QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  107  108  109  110  111  112  113  114  115  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Hi guys. I check in multiple times a day, I just have nothing to say!

I posted in the "That's Amazing" thread the other day.

Yes, I saw you then... Like you said, some times, we just have nothing to say...
hahaha, yeah, I know... Husky! With nothing to say???!!! What a surprise... lol

Like you, I am in here numerous times a day...

07.24.2017, 05:45 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've been debating getting an undercut. I prefer the ones Korean guys go for, there's more fringe options for those styles too. But I'm not sure.. would they make me look sort of like an emo boy? lol May need to learn to contour my face for short hairstyles.

07.24.2017, 09:57 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Tomorrow I'm catching a flight to make my way home for the first time since January last year. It's a long trip so I'll be inactive for a couple of days. Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting home at the end of it all!

08.05.2017, 12:32 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Tomorrow I'm catching a flight to make my way home for the first time since January last year. It's a long trip so I'll be inactive for a couple of days. Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting home at the end of it all!

Is this just a vacation or is the end of your duty over there? regardless, be safe...

08.05.2017, 12:43 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Anyone have any experience with record shops in Japan? I've found some cool ones online. I know I'm on the look for a bit of older music (early 80s to early 90s) and realized there are Buck-Tick vinyls I want. lol Also looking for some of Susumu Hirasawa's earlier work including cassette tapes and his work with P-Model. Not sure how hard the cassette tapes are to find but I know they exist.

Trying to limit where I spend money/want to go because I'd like to spend a week trying to catch up with people in the Kansai region. I'm just hoping I can afford it.. lol

08.06.2017, 11:16 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I made it!

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
quote:

Is this just a vacation or is the end of your duty over there? regardless, be safe...

Just a trip. I'll be here for a week and a bit.

@FFF I'm not a big expert but I've seen a lot of record shops in Americamura and Nipponbashi in Osaka.

08.07.2017, 06:10 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Enjoy, my friend...

08.07.2017, 07:56 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by makc
I will have to leave it for good this time

this is me and this forum:

'just one more time' is the biggest lie.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

08.17.2017, 09:10 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Versailles is coming to Canada and I'm debating going.

Kaz, if you read this, what are the concert crowds for visual kei bands like? I'm not too sure I want to go but it'd be fun?

08.17.2017, 10:57 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahh, how do you mean? The numbers of people, type of people? I'd imagine it'll be relatively small; not sure how big visual kei is in Canada. I'd still recommend arriving a few hours early though if you want a good spot. The people have always been nice; I think they're often happy to meet other fans since they might not know any where they live. Lots dress up in visual kei or lolita style, some bring gifts, roses, there's usually someone with the country's flag that everyone can write a message on or sometimes a fanbook.

I (obviously) think you should go if it's not horribly far and expensive, Versailles put on a great show! I've loved every concert I've been to.

My Anime List

08.18.2017, 06:06 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Ahh, how do you mean? The numbers of people, type of people? I'd imagine it'll be relatively small; not sure how big visual kei is in Canada. I'd still recommend arriving a few hours early though if you want a good spot. The people have always been nice; I think they're often happy to meet other fans since they might not know any where they live. Lots dress up in visual kei or lolita style, some bring gifts, roses, there's usually someone with the country's flag that everyone can write a message on or sometimes a fanbook.

I (obviously) think you should go if it's not horribly far and expensive, Versailles put on a great show! I've loved every concert I've been to.

Ahh okay! I've always sort of felt really out of place at the Japanese concerts I've been to here. I think maybe because I kind of had a negative experience with some of the fans at a Miyavi concert. One Ok Rock went fine but I couldn't really get anyone to talk to me. lol

We have direct flights from here to Toronto now finally so flight ticket prices for the fall are super low. Wanted an excuse to go and someone posted about a Versailles concert and I thought that might be fun. I'm just worried about being kind of awkward because I'm really reserved at concerts. lol But maybe it'll be different since anytime I've gone to concerts it was always with someone who wasn't a fan so might have more fun.

08.18.2017, 04:42 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

@saviour...

Here's hoping that you and all your family are safe at this time in Bangadesh with the bad flooding that is happening around the country...

Husky

08.21.2017, 02:35 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

thank you for your concern husky, it is bad here even in the capital. almost all the roads broken, crops destroyed. as a city living person it will not affect me much, but the village people are the worst sufferer of this flood

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

08.25.2017, 01:40 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Hoping that things turn out well for your countrymen...

08.25.2017, 04:56 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Wow, long time no see saviour! I hope you're coping alright.

08.26.2017, 06:05 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Wow, long time no see saviour! I hope you're coping alright.

hi buddy, i hope you are doing fine too. I was actually traveling for about four months after i finished my uni. i came home this month at 6 aug then was busy preparing cv and other stuff for jobs. Today i signed the contract with a company.

-----------

China is playing a very dangerous game, they are trying to play a three front war!!! or demo war or proxy war , one is with india using pakistan, another with bangladesh(due to bangladesh not allowing them to build a deep sea port like srilanka) using myanmar and with japan and countries using north korea. Each and every situation is only because they think they have become very powerful and also think that they can control countries through economies. they should stop playing with fire

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 08.30.2017, 10:32 AM.

08.30.2017, 10:30 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

In memory of all those, of all nations, who died this day in history as a result of fanatical terrorism...

09.11.2017, 12:02 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Now what Studio Ghibli movie does this remind you of??? This is a Bizarro cartoon...

09.27.2017, 12:42 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

> Bizarro cartoon

how is that a selfie? he clearly takes a picture of his girlfriend.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

09.27.2017, 08:21 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey!

I'm going to finish writing up my JET application in the next few days and I was wondering whether anybody had some suggestions for where to put as my desired location?

I'd like it to be somewhere semi-rural, so I can get an appreciation for the beauty of the Japanese countryside but so that's it not a tiny town and I don't end up feeling too isolated. It would probably be nice if it was big enough that there would be likely to be another JET person or foreigners living there.

I would love it if it was either coastal or up in the mountains - somewhere scenic. Also preferably somewhere with lots of historical buildings rather than particularly modern.

So far I've had wakayama/takayama/hyogo recommended. Thoughts? I've also read that you should never put any of the big cities (Osaka/Kyoto/Tokyo) because the availability is low in comparison to the demand. Arren?

Thanks

10.11.2017, 06:20 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
[  «    ...  107  108  109  110  111  112  113  114  115  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks