QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  99  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  107  ...    »  ]
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by makc
when I say 'personally', it means you don't have to agree with me )

Fair Enough.

I found in a post about Russian people that they do not use eyes in smiley like converts to )

You post is an example of such behavior, cool. (i never thought i would get a demo)

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

10.25.2016, 05:39 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yes, but only lazy russian people do it. there are all sorts of them smileys different from that we use, like or (: still we're very far from japanese stuff like (*^‿^*) or ☆*:.。.o(≧▽≦)o.。.:*☆

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

10.25.2016, 04:03 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I wish i had this

the price is 3000$ if anyone wondering (my current pc is around 1200$)

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

10.27.2016, 04:46 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
makc
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

my current computer is 2009 mac with dead battery. it is worth like 200 dollars on ebay, I guess )

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

10.27.2016, 06:00 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
my current computer is 2009 mac with dead battery. it is worth like 200 dollars on ebay, I guess )

I guess my computer's ebay price for my computer will be around 600$.

I like building PC. It is one of my hobbies.

if you dont mind me asking how old are you? ( ignore and don't reply if you don't want to disclose)

And how do you run new software on that mac. I had 2009 PC till last year, i got so frustrated over it's speed that i bought a new one. Every new IDE( Android Studio, Visual Studio, Netbeans, Eclipse etc.) needs at least 4GB of ram to run smoothly and i could not buy new ones as those are not sold anymore.

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 10.27.2016, 08:33 AM.

10.27.2016, 08:33 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
makc
Ohmu

new software, well, things like adobe cc work fine. this mac does have 4G of ram. and I replaced dvd with hdd pocket, and hdd with ssd, so it's kind of ok. gpu sucks, though, does not support es3 ( regarding the age, well, what's the fun in that? take a guess.

10.27.2016, 09:55 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'll hazard a guess and say mid to late twenties?

10.27.2016, 12:09 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
I'll hazard a guess and say mid to late twenties?

I feel like he is kinda younger say 18-21. He seems like he just started university or something. I dont know he might be older.

@makc

i asked about you age because we know everyone around here(and their real name and their age range and their job and their country and sometimes their address)( because most of us are here for years)

Truth to be told i feel more comfortable to express myself when i know these things about somebody. But i know from Facebook that a lot of children act older.

In case of face to face conversation it is easier to understand the mode and level of conversation. Once there was a child in the forum who started reading all kinds of thread. I feel like, the way i approached was not appropriate for the age, i think i got a bit angry. So I guess knowing those details makes me feel familiar with the person.

Some people come to the internet to hide behind a mask. I said to myself that i wont be that kind of people when i joined the internet.

i am telling you all this because i have asked you a lot of questions in the past. And i dont want you to feel like who is weird guy asking questions. why is he asking questions etc etc.

And what does es3 stand for. I dont remember any popular software with that name.

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 10.27.2016, 01:40 PM.

10.27.2016, 12:35 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
makc
Ohmu

ha ha, so you are basically saying that I act younger than my actual age, or dumber ) oh well. out of all people here, husky would know my age because I mentioned it to him in the comment. but, he did not remember, thus making the point for me, it does not really matter.

quote:
i feel more comfortable to express myself when i know these things about somebody.

actually, I feel an opposite is true. the more you know about someone, the less you can potentially share with that person. because you know (and care) how they will react to things, for example.

moreover, if they know you, there will be real consequences if you fail to account for these limits. there are things I would never ever tell my mother, or my wife, or my friends, but I can go to 4chan, for example, and freely express myself there, and ignore if those people have a problem with what I am saying. you know. I could treat them like really clever chat bots and be free of consequences. I could be an arsehole if I want to. or I can discuss islamic state propaganda. or some weird sex fetish. which is impossible in real life, or facebook, where you have to play social games with people.

10.27.2016, 03:06 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

oh, and, for my post #100 here, let me quote wikipedia:

quote:
OpenGL for Embedded Systems (OpenGL ES or GLES) is a subset[2] of the OpenGL computer graphics rendering application programming interface (API) for rendering 2D and 3D computer graphics such as those used by video games, typically hardware-accelerated using a graphics processing unit (GPU)...... The OpenGL ES 3.0 specification[10] was publicly released in August 2012.

as the macbook is from 2009, apple does not feel obligated to update the drivers to support ES3, and so many cool things do not work on its gpu.

Post last edited by makc on 10.27.2016, 03:20 PM.

10.27.2016, 03:19 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

I understand your point of view

actually we do all that stuff you mentioned even knowing all this. (except maybe for the fetish thing). But still understanding how one might react is one of the most important lessons i have learnt in my life. What i understand to build friendship such is very important.

------------------------
oh it is OpenGL, If you added the GL part i would have got it. GLES, WebGL, OpenGL are more common ( in stackoverflow, google, books). I never heard ES, i guess that is how you guys work. A new word added to my knowledge.

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 10.27.2016, 04:45 PM.

10.27.2016, 04:35 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
oh well. out of all people here, husky would know my age because I mentioned it to him in the comment. but, he did not remember, thus making the point for me, it does not really matter.

Hey, are you trying to say that I'm an old forgetful geezer, makc? Well, it's true...lol

and c'mon, saviour, you are a weird guy... go ahead, ask me, I'll tell you... something... what was I talking about now???

makc... I may have noted it at the time but just glossed over it... not feeling it pertinent at the time, then just forgot it... There's that dang word again...

BTW, I have three laptops and the one I'm on now is a dell, forget the (damn word, again) cost exactly but it was under US$200 I believe. The other two cost less than US$150 that I bought as back-up's so that I could stay online if I had a prob with the one I was using... My son lives out of town and he is my primary computer repairman so I just get the defective one to him and use another until I get the first one back... sigh, some times it takes awhile... Sons being what they are...

Post last edited by husky51 on 10.27.2016, 05:55 PM.

10.27.2016, 05:48 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

if you don't do any work on computers, why not just use some tablet?

10.27.2016, 07:07 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, I use a lot of tablets... and capsules... and lotions...

lol

Too small... I hate texting on my cell phone... fingers too big and tabs too small...

10.27.2016, 07:21 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

here's a glimpse into how they edit their anime now.

10.30.2016, 07:04 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

RIP my sleep schedule. Bed at 3PM, woke at 2AM. Probably going to do much the same today... Well, it works, I guess. At least I actually get enough sleep this way.

My Anime List

10.31.2016, 06:36 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aight almost time to replace this POS laptop. Was gonna go with a Mac but now I want something I can play most of the Sims games on.

11.01.2016, 08:53 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You can play The Sims games on Mac, can't you? I definitely remember playing 3 on mine.

EDIT: Ah...

Gods. *wrings hands* Visiting a clinic for the first time on Friday. Don't know whether I should ask one of the Japanese assistants to come with me. I understood maybe 40% of what the lady told me at the university health centre today, but I got the important stuff? @_@ I guess I'll go alone. I know how to ask them to speak simply because I'm not that good so I guess I'll do that.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 11.02.2016, 01:24 AM.

11.02.2016, 12:37 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

My keyboard has suddenly slowed to about a letter a second after i type it!!!

Mouse still works...

Son is asleep until later, so have to wait until later for help from that quarter...

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.02.2016, 01:41 PM.

11.02.2016, 01:35 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

There, all I had to do was let it re-boot for a few hours... lol

11.02.2016, 10:11 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  99  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  107  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks