QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  ...    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Arren, is it expensive to fly from Japan and/or South Korea to one another? Just wondering because I'm considering teaching in SK first and want to fly to Japan a few times to meet up with friends in various parts of the country if I'm not going to be teaching there yet. (flights are ridiculously expensive here since I live in such a small area)

06.12.2014, 11:20 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Not at all. One airline, Peach, goes between a few Japanese airports and Seoul/Busan for pretty cheap. The prices vary as always, but they can be as low as 3500 yen each way + maybe like 1500 yen in fees.

06.13.2014, 03:12 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LOL, Peach is such a neat name for an airline.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.13.2014, 12:14 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So my conversations with this girl is leaning heavily towards anime She apparently doesn't really watch anime - her last was Detroit Metal City like years ago, lol - but either way, I want to gently steer it back to learning more about her and less about me, because frankly it feels like that now.

Or do I just be frank and say "hey, let's talk about you now"?

EDIT: Conversations are just online for now, fyi. Even I wouldn't trust me to meet me in real life so fast.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.14.2014, 12:55 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
hunters moon
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.15.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hunters moon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would like to offer my profound thanks firstly to
roarkiller for his posting of rain town by ishida hiroyasu
I liked it a lot and secondly to saddletank for his posting
of a gathering of cats I found this funny but haoma, and
balance I think are brilliant, many thanks guys.
regards, J

06.14.2014, 03:36 AM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ask her what her interests are...

what she likes to eat, watch, what sports...etc.

06.14.2014, 04:47 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have PMs going back to 2007 in my inbox here. It's nice, and weird, to look at them now and then.

My Anime List

06.19.2014, 04:47 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hahahaha, was just looking at my PM list and go back to April 2008. I've had to weed out a lot of them over the years, and I miss Harmony-of-Mar and Kiki. Had some good chats with them. I think Kiki still comes but once in a long while. So many, many others...

Going to the members list later and see how many I remember.

Hard to believe it's been over 6 years for me...

06.19.2014, 06:13 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have been on so many forums, joined and left. I have been part of so many forums, start and end. I hope to be part of this forum in years to come.

06.19.2014, 06:22 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh yeah I have some really old PMs too. It's a shame so many people aren't around now. I guess I understand it though. The tavern is now basically the only forum I still go to. I occasionally check others for anything new, but in general, they've kinda died out and I don't have the same attachment to make me post in spite of that.

06.20.2014, 03:15 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

April 2007 is my oldest. I have a few exchanged with Kaz about the RPG

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.20.2014, 05:08 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

I wish there was some way to get hold of these people, just to say hi and see how they are doing...

06.20.2014, 05:31 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
I wish there was some way to get hold of these people, just to say hi and see how they are doing...

There is, but that would be borderline stalking

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.20.2014, 08:38 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Woo, quit my crappy, high paying job for a crappy pay, awesome job in my field!! I'm very happy right now.

06.21.2014, 10:12 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Cool. Happiness is the most important thing Good luck!

06.21.2014, 02:06 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks! Plus the factory was totally fine with me leaving short notice and told me it was awesome to get work in what I'm going into (I think I'm the only student that works on that shift). So very happy, plus my new boss seems really awesome.

But still wish I could've moved with my boyfriend for the summer. He's been horribly depressed being apart. Not sure how to make him feel better. I have a plane ticket booked for eight weeks from now (should be leaving directly after my last day of work on my new job). Bought a handmade journal made in Canada for his birthday and filling it with poems and drawings and polaroid pictures of flowers and things. Want to send him something else too but might hold onto it until I see him in person.

06.21.2014, 02:51 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
Thanks! Plus the factory was totally fine with me leaving short notice and told me it was awesome to get work in what I'm going into (I think I'm the only student that works on that shift). So very happy, plus my new boss seems really awesome.

But still wish I could've moved with my boyfriend for the summer. He's been horribly depressed being apart. Not sure how to make him feel better. I have a plane ticket booked for eight weeks from now (should be leaving directly after my last day of work on my new job). Bought a handmade journal made in Canada for his birthday and filling it with poems and drawings and polaroid pictures of flowers and things. Want to send him something else too but might hold onto it until I see him in person.

I'm sure he will love it, since it's personal.

I am moving away from my Girlfriend next friday, so I hope I can deal with a long distance relationship. I hope it doesn't end because of distance, she's the best thing to happen to me.

06.21.2014, 05:50 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
arren18
Administrator

Ugh, so much work this week. I had a test today and there's another tomorrow that I'm not really prepared for. And most importantly, the JLPT is on Sunday, and I still need to study a lot for it.

07.02.2014, 11:48 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by hunters moon
I would like to offer my profound thanks firstly to
roarkiller for his posting of rain town by ishida hiroyasu
I liked it a lot and secondly to saddletank for his posting
of a gathering of cats I found this funny but haoma, and
balance I think are brilliant, many thanks guys.
regards, J

You're very welcome.

07.02.2014, 02:55 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Ugh, so much work this week. I had a test today and there's another tomorrow that I'm not really prepared for. And most importantly, the JLPT is on Sunday, and I still need to study a lot for it.

What level are you on? You generally don't need to worry about anything up to L3 if you have been in constant exposure to japanese.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

07.02.2014, 11:32 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
[  «    ...  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks