QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  ...    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is it a guy or girl flirting with you?

And how are you getting on with that cool dude you were starting to get to like?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.27.2015, 06:52 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It was a guy, a friend of a friend. It was a bit weird really, he just messaged me on Facebook out of the blue... and came on waaay too strong. Surprised me, because he's Japanese. Wouldn't have expected that kind of behaviour, but I guess that's just me stereotyping, which I shouldn't do... even if it is in a positive way. I'll just hope he either doesn't persist or tones it down.

And that other guy, we're still talking often, we're friends. No progress per say but things are going fine. Hopefully we'll meet up in the summer. Hell, if the gods are really smiling then we just might take that trip to Japan next spring. He brought that up again last night. I don't know if I'll be able to get the money together but it really would be cool.

My Anime List

04.27.2015, 07:12 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh wow, that would be extremely cool. I really hope it works out for you. You've been through so much and deserve a break.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.28.2015, 03:14 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I second Saddles remarks... Enjoy life as much as you can.

04.28.2015, 10:54 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You go, Kaz! Everyone deserves a good life! Well, most people anyway.

04.29.2015, 05:33 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
It was a guy, a friend of a friend. It was a bit weird really, he just messaged me on Facebook out of the blue... and came on waaay too strong. Surprised me, because he's Japanese. Wouldn't have expected that kind of behaviour, but I guess that's just me stereotyping, which I shouldn't do... even if it is in a positive way. I'll just hope he either doesn't persist or tones it down.

I know some Japanese guys who come onto people strongly (not me, I am pretty legit sure guys are either terrified of me or just shy, I can't tell at this point anymore). My friend's boyfriend is Japanese and he was pretty forward about wanting to date her. Although he didn't get overly flirty. XD

I'm either oblivious or guys have just never tried to hit on me. Not even my boyfriend. lol They've been interested, but never told me or looked like deer in headlights.

Ah yeah, my friend's boyfriend has said some pretty sexist things lately, although they're so sexist that it's hilarious. I died laughing when she told me about some of the things he's said. One time they had to write a paper for a course relating to women's issues and he got upset. She wondered why and he was upset because he didn't think women should be working because they take jobs away from men, that the West ruined Japan this way by allowing women to work and not do traditional household duties. He also said something along the lines of it ruining the economy and that he "had taken an economics course, so he knew more than a NY Times article". She got to wondering if it was just a cultural difference and whether to ignore it. I told her, no, it's fine to get upset that he says stuff like that (it was really funny though) and that yeah it might be part of his upbringing, because he comes from a very traditional family and his parents are (filthy) rich. His mom is a housewife and his father runs a huge pharmacy, I think. I just call him Problematic Rich Boy.

I much prefer our guy friend she was fairly close to last year. lol Not sure what'll happen because they'll have to deal with America/Japan time difference for four months, then Japan/Canada time difference for a year.. Is it bad if I hope it doesn't last? =.= Or that maybe she'll meet someone "better" in Japan and/or date our close guy friend living there? XD The latter won't happen.

04.29.2015, 07:54 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just wanted to say that my daughter in Saudi Arabia said to say 'hi!' to all of you in the Tavern...

05.16.2015, 04:11 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello, Husky Puppy!

05.16.2015, 06:47 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Yeah, you got the wrong dog here, Flare... This crittur ain't no puppy, not by a long shot!!! lol

05.16.2015, 03:39 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Anyone heard from Roar lately? Could he be off on one of his military jaunts?

06.04.2015, 12:29 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

I really don't know... I noticed he hasn't been back for a while, but now he's been gone for over a month. Anyone hear anything?

06.04.2015, 10:47 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hm, that's true. He hasn't posted on Facebook or been on in a month either. o.O

06.04.2015, 11:43 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I just heard from him in our other forum. said he was alive, but just barely with no further information given. Hoping that he is just worn out from exercise or a bad cold...

06.05.2015, 02:10 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was wondering about this myself. It's unusual for him to go so long without an appearance.

06.05.2015, 04:19 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

I hope he's doing well, the Tavern sure wouldn't be the same without him.

06.05.2015, 10:14 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
I just heard from him in our other forum.
Other forum? Have I missed something?

06.05.2015, 10:29 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

the fb forum...

06.05.2015, 12:34 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Guys, I think Mush has been sneaking on without posting.
Because when I first joined, her name was Mushka as her username, and I just went through an old thread and now It's Mush? Weird.

06.09.2015, 09:26 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

No, not really strange. A few members have actually changed their username, although we don't encourage it, There is a process by which our beloved moderator can do this. There are only two or three changes that have been made that I am aware of in my years with the Tavern.

As I mentioned in another post today to Beaufort, many of our past active members stop by and check things out to see what is going on. This is known by the fact that occasionally they will post something and if it was a long time active member that is remembered, happy day!!!
A great reunion.

We are always happy to see past active members stop in.

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.09.2015, 10:51 AM.

06.09.2015, 10:51 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What do you mean by sneaking on? Like just signing in? I do that quite a lot myself, since I like to keep up with what's going on but don't always want to post.

06.09.2015, 03:00 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks