QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  108  109  110  111  112  113  114  115  116  ...    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Does JET support positions in the Inland Sea? That seems to be a very beautiful region.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.11.2017, 06:56 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I expect they have places there, but there can't be many. It would also be very rural, and hard to judge how best to get there since those islands are divided between several prefectures.

I second the recommendation of Hyogo (since I live there lol)! It has both south and north coasts so it's quite varied, and it also has major urban areas so you'd probably not be too isolated.

Other than that, Okayama and Hiroshima prefectures might be good choices. They each have a major city but are otherwise quite rural. If you put down Kyoto (prefecture not city) you could get somewhere nice that isn't too far away from the cities. Ishikawa is also nice, but you might end up being out in the sticks. The same issue might apply to prefectures in Kyushu, but of those I think Fukuoka should be safe.

10.12.2017, 12:44 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good luck on your JET wishlist, NC...

10.12.2017, 01:26 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

THIS IS SO COOL!!! iIVE WATCHED THE VIDEO THREE TIMES ALREADY!!!

"Night Watch" by Rembrandt, this is thrilling!!

WOW! TRULY BRILLIANT!

"Night Watch" by Rembrandt, brought to life

The Rijksmuseum museum in Holland had an idea: Let's bring the art to the people and then, hopefully,
they will come to see more - at the museum.

They took one Rembrandt painting from 1642, Night Watch and brought to life the characters in it,
placed them in a busy mall and the rest you can see for yourself!

BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW.....
take a good look at the painting above. Then click to enjoy the video.

https://youtu.be/a6W2ZMpsxhg

Post last edited by husky51 on 10.12.2017, 11:57 AM.

10.12.2017, 11:53 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That video was cool husky thanks for sharing

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

10.20.2017, 09:48 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So people who are here regularly and have been posting recently will have seen my thread with the Ghibli Tavern Rankings. Initially it was just an idea that came to me, but since coming up with it, it got me thinking about ways to encourage more activity.

Obviously getting people to join isn't so easy, especially given that Ghibli aren't actually coming out with stuff at the moment. But we have a lot of members already! And there is actually a way to contact everybody. The forum software has a newsletter function, so I can send out a message (I think it's an email?) to all members. I seem to remember it being used at some point to alert people when the forum wasn't working.

Any thoughts on this? I'm a bit reluctant since I don't want to pester people, but it could be an encouragement for older members to pop by and take a look at what's going on. So if others think it's a good idea, maybe I'll try it out.

11.22.2017, 06:21 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

By all means, arren GO FOR IT!!!

11.22.2017, 06:51 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Gets my vote.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.22.2017, 09:11 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@arren thank you for bringing that up. I am all for it. But i dont know if it really is possible to send that many emails from this hosting likely will be flagged as spammer and cuase other problems.

I think as it is a new form activity after such a long time we should first create the content. then see what way we can deliver those.

and by the way do you have access to the main site? it has not been updated for a long time.

I am all in for updating or new activity. I am willing to help you in everyway i can if you need.

In my opinion we should hit for new year event

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 11.24.2017, 06:36 AM.

11.24.2017, 06:35 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just bought Kimi No Na Wa and When Marnie Was There for my dad, for Christmas. Hoping they'll be good. Marnie kind of went under my radar somehow; I can't remember having heard much about it, good or bad, but it seems to have very positive reviews.

My Anime List

12.15.2017, 08:08 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Have you watched Kimi no Na Wa? I loved it to bits, quite a convoluted story. Stunning animation as usual.

12.15.2017, 08:42 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haven't seen it yet, I put off doing so so I could watch it dad, haha. But I've heard so much good about it. I was a bit disappointed with The Garden of Words - it was visually stunning but the story was poorly executed, I felt - so I'm hoping this will be better.

My Anime List

12.15.2017, 08:46 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Just bought Kimi No Na Wa and When Marnie Was There for my dad, for Christmas. Hoping they'll be good. Marnie kind of went under my radar somehow; I can't remember having heard much about it, good or bad, but it seems to have very positive reviews.

I bought the book before I was able to find the movie, but shelved the book until after I had seen the movie... They were very good, both of them and the book (as usual in a book/film connection) filled in a number of ??? spots.

Still haven't seen Kimi No Na Wa yet... looking, looking...

12.15.2017, 08:52 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Those are both good films! Kimi no Na Wa is obviously popular, but in my opinion Marnie is underrated. I hope you enjoy them!

12.16.2017, 08:28 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Marnie IMO was a great story, both film and book with a rether unusual storyline...

12.16.2017, 10:30 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

A very merry Christmas to everyone at the Tavern! Hope you all have a wonderful day.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 12.25.2017, 09:29 AM.

12.25.2017, 09:28 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Merry Christmas everyone <3 all the best wishes you and your families ^_^

12.25.2017, 11:40 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all have/had a lovely day!

12.25.2017, 12:33 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday's to everyone in the Tavern...

12.25.2017, 12:49 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

turns out it was Hayao birthday yesterday

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

01.06.2018, 05:27 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
[  «    ...  108  109  110  111  112  113  114  115  116  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks