QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
@Saddle: Working experience trumps a paper degree anytime.

I don't think that's true. Almost all the design engineer jobs in the automotive industry require a degree minimum. A BSc helps...

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.20.2012, 07:01 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Life is full of surprises and mysteries.Sometime you may feel sad sometime you may feel good for absolutely no reason. These things happen even if your mind totally controls your behavior. Like this photo taken from just a ordinary mobile camera. all pixelated and rough. But somehow it still manages to capture some moments or feelings. Like the sky so sad or the clumsiness of the people after the end of the day. Photo was taken at the evening after a shower of rain.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

07.22.2012, 01:59 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like the colors and darkness...

07.22.2012, 02:52 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

D: D: I... I want to go there....!

Boyfriend goes to his home countries in the end of September. I feel a little better about that. :') Because that means I'll be able to settle into university before he leaves. We'll just have to settle up a time for each day we know the other will be awake. Yay~. But it'll still be awkward if he tells me I'm living in his yesterday. XD

I'm wondering now if we'll run into issues with our trip to meet his family later on if it'll conflict with his sister's debut. I planned to go after my second or third year, and his sister wants to go back to their country to celebrate her big birthday which is in a year and a half. o.e Uh oh.. I can't go back with them for her birthday either even if I'm on break at that time... crap. But he really wants me to meet his family.

And I wanna meet them. D': Even if they won't speak English to me. XD I'll get by.

07.22.2012, 07:23 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think that in the last three days there have been MAYBE 4+/- posts. This is the slowest that I have ever seen it in here...

It will get better, of that I'm sure...

07.27.2012, 07:43 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I haven't been on here in a while... my 15 yr old daughter broke her back in a car accident (she was a passenger & it flipped 2 times) about a month ago - 1 day before we were to leave on our annual vacation near the Gulf. She has to stay in a 'shell' for at least 3 months and is on pain meds and using a walker.
Anyways the moral to this story kiddies: wear your seatbelt at all times when the car is moving (especially when your 17 yr old driver is showing off and driving too fast)! My daughter took off her seatbelt and turned around to get something out of the back seat. The driver receiver cuts and bruises and was sent home the same day, while my daughter was care-flighted to a Fort Worth hospital where we spent 5 days. My kid knew better!
If you have children, grandchildren, nieces or nephews; even if you told them a thousand times to wear a seatbelt-please remind them often, espeically when they are with other people.
I just feel so lucky my daughter is still here, but at the same time I want to smack her for taking off that seatbelt! lol

[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7274/7679501120_cb2d2bc940.jpg" border=0>
wreck by mokiepoet, on Flickr[/IMG]
This is whats left of the vehicle they were in

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

07.30.2012, 05:32 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Mokie... I share with you the relief that your daughter is alive... I wish you and all of your family well in the coming times of rehab, etc. As I am sure you feel, time for recrimination is over and nothing but support for your daughter is there... BIG HUGS to you and your daughter (gently, of course)and the rest of your family!!

I'm sure that all of us here in the Tavern share your pain... Hang in there!

Good Luck...

If there is anything that you think I can do to help, PM me... And if it is possible on my end, it is done, OK...

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.30.2012, 07:20 PM.

07.30.2012, 07:09 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. I guess that's why my country has an age limit of 18+ for a driver's license.

I had the weirdest dream last night. It was funny, weird, erotic, scary, sad, had zombies, killer plants, family members,, construction workers, anime characters, and Ayanami Rei.

All in the same storyline.

I'd tell you what happened, but the ridiculosity is too outstanding for words.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.30.2012, 11:01 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm named after someone very close to my mother who died as a result of how she was sitting during a car crash. She was very young and about to have a baby.

I'm glad your daughter is alright. My mom has never let me be in a vehicle where a friend is driving (although, this is because I'm also wary since they've only recently gotten their licenses, and I've only let one drive me). Our car alerts us if someone isn't wearing a seatbelt and has a ringer that won't shut off until they put it on. lol

There was a state we drove through on our way to a concert that allowed people to drive without seatbelts. I freaked out. XD

Anyhow... I've destroyed my closet. I'm prepping things to be packed away and have new clothes and things. Moving rooms and then moving out in a month. :s

07.30.2012, 11:26 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks Husky & FFF!
We live in the country and have dirt roads, the girl who was driving has been our closest neighbor for the past 10 yrs & shes been driving since she was 12 (just not on main/paved roads) and I knew her to be a safe driver. She was the first teen I allowed my daughter to drive with. I won't be letting her go with any other teen or other people besides family for a looong time-maybe never! lol

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

Post last edited by Mokiepoet on 07.31.2012, 09:22 PM.

07.31.2012, 09:21 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sorry to hear about the accident Mokie.

My country also has the rule that do not allow teenagers to get driving license. However that is not a case for accident i have seen many drivers who are better but younger. It is just pure luck. nobody wants to spend time lying in the bed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@roar

weird, erotic, scary, sad, had zombies, killer plants, anime characters, and Ayanami Rei.

all these in the same dream
eh.........have you been watching a little bit H recently. Juuust checking.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 08.01.2012, 03:37 AM.

08.01.2012, 03:37 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Somehow I don't think basketball counts as anything ecchi.

And that doesn't explain my uncle sleeping upside down vertically on his head under a winding stairs, surrounded by construction workers sleeping in equally absurd poses (told ya it was weird).

I can understand zombies since it was a character from the anime Sakarea, but everything else was just... random.

But that's why they call it a dream, no?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

08.01.2012, 01:26 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Somehow I don't think basketball counts as anything ecchi.

And that doesn't explain my uncle sleeping upside down vertically on his head under a winding stairs, surrounded by construction workers sleeping in equally absurd poses (told ya it was weird).

I can understand zombies since it was a character from the anime Sakarea, but everything else was just... random.

But that's why they call it a dream, no?

man how did you remember all these

what was the time was it in night or early morning

08.01.2012, 01:43 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Some of my dreams are so vivid that I think that they are real until at some point, usually as I am slowly waking, I realize that it was only a dream and I breathe a sigh of relief... Like you said, Roar, really weird dreams...

One recurring one that I had as a pre-teen/early teen concerned my sister. I am 9-1/2 yrs older and was responsible for caring for her a LOT!!! I think that contributed to the dream...

When I had to feed her, I had to climb a very tall tower, basically just a long metal ladder, carrying her in one arm with her bowl and spoon. At the top of the ladder was a small round platform, maybe 2 feet wide and I would somehow climb around the edge and on top of the platform. I would sit on the edge and put my sister on my lap and start feeding her. She would fall and I would stand up, lean forward and when in position, push against the bottom of the platform to increase my fall rate to catch up with my sister so that she could land ontop of me and thus be saved...

I don't recall ever actually hitting the ground, I always woke up first. I can't remember the number of times I had this same dream, but it was enough that I can still remember it to this day...

08.01.2012, 06:42 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Reminds me of this one extremely vivid and realistic dream I had when I was still younger than five (amazing memory, huh?)

Supposedly I was out with my family. Went to the city for shopping, and my dad bought me and my sis a plush bunny each. Then we went home.

I woke up the next morning and asked my mom where the bunny was. And she stared at me like I was some kind of alien.

Must be the ghostbuster gun my dad bought for me a few days earlier.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

08.01.2012, 11:51 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Reminds me of this one extremely vivid and realistic dream I had when I was still younger than five (amazing memory, huh?)

Supposedly I was out with my family. Went to the city for shopping, and my dad bought me and my sis a plush bunny each. Then we went home.

I woke up the next morning and asked my mom where the bunny was. And she stared at me like I was some kind of alien.

Must be the ghostbuster gun my dad bought for me a few days earlier.

Roar

if any memory is of under the age of five is very very likely that its been made up by brain.

I have many memories of my childhood chronologically like i can see my total childhood. Not just vivid its like 3d. But i do not actually believe in them cause i have understood that my older thoughts have changed the behavior of my childhood self. So when i ask my mother about those thing they do not match up.

Brain is a complex thing

08.02.2012, 03:09 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

My youngest conscious memories are from the age of 3 or so while I was in a TB hospital in Canada.

The three is pinpointed from when I had my tonsils removed. I remember lying on a table with a big machine with round things on it (gauges and dials?) and a person placed a green (I could speak and knew some colors) cloth over my face and I smelled something funny, then nothing. At that time, Chloroform was still used in these kinds of operations.

My crib was against one wall, call it the south wall for reference purposes. I was known for being able to get out of the harness that was supposed to keep me in my crib. I received a present (birthday?) a metal, musical top that frustrated me because I couldn't get it to spin on the bedclothes/matteress. It had to have a hard surface, so I would get out of crib and play with it on the floor. Didn't last long, I would find myself back in bed... I remember that it was different colors and whistled when it spun.

The third memory from that time was one night after lights out and all of us kids were supposed to be asleep, I woke up and wanted my toy (top or teddy, not sure) so i got up. The toy shelves were against the west wall (remember reference?) and covered with a curtain. I made it to the shelves and pushed the curtain aside when Way, way, w-a-a-a-a-y far away (remember 3yo) down near the northeast corner a very small door opened, I remember the light and the figure of the matron calling out to us to get back into bed. I know that there were at least two other kids with me at the time.

Now these memories have been with me for as long as I can remember and times and experiences were verified by medical records and family memories that corroborated my memories. I was even given a picture of me in my crib and harness...

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.02.2012, 04:41 AM.

08.02.2012, 04:39 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I remember past dreams better than I do actual memories, partly because as a child I confused reality and dreams quite heavily.

My earliest dreams from when I was 3 were quite bizarre. My aunt told me I used to tell her the ocean was singing to us and to go listen to it. XD Anyhow, I had dreams that the trees in my backyard became dinosaurs during the night. The other was that my father had a doppleganger who would fly into my window and act silly and then take off with my giant teddy bears while eating them.

My earliest memory I can easily recall was the day my sister was born, because I remember pacing the kitchen floor with my father. I remember things with a lot of accuracy, but my memory is still poor when I need to find something. I remember and retain information easily on stuff I read.

All of my stories, the whole plethora of them, I have locked away in my mind. XD It's amazing actually I don't forget a detail about them after many years.

08.02.2012, 08:35 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

11PM on Friday night in the Palm Springs area and the temp is 100F/38C... 11PM!!!!

08.11.2012, 02:05 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I live in Canada. > No evil hot weather for me.

Until I go to my boyfriend's country. Then I'm going to die. We both will.

It's cold and rainy today. That's his favourite weather since he moved here. I'd prefer weather a bit warmer and suitable for walking. My university is really cold. >.< Even in summer, during the nights.

08.11.2012, 10:25 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
[  «    ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks