QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just had this thought while getting ready for work...

I got to thnking about all of the people that I've met with and talked with in the Tavern these last 4+ years and wondering where they all went... There are a few still here and that is great, but I miss some of the others... Miyrru, Kiki, Harmony-of-Mar, Loscil, CDB, Ayami, Seiji and too many others to name right now.

I miss them all...

And so, with this depressing thought, I go to work... (if it can be called that, lol)

06.21.2012, 06:01 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm hoping I could find someone at university who can be a role model and just tell me everything will be alright.. it'll be tough, but I can make it..

I just don't know anyone there, and have no one going with me. I think I'm the only one from my school going. >.< But anyone who has gone there or knows the school always tells me how excellent it is.. I really want to do well there. I've never heard any complaints.

06.22.2012, 08:27 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My suggestion would be to ask a guidance counselor or someone of that nature...

06.23.2012, 03:54 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My guidance person in high school went to the same university I'm going to. XD SHE NEVER TOLD MEEEEEEE. She only told me how awesome the school was. lol

06.23.2012, 08:28 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I meant when you got to the university...

06.24.2012, 04:09 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I know what you meant. XD

06.24.2012, 09:15 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

oooooooooooooo snappish!!! lol

hope you're feeling better soon.... HUGS!!!

06.24.2012, 12:10 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Eep, the thunder outside sounds like it's eating my house. :'(

Why can't my boyfriend be off work today?! I need some comforting. My friends aren't talking to me.

06.26.2012, 07:39 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Y U NO C US AS FRIENDS?!?!?!

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.26.2012, 11:33 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller

This is oddly amusing to me. XD It just seems unusual of you.

Yes, I see you guys as friends. :B I just meant my IRL ones.

06.26.2012, 11:54 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller

This is oddly amusing to me. XD It just seems unusual of you.

Yes, I see you guys as friends. :B I just meant my IRL ones.

UH, last time I checked, I was alive and kicking... lol

I know what you meant, tho... an IRL friend being someone who is at hand, that you can sit down with and talk and hug and have a cup of coffee or tea with...

as opposed to someone like your friends in the Tavern who can only 'talk' to you thru the internet...

06.26.2012, 12:13 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

I am making a number of posts in hopes of enlivening the Tavern. It had been almost dead these last few days...

And I haven't seen saviour around, either...

07.18.2012, 11:30 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah feck, i never logged out, iv been online for about 4 hours

07.18.2012, 11:50 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I might disappear for a little while in August and until I settle into university. :I Sorry for the inconvenience.

I finally had a dream about residence and my first day. And... it actually made me realize I was gonna be OK. Like "Don't sweat it". XD Made me feel a lot better, even if it were a dream.

07.19.2012, 08:18 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
I just had this thought while getting ready for work...

I got to thnking about all of the people that I've met with and talked with in the Tavern these last 4+ years and wondering where they all went... There are a few still here and that is great, but I miss some of the others... Miyrru, Kiki, Harmony-of-Mar, Loscil, CDB, Ayami, Seiji and too many others to name right now.

I miss them all...

And so, with this depressing thought, I go to work... (if it can be called that, lol)

It's the internet, Husk, people move on.

Ayami is alive and well, she just isn't into anime at all anymore

She turns 18 in a few days and has got fantastic results from her A levels. She has been accepted into 3 universities but has decided to accept an apprenticeship at Mercedes high-performance engines in Northampton. This is the company that builds the formula 1 engines. Its the ultimate cutting edge of automotive engineering and she's thrilled to bits!

As am I!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.19.2012, 12:49 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Yeah, I know... life goes on....

As for Ayami, that is fantastic!!!! I remember that she was very eager about the F1 scene... Wish her a Happy Birthday for us...

And one of the people that I listed showed up!!! Kiki was here yesterday... As I mentioned to her, I feel a kind of kinship with her as she joined just a month after I did and we were newbies together, if that makes any sense... She was the first one that I could welcome as a new member... lol

07.19.2012, 01:17 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

when i was searching alexa for the infos about ghibli tavern. i found there that most of the visitors are girls. did not knew it was that much.

And visiting here i found out how talented the community actually is. Even husky after working very very hard wants to get A in the exam. FFF , roar, mush, nc,kg,fen etc are also so talented that i never ever thought.

But my saying that engineers love ghibli is proving everyday.

I am more than happy to be a part of this community.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 07.19.2012, 01:47 PM.

07.19.2012, 01:46 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Saddle: Working experience trumps a paper degree anytime. I heard, though, that Bradford has the best facilities for automotive engineering in the world, or that's what my lecturer told me (it's where my degree will come from when I graduate).

Random thought!

Head was downright messed up this morning, the giddiness was so bad that I had to barf a few times just to alleviate the pain.

And yet amidst all that I still had time to wonder: why exactly does vomitting make you feel better?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.20.2012, 03:45 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Maybe by helping to get toxins out of your system...

07.20.2012, 06:15 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Going to London tomorrow, so i wont be here for a while, happy late July everyone!

Post last edited by captain george on 07.20.2012, 05:20 PM.

07.20.2012, 05:20 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
[  «    ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks