QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  112  113  ...    »  ]
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love when people notice something about you and you bond over that. One day next week I'm wearing all of my Pokemon apparel at the same time to school, should be interesting.

05.04.2017, 06:32 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watching an hour documentary of the 2080 foot Tokyo Skytower...

05.04.2017, 09:11 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

what do you see when you look at this:

the sky?

contrails?

maybe that one pixel somewhere at top-left, that is supposed to be a plane?

but do you ever look at this and say - hey, that's about four hundred people in that picture. flying together somewhere, each for their own purpose. someone there in this picture perhaps wants to see their parents. some other one just wants to dive into warm southern sea. perhaps at this very moment when the picture was taken, two people fall in love w e other. or maybe some clumsy ass man spills the drink onto the lady next to him, and that lady makes loud scene about it. or maybe someone is taking a shti there right now.

I never do that. No matter what I could think about that pixel does not change a single thing for me here on land.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

05.29.2017, 07:41 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Does anyone know the meaning of this Chinese character?

Thank you...

06.03.2017, 04:56 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

kind of looks like 者 but different

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

06.03.2017, 05:58 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Spring.

06.03.2017, 08:53 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by makc
kind of looks like 者 but different

has a second slash on the right side (slash ???)

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Spring.

Thank you, guys

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.03.2017, 10:13 PM.

06.03.2017, 10:13 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

oh right, this one 春 one word: online ocr sucks. oh that's 3 words

06.04.2017, 02:49 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Trying to think of this place in terms of in/out balance, what I take from here are anime-related news (very rare), discussions (very rare, mostly people ignore what others write, sometimes state their opinion), random content (such as 'amazing' thread, rare again). I tried to bring my share of those in, too, but that does not change anything. On the other hand, what most of people seem to take from here is making friends and constant small talk (such as HL thread), which is totally useless to me. Making this place not the kind of site I need at all. This is not a sudden realization, of course, I am just trying to accept the consequences. I mean, this was the site where I learned about Ponoc studio, Yuumei art, or that anime with no people in it (tbh, it was too boring for that very reason, but still). Shame that I will have to leave it for good this time

06.16.2017, 11:10 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ok. If it's not the site for you, feel free to leave. I personally love this site and our little community, but if you feel like it's not giving you what you expected to take away from it, then you can bid us adieu. Feel free to come back if you miss it, though!

06.16.2017, 08:17 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Watching a show called "I am Jazz", abt a tg going from male to female and is in high school now. With her being public in this she is talking about online bullying, etc...

Also, kinda funny when she and her parents are at the dinner table and are having an open discussion about future functionality and Daddy, being now in the minority, is kinda unsure how to handle his end of the discussion.

If you've seen the show, you would know what I mean... I'm glad that something like this is being openly shown, so to speak...

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.29.2017, 12:17 AM.

06.29.2017, 12:06 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@makc

This forum was once a lot more focused on anime and discussing it, but that was when there was a lot more people. Plus, because the same people have been returning for years - I myself joined a whopping 11 years ago!!! - we often use it now as a way of staying in contact with each other. I've often viewed the people on here as family. I can see how for somebody looking for a forum to purely discuss studio ghibli or wider anime, that wouldn't be very satisfying.

I definitely miss the glory days of the Tavern where there often used to be lots of keen discussions going on, but I definitely don't intend to stop visiting entirely

07.02.2017, 01:36 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

NC, I couldn't have said it better, thank you....

11 yrs??? WOW!

07.02.2017, 03:40 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

It's weird to think that I've been a member for three years. I feel like I joined just last week!

Edit: holy cow! as of yesterday I've been a member for EXACTLY three years! Crazy.

Post last edited by FlareNetworkC on 07.03.2017, 01:07 PM.

07.03.2017, 01:06 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh my, it really has been 11 years, hasn't it? ^^;

Wow..

07.03.2017, 08:01 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
Oh my, it really has been 11 years, hasn't it? ^^;

Wow..

And you've been here over 10-1/2 years yourself...!!!

Sheesh, I've only been here a mere 9 yrs... I feel so young... (snicker)

It's OK, Flare... You ain't the newest...lol

Saddles ... nigh on 11 yrs, and the same for arren

Even saviour has been here for over 5 yrs.

and Farren showed up, he's been here for 10 yrs.

And many other that pop in now and then are up there in years... Yay Kiki has the same amount of time as I have.

...........................AND WE ALL LOVE GHIBLI's!!!

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.04.2017, 01:37 AM.

07.03.2017, 08:09 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes I'm surprised people still come around this forum after all these years. I still pop in here and there, even though it's not that active. It's nice seeing familiar usernames posting updates on their lives.

07.04.2017, 08:30 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Long live the Tavern! *raises his teacup*

This place is my home on the internet, no better way to describe it.

My Anime List

07.04.2017, 10:51 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Long live the Tavern! *raises his teacup*

This place is my home on the internet, no better way to describe it.

I so, so agree!!!

When I'm home, I pop in here a number of times a day, EVERYDAY!

The familiar names and, in some cases, the familiar faces in my memories that go with the names...

Long Live The Tavern!

Thank You, UO...

07.04.2017, 11:51 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Woohoo! Long live the most tight-knit forum on the internet.

07.04.2017, 09:30 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
[  «    ...  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  112  113  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks