QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*comes on without posting all the time*

I think everyone does.

My Anime List

06.09.2015, 03:22 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know that I come in a number of times during the day... also without posting anything at times...

06.10.2015, 01:06 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, you guys make posts a lot, and Mush hasn't made one since before I joined. So, even if I'm just being paranoid, I wish she would come back, she seems really nice from some of her posts that I've seen, and I know Saddles and a few others miss her a lot.

06.10.2015, 09:35 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes we do, Flare. In fact there are a number of members from the past that I wish would come back, at least occasionally, just to say hello...

Loscil, Harmony-of-Mar, Mush, Maho, Moro, Chiros-Dream-Boy, Kemi, Tea Master Tall, Ray15 (loved his photos), hopexx5, dballred, San Toelle, seasprite,,,

To name just a few, so many, many names (I could list hundreds) and I miss them all!

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.10.2015, 11:30 AM.

06.10.2015, 11:13 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

One of the questions in "20 Questions" referred to food and I just wanted to add this.

Perhaps it was because I raised rabbits, chickens, ducks and turkey's for food when I was a young boy. The rabbits were my main responsibility, harvesting, cleaning, etc for consumption. Because of this, I just feel that most animals are for human consumption and that it covers pretty much all animals, if needed.

I rrealize that not all people hold with this viewpoint and that's ok, however:::

When people are hungry and some people feel that a chicken has more rights than a human, I draw the line. In the State of California, a chicken must now be allowed to live in a larger cage or run free if its eggs are to be used for food within the State. If sold from out-of state sources, they must still comply with Calif law.

All well and good, but because of this, eggs that once sold for as low as 99 cents a dozen are now selling for $2.99 a dozen! What used to be a cheap food source is now priced out of the range of many poor people. To me, a chicken is a chicken, to be raised in the best economical manner for the lowest price in the market for the masses. To my way of thinking, a chicken doesn't know or care about whether it is living in a small cage or a large cage. It doesn't affect the quality of the eggs produced in any way.

Sorry if what I said offends some people, but I had to vent a little...

Nuff said.

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.14.2015, 05:32 PM.

06.14.2015, 05:31 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ugh I've been spoiled by the company of people I really like and admire... being around okay-ish people is hard.

06.14.2015, 08:04 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I shall be on a family vacation until Monday. See you guys then!

06.17.2015, 11:59 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Ugh I've been spoiled by the company of people I really like and admire... being around okay-ish people is hard.

Yeah, sorry about that. I'll try and act cleverer...

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.18.2015, 03:05 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Yeah, fen... After associating with people like us, it must be hard to deal with the hoi-polloi....

06.21.2015, 06:23 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I prefer the Roman term - plebians.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.22.2015, 03:49 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

You, You... Latinarian... lol

A random thought,

I see that my post count is over 9980 now and we should see within 2 weeks at most whether the counter will indicate the 10,000 number or start over at 1...

Interesting.

I never started out to get the highest point count, it is interesting, but unimportant to me. I just happen to post a lot and have had the time to do so. I check in to the Tavern several times a day...

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.22.2015, 10:10 AM.

06.22.2015, 05:21 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

That's a good point. Of the 132,395 posts on the tavern as of this one, 9,983 of them have been Husky.

Post last edited by FlareNetworkC on 06.22.2015, 08:51 AM.

06.22.2015, 08:50 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

When you don't realize you put something awkward sounding in a sentence and someone questions you and why you'd work teaching English. :s

Is it... bad? I know I tend to make errors but usually fix them. I can tell when something sounds awkward. Mostly it just makes me sound uneducated. I don't really know why I make errors like those silly ones but I do quite often. ^^;

06.28.2015, 09:02 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

I was the third best person on my school's writing team, and I still make foolish errors all the time. Relax, FFF, plenty of English Professors and students mkae these mistakes all the time. My worst one? One time, I tried to combine Fabulous and Magnificent into one word, and well... Yeah.

06.28.2015, 10:01 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by FlareNetworkC
students mkae these mistakes all the time.
Sorry but that needed to be quoted.

06.28.2015, 10:19 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by FlareNetworkC
I was the third best person on my school's writing team, and I still make foolish errors all the time. Relax, FFF, plenty of English Professors and students mkae these mistakes all the time. My worst one? One time, I tried to combine Fabulous and Magnificent into one word, and well... Yeah.

What did you come up with? Fabuficent? Magnulous? Huh, those do sound like real words...

My Anime List

06.28.2015, 12:30 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Magnulous could be a type of cloud formation.

06.28.2015, 02:19 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Sorry that I have been away from the Tavern for awhile. Two Tuesdays ago I was admitted to the hospital again with either a stroke or a seizure, still not sure which. I am now in a convalescent hospital undergoing physical therapy.

What didn't help was when I dropped and broke my phone and was n't able to connect with any of my local friends, etc either.

07.02.2015, 07:52 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Very sorry to hear that news Husky. I had guessed something hospital-ly was going on as you were so quiet. A stroke is very serious, I think the doctors would quickly know if it was that.

A seizure could be almost anything, stay where you are and rest. Thinking of you.

07.03.2015, 03:12 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Hope you're doing better soon, Husky! Take it easy, we'll be thinking of you.

My Anime List

07.03.2015, 04:51 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks