QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
He looks like a small guy, actually. To be fair though, half my filipino guy friends are shorter than me, and I'm not the tallest guy around.

He is small. lol But he is still pretty proud of his height. It is awkward being taller than some of his guy friends that live here. ._. There's one I'm usually around and he is sooo much shorter than me. O_O; I'm not even considered very tall here.

He looks smaller in that picture because he was nearly making me sit on him. ._.; He also took pictures of me eating today... He spent half the time editing photos of me eating on his phone. XD

It's funny though since they don't have to yell to one another, they just start going off and can be so far away from one another but still hear each other. o.o He didn't grow up in the Philippines though. He was also disappointed that I've never eaten any food from there other than like candy and juice. One of his girl friends wants me to try a dessert she makes. I really like her. She's very lonely since moving here.. but she thinks she'll be a waste of my time..

12.30.2011, 12:08 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I've had lumpia a few times... great stuff... I forget what the other foods are called that I've had. One is a clear noodle kind of dish as I recall. It's been years since I've eaten any... All was great tasting!!!

12.30.2011, 03:00 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I CAN'T SLEEP. WHAT IS THIS. =(

12.30.2011, 05:58 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

According to my friends, staying up for 36 hours seem to work for them.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

12.30.2011, 10:40 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Once, a long time ago, I WENT to work after being up for 36 hours... It wasn't fun and it was a graveyard shift...

12.30.2011, 12:29 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My room is so strange for a 17-year-old girl about to turn 18. lol

Since my friend and I have basically set out to be roommates after high school, I think I've managed to find more interests with her. We aren't best friends and we don't hang out all the time. Like most of my friends, they hate being around people. They'd rather just lurk inside. We're all known for being pretty pale. lol

I noticed when I went shopping with my boyfriend yesterday he buys a facial cleanser for whitening his skin. I just looked at him like he was crazy. I've used a makeup that whitened skin, but considering how pale I am, it didn't work once the colder months set in. It just made me look really really white. ._. I do notice he seems to think he'll look strange beside me since he's tan. I mean yeah, we still get weird looks from people.. but I don't think it's cuz he's tan.

A lot of my friends are obsessed with getting their skin really white, so I don't think it's just an Asian thing.

12.30.2011, 12:46 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

After years of wondering why i couldn't spell the word 'aswell', i today discovered that it isn't really a word. My grades in English should now be about to sky rocket.

01.10.2012, 12:36 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
husky51
The Old Guy

After being a member for over 3-1/2 years I finally noticed that this smilie face ( ) is not smiling, but sticking its tongue out!!!

All this time I've been using it as a middle ground smile between and ....

sigh, it sucks to be so observant.... (be quiet, Roar) lol

01.10.2012, 01:27 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Zomg going to see Arrietty tomorrow! So excited!

WOOOOO! Just like thirteen hours and i'll be seeing it!

01.11.2012, 07:48 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

^^^^
That sounds great! im a bit surprised though, is it on in a cinema or what? Seeing as its been out for quite a while....

01.11.2012, 12:16 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Calforsale
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Today is the beginning of the release in Australia... such a shame we've had to wait so long here.

It actually came out for one show, a couple of months ago for the Japanese film festival.... but i didn't know that 'till the day after it showed.....

But oh well, i'm going to see it soon !

01.11.2012, 06:16 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Oh, yea, i remember your thread now that i think of it

im going to go take your poll now

01.11.2012, 09:29 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
captain george
Ohmu

Yoshifumi Kondo died 14 years ago today. Its strange to think how different Ghibli could be had he lived :/ i always think of him as more a Takahata than a Miyazaki, so i always find it strange to hear him compared to Miyazaki more than Takahata.... None the less, a massive loss to the Ghibli brand and Anime in general.

Edit: btw, its the 21st of January here, hence the post, sorry if the timezones cause some confusion

Post last edited by captain george on 01.20.2012, 10:52 PM.

01.20.2012, 10:51 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by captain george
Yoshifumi Kondo died 14 years ago today. Its strange to think how different Ghibli could be had he lived :/ i always think of him as more a Takahata than a Miyazaki, so i always find it strange to hear him compared to Miyazaki more than Takahata.... None the less, a massive loss to the Ghibli brand and Anime in general.

Edit: btw, its the 21st of January here, hence the post, sorry if the timezones cause some confusion

RIP.

Where is "here", though?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

01.20.2012, 11:18 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
captain george
Ohmu

'Here' is Ireland. i posted just after midnight here so it would still have been the 20th across the Atlantic

01.21.2012, 11:11 AM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
husky51
The Old Guy

I am so happy to be an anime fan... I was at the library today, turning in a couple of books that I had read, when I ran into an old friend and one of his daughters, Jamie, who is going to be 20 in a month and headed for Brussels with a friend for a month.I last saw her when she was about 9 or 10. Jamie and I ended up talking about anime and manga. She likes the slasher type stuff, but when I mentioned 'Fruits Basket", she SQUEALED!!! " OMG, I LOVE that story!!!" And we talked some more. I am going to loan her some of my collection and some of my Ghibli as well. I dion't thnk she has knowingly seen any so maybe I can encourage a new fan... John was telling me about his latest float trip with his Pontoon boat and thanking me again for providing him with the windows for it... I gave him the windows and he gave me 2 40mm practice shells for a 40mm naval gun... Me, being a former gunner, was well pleased with the exchange...

02.28.2012, 04:34 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

You remind me of my love of shooting, husky. Not that I have time to now, but just like how I can't forget the smell of my "police" uniform and shoe polish from school time, I can't forget the smell of gunmetal either.

And... you know... that rythmic music of pellets in a shooting range...

Oh gawd...

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

02.28.2012, 12:29 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SpiritedSen
Wow Roarkiller, thats super sweet what you're doing to benefit mankind! Your name isn't Ray Steam by any chance, is it?

Good one SpiritedSen! Steam Boy is a well writen, entertaining film.

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

03.12.2012, 08:58 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

I read the forum rules, i think for the first time and one of the rules confused me.

'No necroeing. If a thread has been dead for months, make a new thread, don't bring up the old one. A dead thread is defined as one whose last post was created six months or more prior to the current date. '

Why is it bad to bring up and old thread? In all my other forums, we aren't meant to make a new thread if there already is one....

03.18.2012, 09:32 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

i don't like when old debate threads get bumped, a new thread is fine but bumping one is really annoying. Your stance might have changed on the debate or you mightn't remember why you made certain points. That could have something to do with it :/

03.19.2012, 10:26 AM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
[  «    ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks