you believed even more strongly.

Opinions?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.17.2012, 05:19 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Confused" is not being able to understand Roakillers posts.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.17.2012, 03:06 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

^ lol

I don't understand it a whole lot myself. Where did that come from, Roar? D:

So I presented a project yesterday and nearly fainted, but apparently I set the bar very high for my classmates' projects that come after mine (I was first). Holy. I guess because I knew my information very well and spoke clearly.

I did freeze up a couple times, but everyone stayed silent and waited for me to speak.

04.17.2012, 06:05 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

basically, I picked up that you are one or the other...

I see myself as a naturist rather than a nurturist... I would tend to keep my same opinions, etc...

04.17.2012, 08:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
"Confused" is not being able to understand Roakillers posts.

XD

I was reading this article about the purpose of Sin, and I began thinking about how, as kids, we had all these innocent thoughts. But as we grow up and start mixing with the wrong kind of company, we start to think of the opposite.

It got me thinking about the "nature vs nurture" argument about a person's character, and my own observations on how some people do indeed change, but claim that they have always been like this.

For example, lying. Every child is taught that lying is bad, yet we hear so many grown ups saying how it's okay to lie in certain circumstances.

Where did we learn that from?

What I was inferring to is how easily we are swayed by other people's opinions and actions (media, peer pressure) that we begin to believe what they say, even if we originally believed it to be wrong. Compare this to other certain characteristics that seem pretty immune to outside influences and just kept believing what they do no matter what others say (like religion).

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.17.2012, 10:37 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was thinking about how cool it would be to be No-face for Halloween. Then, I realized I'm too frikken short.

04.18.2012, 07:55 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

get a headdress and look out thru the bellybutton, lol

04.18.2012, 08:35 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
I was thinking about how cool it would be to be No-face for Halloween. Then, I realized I'm too frikken short.

You could be a kodama from Mononoke Hime? =D

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.19.2012, 02:41 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ooooooooh. Probably.
Although I'm probably going to be a ninja again. I have a wooden training sword. It's heavy.

04.19.2012, 05:42 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Have you handled a real sword before? It's much heavier. In fact, it makes me wonder if all those cinematics of one-handed wielders are even possible.

Weight-training after a week of pause hurts my arms so bad...

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.20.2012, 12:31 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Ohmu

... I'm 12. My mom would probably NEVER let me, anyway. Lol, I'm a weakling .

04.20.2012, 04:32 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
husky51
The Old Guy

nice thing about a Kodama... no swords or weapons, just wear all white clothing, whiten up your face and hands. wag your head back and forth and rattle.... lol

04.20.2012, 05:41 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

YAY, found one of my all time fav comedy shows... " Red Green", a Canadian show... I love the humor... I love the way Ed re-rigs cars with duct tape... and poor nephew Harold...

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.22.2012, 03:05 AM.

04.21.2012, 07:12 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

One of my favourite tv shows ended today !

04.24.2012, 06:45 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
For example, lying. Every child is taught that lying is bad, yet we hear so many grown ups saying how it's okay to lie in certain circumstances.

It seems to me like most young children will uncritically accept a statement like "lying is wrong" from their parents. When they're older, they might deduce for themselves that, contrary to what they were told, there could be situations where lying is absolutely necessary. I don't entirely disagree with the author that "lying is a fundamental of politeness and a pillar of good behaviour."

Change can come from within, not necessarily from outside influences, and it's not necessarily for the worse.

Post last edited by Mush on 04.24.2012, 11:20 AM.

04.24.2012, 11:16 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by Mushka
When they're older, they might deduce for themselves that, contrary to what they were told, there could be situations where lying is absolutely necessary.
Name me one.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.24.2012, 11:35 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sometimes not telling a lie conflicts with not breaking a promise -- for example, if I promise a friend to keep some information secret, and then later I am asked for that information, I have to either break my promise, lie, or decline to answer. In many circumstances, declining to answer is so conspicuous that doing so betrays the secret I had promised to keep.

There's also the classic case of a person running away from a serial killer. The killer, knife in hand, stops to ask you "which way did he go?", and you are faced again with lying, telling the truth, or declining to answer. In this case declining to answer could put you in significant danger.

Basically, as a person matures, rules accepted without question like "lying is wrong" and "breaking promises is wrong" are replaced with the realization that people have brains and can use them to figure out what's right and wrong in non-trivial situations.

Post last edited by Mush on 04.24.2012, 12:03 PM.

04.24.2012, 12:01 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
[  «    ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks