QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  ...    »  ]
Lynnie
Kodama

Registration Date: 10.07.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lynnie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This cold won't go away....

08.23.2016, 05:42 PM Lynnie is offline   Profile for Lynnie Add Lynnie to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The guy I like has spent the past three days talking excitedly to me... about fruit. I can't help but laugh, although it's endearing.

I kind of think how I fell for this guy is sort of funny, and also Ghibli related. I had gone to the basement to set up the DVD player and he was sitting with some of the other students. He immediately got up and came over to ask if I needed any help and tried to set the DVD player up for me (turns out we both suck at using technology). We all decided to watch Whisper of the Heart and he sat beside me. Everyone got talking about first loves and relationships, so he looks at me and asks, "Have you ever fallen in love at first sight?".

Yeah, right then. Smack. Although really, it was the DVD player. lol I thought I was crazy. But then I got talking to him and thought, "How is this person so kind? What is this magic?"

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 08.23.2016, 10:45 PM.

08.23.2016, 10:37 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

FFF! That's so cute! Good luck with your fruit boy :~)

08.23.2016, 10:45 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

FFF, did he come in a basket???

08.24.2016, 02:05 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've tried hugging him. He so far hasn't turned into a zodiac sign. Good, good.

He's one of those people I've had to poke a few times because I was like, "Are you sure you're real?" Maybe it's because of his family or all the shoujo manga he reads. In any case, I never expected to meet someone like him through the exchange students.

He and two other friends called last night while they were driving to an island somewhere. It was cute because our guy friend was saying, "Oh he wants to say something to you, he wants to speak", and he responded with a huge "Hiiiiiiii". It's really nice just to listen to them speak in Japanese with each other.

08.24.2016, 06:19 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ha ha, today on the internet: "when anime shapes your reality"

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

08.24.2016, 08:31 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey hey hey! Just wanted to pop my head in the door and say that I am alive and well I'm sorry I haven't posted in a really long time!

I actually am about to get to sleep, but I'll be sure to jump back on some time in the next few days and catch you all up/catch up on you guys.

08.25.2016, 05:40 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

This might not be the place to post this, but I've been really struggling with suicidal thoughts.. for the past three years. Right now, I've been having them more than usual. I know I won't act on it, but it always scares me when I feel them creeping up on me. It almost induces a panic attack.

Not sure what to do..

08.25.2016, 11:41 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@FFF
Look to your future... It may be scary but millions of others have done it and you are no exception. Confidence in yourself is a first step!!! You are you, no one else is. You've done well so far and there is no reason to expect otherwise in your future.

Yeah, things may get tough, but you can persevere and succeed, only you!!!

I went though a bout of it at 25 yrs. Here I am, a quarter of a century old and what do I have to show for it? Nothing! No great job, no girlfriend, no wife, no children...
What the hell have I got!!! I was so afraid of killing my self at night that I unloaded all my guns and locked away the ammo! I was afraid that my depression would result in my waking up and shooting myself...

But I made it, didn't I? A good wife for most on our years together, 3 great kids, 19 grandkids and all love dad and grandpa... many, many friends both in the Tavern and some others online as well as good friends in my life around here where I live...

Now I'm retired, making enough to live on comfortably, time to persue activities that I am interested in and even tho I've been hospitalized for the last five months, my health is improving, I'm getting better as time goes on,
I've made many friends in here, enjoy a variety of amusements here which include go to a baseball game this evening...

So see, FFF, even if things seem bleak for you now, hang in there and things will generally come around if you keep working at it. If you don't work at it and just give up, then nothing can be expected to come out in your favor...

Just remember that your family here in the Tavern loves you and wishes the best for you...

Husky...

=====================================================

@NCCCCCCC!!!

great to see you again and looking forward to your news... (married with three sets if twins??? No?... CEO of a major fortune 500 company making millions? No)
Well we'll just have to wait and see then...

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.26.2016, 01:17 AM.

08.26.2016, 01:10 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@fff oh wow, how does one go from love-at-first-sight post to suicide post in such a short time? I mean, you just said you had IRL whisper-of-the-heart experience... all while watching it ) where could this go wrong?

@husky but how does unloading guns help. I mean you can always load them back. or find some other way to end it.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

08.26.2016, 03:44 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Think about it, Makc...? It makes it that little bit harder so you can't just pick the thing up and... you know.

FFF, I'm really sad you're feeling this way. I don't really know what I could say to help, if anything. I had thoughts like that when I was younger. I think the main thing that stopped me doing anything was... well, firstly I was just too afraid to, and secondly I knew how much it would hurt all my friends and family.

==

And hey, NC!! So good to see you again, it's been forever!

My Anime List

08.26.2016, 11:21 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

@makc
Like Kaz said, it takes that much longer to reload and during that time you have a brief cool down period where you can come to your senses from waking up at night...
=========================================
@FFF
Also like Kaz said and I forgot to mention... Think of the sorrow and anguish that your family and friends would go through after such a thing was done...

08.26.2016, 11:54 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Interesting Read

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-most-...campaign=buffer

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

08.28.2016, 05:24 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks guys. <3 Sorry for what was probably a scary post. Those thoughts are usually what I've kept bottled up for years and they've just been manifesting tenfold lately. I know I suffer from depression, although what type I'm not sure. I do think it's possible I'm bipolar.. I've wanted a diagnosis for years but I've been too nervous to go. My ex tried to take me but I kept refusing because of the cost and fear behind it.

I'm just not exactly in a happy place. I'll get there, but I don't know when. I think I'll do a lot of great things in life but I feel held back by things I shouldn't. Right now, my mother's negativity is just really getting to me..

08.28.2016, 09:15 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You'll get through it. I recommend giving professional help another chance though, even if it is tough. Sometimes you need a bit more than just a positive attitude.

08.30.2016, 10:53 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yes, of course! I would like to but I'm not sure how to go about it, or how to get the money for it. If I were still a student, I would have more resources and my insurance would've helped pay for it..

Last time I spoke about wanting to get help with my mother she cried hysterically and wondered where she had gone wrong. I really don't know how to talk to her about how I feel. I can't stand being left alone with her because she is a constant cloud of negativity. Really wish I had the money to move out..

I really need professional help mostly for dealing with the emotional abuse. I don't know what sort of professional to go to for that or how to be referred. I kind of want to ask my family doctor because I know he could refer me, and it would help explain some of my medical issues. But I have no insurance at the moment or the money.. Ahh I don't really know where to turn. :s

08.30.2016, 12:50 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

@FFF
Surely there is some kind of public assistance that you could go and see? Ask around, it may be there...

08.31.2016, 02:06 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

if I am not mistaken, most of "public assistance" is church recruitment schemes.

I'd say it is better to try and meet new people and, who knows, some of them might become friends and actually care about you enough to help you with your problems.

08.31.2016, 01:21 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks, guys. haha My best friend gave me some links. I'm going to try talking to my mother Friday about how I feel. My family doctor should be able to refer me to the right people but I don't know how to talk to him about it.

I tried reaching out in a group. I was really scared because a lot of them know my ex. No one really had any advice for me. But it felt good to say what I needed to try and vocalize.

Not sure how to go about meeting people in my hometown. It would really require moving if I want to make friends.

08.31.2016, 09:14 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

As for your Doctor, just speak out and tell him what and how you feel... That is what he is there for and your not the first to approach him with personal problems.

08.31.2016, 10:50 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks