QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Post your random thoughts here! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey, fenkashi, you ever see anything like that at the Stampedes???

I know that cows are a form of deer and the old longhorns could jump quite well, but they were a good deal skinnier than this crittur... lol
=======================================

speaking of wildlife, found a copy of this creature crawling on my arm a couple of hours ago... rather startling, I must say. I don't recall ever seeing one before, but I've now read that they are in the S/W USA...

A Redback Jumping Spider... (phiddippus johnsoni)

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.20.2012, 06:41 PM.

03.20.2012, 06:34 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Guess who turns 18 tomorrow???

03.21.2012, 09:44 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ME!!!!!!!! I wish... lol

Happy Birthday, young new adult type person...

03.21.2012, 10:11 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

doubling on purpose, I didn't want this post to interfere with FFF Birthday wishes...

==========================================

You've maybe heard of a BI-cycle built for two, so how about a UNI-cycle built for two...

HEY! FFF!!! Just the thing for you and a classmate to get around on the campus at your new UNI....

'To ride a UNI with my roomie
At the UNI, don't you see-e-e-e,
That could be so much fun for we-e-e-e-e!!!'

(add musical notes as appropriate)...

Please, no applause...

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.21.2012, 10:26 PM.

03.21.2012, 10:13 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha Husky. Cow jumping is a new one for the Stampede xD. And the bike xD That seems like an exercise in balance.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FFF ^^ I have a feeling we missed Roar's bday though =/ (nvm, it's next week!)

Post last edited by fenkashi on 03.21.2012, 10:19 PM.

03.21.2012, 10:19 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

This reminds me of when I taught my own kids gun safety and use...

This girl looks to be about 8 or 9 maybe and looks like she has been shooting for awhile. She has good form and stance. I started my kids when they were about six. I did this for their own protection, expecially if they saw another kid with a gun. Get away, leave the bldg or area and tell an adult... They had no curiousity about guns through their own experiences and knew better than to try and take one away from someone.

My only disagreement is their attire for traveling on ATV's in the brush... shorts and swimsuits????

It is hard to tell what caliber gun she is firing. It could be a bull-barreled .22 or even a 9mm, hard to say...

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.21.2012, 10:38 PM.

03.21.2012, 10:36 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks, guys. Facebook told me I'm an adult today. hahaha

My boyfriend got me a Korean CD and poster I wanted. He wore a pair of fake nerd glasses today too. He looks cute with glasses. XD

03.22.2012, 08:42 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
Thanks, guys. Facebook told me I'm an adult today. hahaha

My boyfriend got me a Korean CD and poster I wanted. He wore a pair of fake nerd glasses today too. He looks cute with glasses. XD

Happy Birthday!

OooooOooo, which Korean CD?

03.23.2012, 09:27 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

BIGBANG's newest. ;D

I like some indie bands too, but their CDs are typically no longer for sale after a certain time or are out of my price range.

I got some yukata today. By some I mean that an extra came too. O_O

03.23.2012, 09:49 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Long awaited, but here it is!

I have no idea which of my products this was a tie-up with, though I'm guessing it's the Kokuriko CD.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.23.2012, 10:00 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Calforsale
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have heard some of their new songs on the radio, i quite like Blue!

03.23.2012, 10:21 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Oh cool, Cal. I heard about some of their songs being played in Australia. I wish ours would permit foreign music, but I'm pretty sure the rules here are the songs must be English (or French).

And nice, Roar! I've come to realize a number of my official Ghibli and Totoro products are really hard to find online or that I've never seen others of them, such as my Totoro fan, draw-string bag or rounded kids' wallet. :/ Or my pencil case. Actually, just about everything. Even my Kiki pencil case. Nuttin'. Most were bought from Asian stores though. I still wish we had the cute little shop that sold all things Totoro.

Well, maybe I could make than my ambition someday, to maybe rent out a spot for a couple years and sell that sort of stuff. Make a cafe. I know a number of places where that sort of place would be a hit. For now, my ambition is ESL teaching (I want to teach in Thailand at some point too badly, but I will need my student loans paid off and will have to look into how much my income would be there so that it's not too low for when I'd move back). But I want to own my own little business or businesses someday.

03.23.2012, 10:37 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Oh thats annoying. We have one radio station, called SBS which has lots of different radio shows in lots of different languages. But each night around midnight we have a pop asian show !

03.27.2012, 04:16 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale
Oh thats annoying. We have one radio station, called SBS which has lots of different radio shows in lots of different languages. But each night around midnight we have a pop asian show !

Fun!

You know, I'd be living in Australia now if my mom had decided to move there to teach. XD It was something she considered for a long time. Now she's reaching retirement. My cousins lived there for three months a few years back. My mom also has friends there, and the man with the local meat shop is Australian.

I think my boyfriend misses a lot of the Asian shows he watched. D: I mean, he can see them online, but he kinda feels silly since he likes the girlier ones. XD He's always complaining how he has to appear masculine to westerners about being accepted. It's amusing..

Anyhow, sick, so I was listening to some various J-Rock earlier.

03.28.2012, 10:25 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Adrienne Rich died, for anyone who likes anti-man poetry

03.28.2012, 06:43 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My youngest stayed home (sick) from school today. I told her she could pick out something to watch. So after breakfast she desided to put on Howls Moving Castle, then Kiki, then Whisper of the Heart, Totoro and Spirited Away...We had a Ghibli marathon Fun day!

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

03.28.2012, 08:05 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

@Mokie...

now might be atime to answer the Ghibli quote... lol

I can't find it yet...

03.29.2012, 02:35 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ugh. Looking at the "newest submitted" art on DeviantART really does make me angry sometimes.

SO. MUCH. THEFT.

Bloody hell. Stupid kids taking anime screencaps from Google Images and being all "look wot i drew!!1". No. Pick up a pencil or get off this site.

My Anime List

03.29.2012, 12:57 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Ugh. Looking at the "newest submitted" art on DeviantART really does make me angry sometimes.

SO. MUCH. THEFT.

Bloody hell. Stupid kids taking anime screencaps from Google Images and being all "look wot i drew!!1". No. Pick up a pencil or get off this site.

One of the last dA pages without theft... and it's mine.

(Just screencaps and other randoms, nothing massive to-date.)

But seriously, Art Theft and horrendous re-colors are my two major bugaboos with the site. I mean, I'm more than willing to fave artwork some arbitrary critic would deem "horrendous" because they actually MADE A LEGITIMATE, ORIGINAL EFFORT!

As for legit art, expect some of my notebook sketches, digital art, my own photography, etc.

-Just my two bits-

03.29.2012, 01:15 PM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

God, I know.

And when you call them out on it they get all pissy and make the earth's stupidest excuses and uuuuurgh. I just report them. Report them all.

My Anime List

03.29.2012, 01:53 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks