QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Post your random thoughts here! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think you are right, arren.

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
I'm curious; what kind do you do?

Well, same kind of deal as we had going on in the RPG here. Except with 200% more vampires. It's on Reign of Blood that I RP. They have RP chats there, RP forums, but I think most players (myself included) do it mostly over PMs.

My Anime List

04.25.2014, 07:48 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Urgh, working on this presentation is tedious. Tomorrow I have to talk for six minutes (a surprisingly long time!) about the Nara Period, with a PowerPoint and handouts. I haven't been able to get the speech checked over until tonight, so I'm a little concerned.

06.02.2014, 06:41 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami

quote:

Well, same kind of deal as we had going on in the RPG here. Except with 200% more vampires. It's on Reign of Blood that I RP. They have RP chats there, RP forums, but I think most players (myself included) do it mostly over PMs.

Ah, thanks for that. Vampires eh? Hm, not really my thing!

@ Arren - best of luck. You're cool so I know you can do it! *sends supportive internet vibes*

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.02.2014, 08:54 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It'll work for you, arren, I'm sure if it...

Have a great day...

06.02.2014, 12:26 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm not feeling so hot about it, because it hasn't sounded very good in my practices, and it will definitely go on for too long, but at this point there's nothing I can do, so I'll go to bed and hope for the best in the morning.

06.02.2014, 12:28 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You mean speak in Japanese? Or English?

I usually worry more about the powerpoint, since whatever speech I do is just impromptu. Doesn't get me good grades, doesn't fail me either.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.03.2014, 10:59 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Japanese. So there's absolutely no way I could just wing it. Anyway, it's all done now, and it was okay.

06.03.2014, 11:10 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
hunters moon
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.15.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hunters moon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

SPIRITEDSEN yes mine was DAN DARE from the eagle
comic the illustrator was FRANK HAMPSON.
DAN DARE was a very English science fiction hero and
the villain was the MEKON from venus.

06.05.2014, 04:37 AM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Getting excited but nervous about what to do after I graduate. I'll have to come back to Canada at some time to take a couple courses for teaching in Canada and elsewhere (although some countries, including Japan offer some of the certificates I need, but those are limited and timely). But I think, if I ultimately like ESL teaching, I'll potentially make a career out of it. Right now, I sort of need to pursue it for at least the next few years after graduation. I just want to be smart with my moves and my finances since I'll be in immense debt.

I'm just excited. :B I really want to leave and travel. My parents have never had any interest in traveling or saving money to go on trips anywhere. My mom asked me how I'd afford to move anywhere because it'd be too expensive, but I know that's just her way to deter me from my goals.

06.05.2014, 08:53 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the Tavern, Hunters Moon!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.05.2014, 12:00 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Whatever you decide to do, FFF, good luck.

@hunters moon...
Welcome to the Tavern. Hoping that you will like it here.

06.05.2014, 12:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Are you intending to apply for the JET programme, FFF? I'm considering doing that myself at some point in the future.

06.05.2014, 12:27 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Are you intending to apply for the JET programme, FFF? I'm considering doing that myself at some point in the future.

Yes I am. In two years. I have a few friends who will be applying the same year or a year later. I know a few people who were accepted this year but one had to postpone it for reasons.

If you do it, we should meet up. I have plenty of friends near Osaka, but I want to try to be placed in Aichi.

06.05.2014, 01:16 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami

quote:

Ah, thanks for that. Vampires eh? Hm, not really my thing!

Yep. Although saying that, you can play whatever species you like and have many different characters. The game just happens to be vampire-themed. My newest character is based on the jorōgumo. It's funny, I've barely used him and as I said he is my newest, and yet he's so well-developed already. Actually, I have more written about him than any of my others. Normally it takes a few weeks before I have a substantial amount down but with him it's all just come in a great flood... Looking forward to playing him.

But yeah, no, I don't think Reign of Blood would be your thing.

My Anime List

06.05.2014, 03:17 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
quote:

Yes I am. In two years. I have a few friends who will be applying the same year or a year later. I know a few people who were accepted this year but one had to postpone it for reasons.

If you do it, we should meet up. I have plenty of friends near Osaka, but I want to try to be placed in Aichi.

Nice! Why Aichi? And by the way, do you know about how likely it is to have them accept requests to be put in certain areas? They say that requesting is all you can do, but I've no idea how often people get what they ask for.

06.05.2014, 09:21 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
quote:

Nice! Why Aichi? And by the way, do you know about how likely it is to have them accept requests to be put in certain areas? They say that requesting is all you can do, but I've no idea how often people get what they ask for.

My best friend is from Aichi. She is hoping they'll place me at her old high school or nearby. Two of her teachers there were Canadians and one came from the same area as me, but unsure if they were from JET or not.

It really depends. My friend got into the area she requested (near Osaka). I know quite a few others who have gone on the JET program who presented at my university also got into areas of choice or their friends did. They said the chances are better if you don't request a big city (although some are still placed in cities, like my friend). It also depends on if there are openings in that area. From what I've found, it's fairly common to get into an area if you're very specific on where you want to go.

One of my Japanese friends is going to be an English teacher (he'll be teaching before I do). I'm hoping also to figure out what area he'll be teaching in because I'd love to be his ALT if he teaches in a school that has JETs. lol It'd be hilarious if that happened.

06.06.2014, 02:40 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I lost track of the man, but I had a friend, Mitio Takahashi, that I met on a train in Yokosuka. He was 18 in 1966 or 67 and was studying to be a high school English teacher in Japan. His family is the one I've told you about who had the rice farm about 25 kilometers outside of Tokyo. I wasn't driving, so I don't even know in what direction. I remember getting stuck in a traffic jam because of a baseball game in Tokyo. He's probably retired by now if he's still alive.

06.06.2014, 09:52 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Thanks for that, FFF. I really don't know enough about JET at this point, but it sounds like you have a lot of contacts. All I know is that if I apply for the CIR position, I have a good chance of getting into ALT if I don't get it. You need JLPT N2 or above to apply for that, but hopefully I'll get that very soon...

06.07.2014, 01:44 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
hunters moon
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hunters moon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Welcome to the Tavern, Hunters Moon!

SADDLETANK many thanks for the welcome

06.07.2014, 02:10 AM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
hunters moon
Calcifer

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Whatever you decide to do, FFF, good luck.

@hunters moon...
Welcome to the Tavern. Hoping that you will like it here.

thank you for your welcome husky 51, I'm sure I will
and in time hope to get to know some of you.
kind regards, J.

06.07.2014, 05:28 AM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
[  «    ...  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks