QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, it is! I seem to remember last time we reached a milestone like that, we didn't notice until a few posts later...

07.15.2014, 12:47 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.15.2014, 01:48 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ughhh, just forced myself to wake up earlier than usual, and after being up pretty late too. I'm going to the Gion Matsuri parade before class, so it couldn't be avoided, but wow, I thought I would handle it a bit better.

07.16.2014, 07:06 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If spaghetti wasn't floppy, how on earth would we cope?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.17.2014, 01:35 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
If spaghetti wasn't floppy, how on earth would we cope?

hahahahahaha, now that's as random as random can be.... lol

07.17.2014, 02:51 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw this and it instantly reminded me of the Izakaya RPG. From my point of view at least. I was so godawful at RP back then, I cringe a bit to think of it now, but I was enjoying myself. I loved it. We keep on talking about it... I don't know if we ever will get another RPG running again. It'd be great if we did.

My Anime List

07.17.2014, 04:37 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Oh, don't put yourself down. You were extremely good. Some of the scenes between you and Loscil were amazing!

I agree that pic does invoke some memories.

You know, I keep thinking about School of Shadows as well.

Maybe we could simply begin posting again - a new school week, same characters, an ordinary day... and see where it takes us?

07.17.2014, 05:15 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would love to start the RP again but I don't if we could just continue on like before. A lot of character interactions had been building to something and suddenly the holes of players who are no longer involved anymore would make things confusing I imagine.

Plus in retrospect Chi was quite an embarrassing character ahah.

I did really like the set-up of a school based RPG with a supernatural element though! It meant everyone was free to be creative with their character's and interact fairly free whilst still giving it the spice of something out of the ordinary. Couldn't we just launch a similar kinda thing? We could even have it in the same 'world' as Isakaya, maybe set ten years in the future, and reference it? I don't really know entirely where was being headed with the supernatural stuff in the old RPG, but I'm sure a cool tie-in could be made.

07.17.2014, 06:42 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Chi wasn't embarrasing at all! She was just... adolescent.

The more I look at that pic you linked, Kaz, the more I see Kazuo chatting with Hibiki.

I never did explain all the supernatural stuff did I? It was building up to something I thought was quite cool, all linked to that 1945 painting and even dragging in a Ghibli reference or two... I still have all my notes and background material stashed on my HD.

Gah, we need Mush and Fen back at least!

07.17.2014, 07:15 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Yeah, it's such a shame we didn't get to conclude all the various plot threads. But so many of us have since disappeared, or at least become very inactive, so there's no way we could just pick up where we left off.

I don't know if we could even start again at this point, because I think we would still need more active members. Remember we talked about launching a new game some time ago, and it didn't come to anything?

07.17.2014, 09:25 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Mm, we've sustained a lot of losses... we're missing Maho, Hikari... Natsuba? I never knew who was playing her. Also Loscil's character, Mori was it? And Miyrru's character too... And Fen and Mush of course haven't been around much lately, though I've no doubt they'll be back.

There's no question that there are enough of us active to have an RP, it technically only takes two after all. But I'm afraid I do agree that it would probably be... well, I don't want to say impossible, at least very difficult to try to pick up where we left off.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 07.18.2014, 05:13 AM.

07.18.2014, 05:12 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

I guess there are enough active people, but I'm not so sure we'd all be taking part very actively. We'd definitely need to start an entirely new game, in any case.

07.18.2014, 05:15 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

How about a game set in the same universe a few years later with the same characters but those who don't play are not part of the Reunion group?

Its a bit close to reality I suppose though!

New characters could come in if new people want to participate.

Alternatively we might choose a manga or series or film and set our game in that universe with non-canon characters. That way we get an established background that we either all know or could easily find out about.

07.18.2014, 10:17 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

110% up for either if those options, if others are.

My Anime List

07.18.2014, 12:23 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

how about making it a science fiction. unexplainable scientific event can be treated as supernatural. Win win for both parties.

just a thought

i have never played one

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

07.18.2014, 02:06 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
110% up for either if those options, if others are.

I second this! Either is good with me. I'd quite like to create a new character though so perhaps my preference leans towards the latter.

07.18.2014, 03:54 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Natsuba? I never knew who was playing her.
I have been sworn to secrecy

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.18.2014, 11:44 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

The latter is tricky because it requires everybody to be into one thing, and sufficiently knowledgeable about it that we can all play and know what is appropriate in that world.

I think new characters in the same universe would be more fun. We could even have the same basic idea behind it, but because we want to play different characters, things wouldn't pan out in the same way. Like some kind of reboot, I suppose.

07.19.2014, 12:35 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

We could always pick a Ghibli universe to base it in. That would get around that problem. Only thing is they're mostly a bit in the past and personally I'd prefer a present day setting, though setting isn't a deal breaker.

I do like that reboot idea though, arren. The universe we had was good.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 07.19.2014, 04:21 AM.

07.19.2014, 04:21 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

quote:
We could always pick a Ghibli universe to base it in. That would get around that problem. Only thing is they're mostly a bit in the past and personally I'd prefer a present day setting, though setting isn't a deal breaker.

I do like that reboot idea though, arren. The universe we had was good.

The Spirited Away universe is neat - spirits and so on.

I'm equally happy to stick with the old universe though though I think I'd need someone to go over the main details for me - since I joined late and my character was unrelated to the key plot, a lot of what was going on was unclear to me.

07.19.2014, 09:30 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
[  «    ...  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks