QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  ...    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm going to... Today. I'm pretty nervous to potentially bring it up. I have no idea what his reaction would be. I've been in super denial over these feelings and worried they weren't genuine, but I haven't felt like this in years.. Receiving mixed support from friends, mainly because they're protective of me at the moment or think I should spend time alone. I'm perfectly content with being alone (I'm surprised by how fast I accepted being single) but I just... really like this kid.

If I don't do it now, I won't have a chance before he leaves. I think he's just starting to possibly like me back, or has but didn't show it. But the other night, we were walking in the dark with friends and I got scared about a noise and he wound up holding my hand in front of everyone. I was really surprised by that, especially from one of the Japanese guys. lol

Anyway, this is the weirdest position I've ever been put into.

07.18.2016, 07:39 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Go for it, he clearly likes you. I can tell from the few things you just said.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.18.2016, 10:04 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Agh, I hope so. I mean, I kind of wish I didn't have such strong feelings for a 20-year-old Japanese exchange student who's only here a few more weeks.

07.18.2016, 11:30 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well... you should be pragmatic over this. If you'll never see him again I'd hold back and let him go - put your feelings down to another experience. But if there is a realistic possibility of him either returning to your country or you going to his, and that fairly soon, you should think on this more and consider the potential and possibilities.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.18.2016, 11:56 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Deleting that post because it might have given too many details. haha

I do plan to tell him, because I know I'm probably going to see him in the future and that I do plan on moving there. This is all a little too much on me right now though.

I talked to a Japanese friend of mine who was concerned and he gave me some pretty good advice.

But wow, after talking to this kid, he is very dense. lol Very caring but very dense. I don't think I've ever met such a dense person before. I wasn't even able to convey to him what I wanted to yet because I didn't have the opportunity to, but he decided starting a conversation about my breakup was a great idea. He didn't mean anything bad about it, but he did make the conversation super awkward. He kept telling me negative aspects about himself, which I found sort of hilarious. My guy friend thought it was funny too and that he must be pretty comfortable with me if he's that honest about his flaws.

I'm not really looking for a relationship here, and even if he did want one I would have to ask him why. But I do feel he'd hear me out and that I can at least talk to him about how I feel towards him. That's enough for me.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 07.19.2016, 01:35 PM.

07.18.2016, 01:03 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

why do young people always make simple things in life sound complex? I thought it's old people's job

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

07.21.2016, 08:18 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think... I think my acne is clearing up.

*touches all the wood in the vicinity*

*goes outside to touch some trees*

My Anime List

07.27.2016, 07:34 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

aha!!! A tree hugge... uh, toucher.... Your secret is out, Kaz

07.27.2016, 09:55 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LOL, I mean really , but after carefully thinking about it i think i can be cheap when i dont find value in a higher priced product, or maybe just poor

cool article though

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arch...source=QuartzFB

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

08.01.2016, 07:44 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I decided to make Tinder for fun and I surprisingly attract a lot of very dorky guys (not complaining).. But I think I scare them away once they ask personal questions.

One guy called himself Prince Charming.

08.07.2016, 09:57 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

As long as you have a vagina, you will not scare anyone away on tinder. Good luck to Prince Charming

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

08.08.2016, 04:39 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Nice choice of words.

I'd just avoid Tinder period. Have heard some horrible stories about it.

08.08.2016, 04:45 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yeah, I was just using it for fun and seeing what weird profiles I could find. Not actually planning on meeting anyone although I know quite a few of the people who pop up. lol I haven't received any bad messages just a lot of silly ones.

08.08.2016, 04:50 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

@Saddletank like I said in another thread I do not choose words, not too carefully at least. I'd say I'm sorry for this, but I won't lie. Maybe this is poor strategy for this forum.

@everyone, here are some Makoto Sinkai ads, for no reason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmoUDoTknjs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx7Y57msH2g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mbTXnWXe6o

08.09.2016, 06:43 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

another sinkai commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfbNS_GKhPw

well, you have to make money, right

still waiting for 'your name', might be good stuff, who knows

08.13.2016, 11:58 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by makc
still waiting for 'your name', might be good stuff, who knows

on the other hand, maybe not

quote:
Originally posted by some guy who saw it in LA
Due to the movie format, most of the characters had very simple personalities. The depth of the characters was sacrificed for the overarching story, ultimately leading to the main characters having deeper personalities, with the side characters left behind.

08.13.2016, 03:11 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

~

Post last edited by belborges on 01.18.2023, 08:27 PM.

08.16.2016, 01:25 AM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

This /\

Wonderfully said.

08.16.2016, 05:56 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Seiji Amasawa
Warawara

Registration Date: 07.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Amasawa Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So my random thought, it’s a bit sombre so sorry. So anyway, almost a year an half ago my brother took his own life. I never really thought about suicide much till then, just as much as the normal person I suppose. But now it's like a big thing in my family because of that.

So trust me, if you know anyone or have thought about it yourself just please don't. It's really hard for your family and your friends, it's never out of there minds and it will be with them for the rest of there life’s, trust me you think about it every day, and many times a day. I’m 32 so I only have 40 maybe 50 years to live with it. But his kids 18months, 6 and 8, they have 80 years to live with it.

Please don’t be selfish and do this, tell anyone you know who has thought about it to really think about family and friends first. It's a life of pain for them and anyone that may happen to find them/you.

Yet again sorry for the sombre post but needs to be said, the statistics of suicide around the world are really really bad at the moment.

Post last edited by Seiji Amasawa on 08.16.2016, 07:23 AM.

08.16.2016, 07:20 AM Seiji Amasawa is offline   Profile for Seiji Amasawa Add Seiji Amasawa to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@bel
Congrats on your beach volleyball beating our women's team...

@Seiji

I can agree with you, Seiji...

A long time ago, I thought about it for a few weeks, but thought of my sister and mom... 'nuff said...

That was the one and only time...

08.17.2016, 03:49 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks