QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The way things are going in North Korea and Iran, I have to think 'with a bang' unless something can be done to alleviate these situations...

12.05.2010, 01:03 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Really? I know the situation is pretty bad, but I hardly think the end is nigh.

Personally, I really don't know. A bang if it's allowed to go on until its natural end. Possibly a whimper if not.

I wonder whether I will go out with a bang or a whimper. I must say, I expect a whimper.

Post last edited by arren18 on 12.05.2010, 01:28 PM.

12.05.2010, 01:28 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Really? I know the situation is pretty bad, but I hardly think the end is nigh.

Personally, I really don't know. A bang if it's allowed to go on until its natural end. Possibly a whimper if not.

this is what i meant when I said, "...unless something can be done to alleviate these situations"...

unless by 'natural end', you are referring to the end of the Earth... Then it will likely be either a meteor or the Sun frying the surface... Bang or whimper in that case...

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.05.2010, 02:54 PM.

12.05.2010, 02:51 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I meant being destroyed by the sun. That's something predictable, rather than a freak event like a meteor.

And when I said that it would otherwise be a whimper, I meant that I don't think a nuclear war that would destroy the planet is on the cards. There would need to be further serious problems for that to be a likelihood, and if that ever happens it's some way off. Besides, I doubt North Korea and Iran have enough nuclear weapons between them to have such a disastrous effect, not to say that nuclear war itself wouldn't be a disaster. Of course, nobody knows exactly what North Korea has, but then, as it's so geographically small, it would take no time for the combined greater world powers to crush it.

Naturally, I hope it doesn't even come to that. I have no desire for any war.

12.05.2010, 03:31 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
I wonder if the world will go out with a bang or a whimper.

My money's on a bang--of the natural sort. A small asteroid will do the trick. The really cool part of a wager about the end of the world is that there will be nobody to collect on the bet.

12.06.2010, 10:49 PM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by dballred
quote:
I wonder if the world will go out with a bang or a whimper.

My money's on a bang--of the natural sort. A small asteroid will do the trick. The really cool part of a wager about the end of the world is that there will be nobody to collect on the bet.

Kinda of a 'heads I win, tails you lose' sort of thing, huh...? lol

12.07.2010, 01:29 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My bets on aliens taking over. Just saying..

12.08.2010, 02:13 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha, aliens. Whatever happended to friendly aliens like ET...all the ones we come up with now are trying to take or kill us or both...

Don't really have a preference but it'd be cool to see it end while humans survived. Think we could survive the end of the world?

I mean, obviously, if meteor half the size of earth hits us, it won't happen...but if it was something else, devasting but not resulting in instant death of everyone.

Anyways, here's my random thought of the day: It is really weird being old enough to look at pictures of your friends and family and not remember where you were when the picture was taken.

Like you know when the picture was taken, what day, time...know everyone in it.

Seriously bizarre.

12.09.2010, 06:22 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

hahahaha

never thought of it from this perspective before...
---------------------------------------
Let's face it

After Monday and Tuesday... even the calendar says -

W T F ?
-----------------------------------------

a friend of mine sent this to me... lol

(pardon my English)

12.13.2010, 12:54 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would laugh at ^ but it's just too true. xP

12.13.2010, 06:49 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Haha, aliens. Whatever happended to friendly aliens like ET...all the ones we come up with now are trying to take or kill us or both...

Don't really have a preference but it'd be cool to see it end while humans survived. Think we could survive the end of the world?

I mean, obviously, if meteor half the size of earth hits us, it won't happen...but if it was something else, devasting but not resulting in instant death of everyone.

Anyways, here's my random thought of the day: It is really weird being old enough to look at pictures of your friends and family and not remember where you were when the picture was taken.

Like you know when the picture was taken, what day, time...know everyone in it.

Seriously bizarre.

It wouldn't take a very large meteor or asteroid to wipe out life on Earth--a few kilometers diameter in a head-on collision is all that would be needed.

At some pont in the distant future, the Sun will go nova and its diameter will likely reach out to Venus or beyond. All life on Earth will be toast--more than likely well before the Sun begins to expand. If we are lucky enough not to have a meteor incursion before then, I'm sure the human race or whatever succeeds us will have the technology to "get out of Dodge" before such an event, preserving the species.

For your other question, I can often place the people, locations, and approximate times of photos. What I have a hard time placing are my own writings that I might have made only a couple of years before. One additional note on photos: My great-grandmother made notes on the backs of photos of the people and situations. My grand-aunt didn't. Both of them passed away long ago, so there's no one left to explain the photos first-hand. Many of my grand-aunt's photos are now worthless. Keep that in mind if you want your pictures to have lasting significance.

12.14.2010, 01:02 AM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Notes on photos... That's a really, really good idea.

12.14.2010, 01:55 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Yeah, I love going through my parents' and grandparents' pictures because of that...the time stamp and the description with everyone's names. It makes the pictures so much more special.

I would do that but mine are mostly all stored in a stick somewhere. Yay for the digital world.

12.14.2010, 02:03 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

When my mother died in '05, I was at my sisters looking thru mom's photos... Some had notes, but many others did not. As I was looking thru them I started marking on the back lightly with a pen the ones that I recognized, either locations or people, and my sister saw me and got mad, saying that I was damaging the photos themselves. So I got some stickies and wrote on them and stuck them to the backs of the photos and she still got pissed. I just gave up after that and haven't seen them since.

I love my sister dearly, but she is a total yuppie and always has been... I accept what I cannot change... She totally fits in to the lifestyle of the rich and famous... lol

I DO have some old photos of family of my own and they are notated... best that I can so.

12.14.2010, 02:38 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
laazd,
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.27.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by laazd, Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

can't stop eatttingg !!!
thaaank god for my fast metabolism.

12.14.2010, 11:58 PM laazd, is offline   Profile for laazd, Add laazd, to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lee Jun Ki's crying face makes procrastination well worth while.

Though I probably should start my philosophy essay soon...

12.15.2010, 03:20 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm FREEEEEE!!!
for about a month.

12.17.2010, 01:00 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm not really sure where to put this, but I thought you guys might like it! I think it's pretty cute cosplay.

12.22.2010, 07:13 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

That's pretty accurate... It actually has a rather uncanny effect.

12.22.2010, 08:25 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

please please please please pleaaaseeee!!!!! ! >.<!!!! T__T

01.01.2011, 10:31 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
[  «    ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks