QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  ...    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lots of love to you, Kaz~.

I study gender, but sometimes I say things I've been conditioned to think when regarding gender, which sucks. I struggle a lot with gender identity (I'd probably fall under genderqueer somewhere). It's hard to talk about with people. Things like being told, "Oh but you're so feminine!" kind of bug me.

05.12.2016, 01:56 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watching Eurovision! Poland Poland Poland!!

My Anime List

05.14.2016, 05:13 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Turns out mixing peppermint tea and hot chocolate powder does actually produce a pleasant beverage. :') I thought that was going to go horribly wrong.

My Anime List

05.15.2016, 07:24 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I used to feel really guilty about having crushes on people while being in a relationship but then I realized it's totally healthy.

That being said, I kind of have a crush on one of the boys I'm living with. =A=; He's a giant sweetheart. I must turn as red as a beet every time he speaks to me or asks if I need help. I hope he hasn't noticed. I'm a sucker for sweet guys. I know he's mostly just talking to me to improve his English but I'm so not used to holding a conversation with a guy. He's adorable. I hope I can at least become good friends with him.

05.19.2016, 01:02 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

as far i understand in the previous posts about artists leaving a successor, what i meant was protege(a person who is guided and supported by an older and more experienced or influential person). I dont exactly know if there is any difference between them. I am wondering why anybody did not mention the word. I wonder if there is any subtle difference between a protege and a successor of a person(artist in this case)

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

05.22.2016, 04:11 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

look at the comments on 9gag

http://9gag.com/gag/aBYqKQD#comment

its about hayao miyazaki

i like how they are so positive.

Hayao Miyazaki and ghibli is really something special as they can inspire so many people.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

06.02.2016, 07:27 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I've gotten into Reddit lately. Cool place, so far, though I suppose it depends very much on which subreddits you're in.

There was something else I was going to say but... As soon as I clicked this thread I forgot what it was. <.<

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 06.09.2016, 04:55 PM.

06.09.2016, 04:54 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Tavern's going through a bit of a dry spell, isn't it? For a while there were quite a few people posting quite regularly, but the last couple of weeks have been really quiet.

06.10.2016, 11:17 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm pretty busy with various things. I come in here every day to peek though.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.10.2016, 11:26 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Same, I do check in every day. Usually more than once a day, actually.

My Anime List

06.10.2016, 11:58 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

We need a discussion topic. Something anime based. Another anime club viewing?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.11.2016, 05:22 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm sure that there is some topic that we can get into a discussion about that we haven't covered before...
=============================================

Happy 90th Birthday to the Queen...
=============================================

a discussion on Monarchies around the world?

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.11.2016, 09:44 AM.

06.11.2016, 09:25 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Well... I meant a discussion topic that was interesting!

06.11.2016, 01:47 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahahaha, justng making a suggestion... lol

06.12.2016, 11:42 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

i have a suggestion it is not about anime but it can be discussed in the context of arts too.

My idea is the attachment of a person toward relationship.

here by relationship i mean any kind of relationship, be it a person, a book, a character, a place anything

I am interested because i have seen that my character is to get very attached with the things i like. I have seen my friends to change their habits, and they change what they like quite frequently(except for maybe football teams). In case of people, i am extremely friendly to almost all. But for some reason i only get attracted to people with strong personality, and then again it seems to me that i get attached to them passively. Most people seems to me that they like to form a group at some age and then continue that. Other people dont get attached to specific group, they roam from one to another when the see fit. So why people act this way, what are the properties that makes some people get attached to relationships with a entity, where other kind of people dont care that much.

I think we can ignore the extrovert and introvert problem. Although i am not sure if certain trait is more prevalent in one group. you can add it in your discussion

If you guys think it is worthy discussion, open a thread, i will try to comment on your views. I am just leaving it in the random thread until thread is opened.

06.16.2016, 02:17 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I think a boy has a crush on me. I'm not used to it and I think most of the time when guys do they either hide it pretty well or I'm totally oblivious. Only noticed because he would try to touch me accidentally, whereas most of the Japanese guys I know (and guys in general) would avoid touching me unless we're close or they're leaving. Anyway, it's kind of funny. He's really handsome so I guess I'm kind of surprised.

06.20.2016, 08:01 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
i have a suggestion it is not about anime but it can be discussed in the context of arts too.

My idea is the attachment of a person toward relationship.

here by relationship i mean any kind of relationship, be it a person, a book, a character, a place anything

I am interested because i have seen that my character is to get very attached with the things i like. I have seen my friends to change their habits, and they change what they like quite frequently(except for maybe football teams). In case of people, i am extremely friendly to almost all. But for some reason i only get attracted to people with strong personality, and then again it seems to me that i get attached to them passively. Most people seems to me that they like to form a group at some age and then continue that. Other people dont get attached to specific group, they roam from one to another when the see fit. So why people act this way, what are the properties that makes some people get attached to relationships with a entity, where other kind of people dont care that much.

I think we can ignore the extrovert and introvert problem. Although i am not sure if certain trait is more prevalent in one group. you can add it in your discussion

If you guys think it is worthy discussion, open a thread, i will try to comment on your views. I am just leaving it in the random thread until thread is opened.

OK i have found a somewhat acceptable answer of this question

i think you might know about 16 personality types

here you can read for yourself if you feel interested

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers%E2%8..._Type_Indicator

06.23.2016, 09:47 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm very nervous about the EU referendum. Results are still coming in and so far it doesn't look very positive.

06.23.2016, 10:08 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Apparently, Britain has elected to separate from the European Union... We're hearing it here on the news even as I type...

06.24.2016, 12:15 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

It's not quite official yet, but I doubt there's any way back from it now. A couple more vote announcements will seal the deal, I'm sure.

06.24.2016, 12:41 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks