QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha, his feet would get quite wet if he was stalking you, Flare... lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.15.2015, 03:07 AM.

11.15.2015, 03:07 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If its the shifty eyes from the recent photo then be very afraid.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.15.2015, 04:26 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've always been a very, very introvert person, living 90% of the time inside my head. When I was a kid, I enjoyed playing with other children, but didn't care if I had to play by myself. In my adolescence 'tho, I turned into a very shy person. I had more online friends than irl friends, and spent all my days at home. It was always hard to approach other people and start conversations.
When I entered university, I met so many cool people, even people who had the same interests as me. It's been so good to me. I recently realized that I'm much more talkative and lively now. I don't suffer whenever I need to talk to strangers anymore. It's so nice...
I'm still a complete introvert (I was born this way, after all), but I'm now able to appreciate being with other people.

Post last edited by belborges on 11.16.2015, 12:02 AM.

11.15.2015, 11:59 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was kinda that way myself when I was young, bel... I've said this in here before but with 12 yrs of public school before I dropped out after 2 yrs of 11th grade, I spent 3 yrs at one school (4th-6th). The remaining 9 yrs of public school I went to 12 different schools, repeating 2 of them (moved away, moved back then moved on).

I was always entering a new school mid-term or starting after school had been in session for a few days already. Plus being short and an avid reader (nerd-ish?). I was strong and could run fast, but was mostly the last kid chosen for a team (oh, alright, I'll take Husky sort of thing)... Thank goodness for books!!! I didn't start to come out of my shell until I was about 12. My sister was born when I was 9-1/2 and gave her her first bath when she was 3 days old. Mom was sick, so I had to care for her and my sister.
At that age I was able to. do simple cooking, sewing, ironing, whatever was needed to care for my sis.

She went on to become a Registered Nurse and is now married to the owner of a comedy club. Her hubby is a good man and she is blessed.

As for me, after dropping out, I waited a few months, joined the US Navy for 4 yrs, got out worked a variety of jobs, frinished high school, went to college and received an AS degree with honors, got married at 28, ended up as a mechanic, raised three great kids (my daughter is a member), divorced my wife and have 18 grandkids... I'll send a pic soon of one of my Saudi grandkids, showing off a shirt that I bought for all of them...

Always been a loner and I'm comfortable with my life as it is, have a few good friends, a relatively active life doing things that I enjoy, wishing that I could do more.

Oh yeah, I'm not afraid of public speaking anymore, lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.16.2015, 01:47 AM.

11.16.2015, 01:41 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
belborges
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You're so nice for sharing your story!

Taking care of your sister was good to you, it made you grow up quickly, didn't it? I think these kind of experiences are very important.

I'm glad you're doing well.

...and public speaking still gives me the creeps... x_x
I hope I can get over it soon...

11.16.2015, 11:16 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I slept for almost the entirety of Saturday. >_>;

Now it's 1AM and I'm making spaghetti and reading a book on professional translation.

My Anime List

11.21.2015, 09:14 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Lynnie
Kodama

Registration Date: 10.07.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lynnie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm a bit pissed off. Two nights ago I had a severe spazz attack in my stomach which lasted for hours. I could barely stand... I was crying out of pain and my mom says "don't cry".

Really? Really?? I haven't gotten this out of my head but how could I not cry? I shouted that out after and that made her go quiet. Honestly I've never lashed out on my mom before but that really ticked me off. Especially when I'm going through something extremely painful........

11.22.2015, 01:51 PM Lynnie is offline   Profile for Lynnie Add Lynnie to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

Lynnie, people usually say "don't cry" so you try to endure it, or something like that, but it's really silly. Crying is involuntary and necessary.
I sincerely hope you're feeling better now...

11.22.2015, 11:37 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Do like I do, sit calmly, close eyes, touch fore fingers to thumbs, palm up close eyes and say ooommmmm while meditating on nothing.....

Your welcome, just full of helpful hints...

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.22.2015, 11:44 PM.

11.22.2015, 11:43 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hope you feel better, Lynnie!

P.S. When Kaz' post perfectly sums up college according to my sister.

11.23.2015, 08:09 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy Thanksgiving to Husky and any other US residents!

Ive always thought Thanksgiving was a weird holiday to continue celebrating.

"How about for Thanksgiving we just eat a lot?"

"Its America, we do that everyday!"

11.26.2015, 10:32 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

Happy Thanksgiving to you people who celebrate Thanksgiving!

11.26.2015, 11:47 AM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I have my bad times, but all in all, I'm alive and kicking, just not very high any more...

I am far away from my children, one more that the others, but I share the love I have with all of them and am thankful for the technology that allows us to keep in touch with one another...

The above also applies to all my grandchildren...

I am (temporarily, I hope) restricted from driving for now, but am thankful for the friends who share their time so willingly with me and drive me to my appointments and shopping and other errands...

She had some rough times in her life for a short while, but I am thankful for the love my sister and her husband have for one another and that they share with me. She is my bratty ol' sister, but I love her...

Yeah, it has slowed down in recent times, but I am thankful for all the members in the Tavern that I have come to know in the past and present. We've had our occasional disputes, but they were short lived and our differences were resolved. I am still thankful to you all for sharing at least part of your lives with me...

And so to all who celebrate Thanksgiving on this day, and even those who don't. Happy Thanksgiving for the good things that we have in our lives...

To those that celebrate, enjoy the turkey and the people that you are with. For you who may be vegan, enjoy the sauerkraut and pickles... (both of which I love)

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.26.2015, 12:21 PM.

11.26.2015, 12:19 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
belborges
Ohmu

That was so sweet of you, Husky! Happy Thanksgiving to you!!!

11.26.2015, 10:02 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
Lynnie
Kodama

Registration Date: 10.07.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lynnie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My health hasn't gotten better...in fact I think it's worse.

I know it's serious...I just hope I'll recover one day.

12.05.2015, 09:01 PM Lynnie is offline   Profile for Lynnie Add Lynnie to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Lynnie
All i can do is wish you the best...

I recently found out that I have a small lesion on my left kidney that is cancerous. It will be operated on (removed) in February.

Again, Good Luck...

12.06.2015, 01:37 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
belborges
Ohmu

Husky and Lynnie, my best wishes to you both. I sincerely hope you recover soon...

12.06.2015, 02:08 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Thank you, bel... I'm not to concerned about it... either it works or it doesn't or something goes wrong and I die...

c'est la vie... lol

12.06.2015, 08:09 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

My utmost condolences for both of your health, Husky and Lynnie. Hope you both end up being able to survive for a long while more.

12.07.2015, 07:08 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A little something to which I'm sure several of us can relate (and apologies for the sort-of language).

My Anime List

12.07.2015, 04:00 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks