QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Post your random thoughts here! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  104  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  112  ...    »  ]
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Looking quite fishy that an attack to happen just weeks before formal breakup with eu starts. Getting heavy blows from scotland and other parties in england, this incident is making me take a wild guess. The attacker being dead the story will be never known. A policemen and a pedestrian was dead, because of hate culture (either by terrorist or some dirty political game)

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

03.22.2017, 06:05 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, it sure has been a while.

In a burst of nostalgia I decided to stop by for the first time in, what, like 8 months? It's a shame the tavern doesn't seem as active as it used to be. Anyways, I'm in high school now! Actually, almost done with freshman year. Crazy how time flies. My Ghibli collection has grown significantly. I don't think I'll be abke to consistently visit the tavern, but I promise to at least stop by every once in a while!

03.26.2017, 10:03 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey, FNC! Nice to see you're doing well.

---

So uh, I got rejected by someone.... without even saying anything. It's been kind of weird to process because I totally was not prepared. They've always been fairly considerate of my feelings so it definitely came as a shock. I was confused by the nature of our relationship but was going to ask them directly when I saw them again. It caught me totally off guard..

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 03.26.2017, 10:16 AM.

03.26.2017, 10:14 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good to see you, Flare... Feel free to drop by anytime...

Sorry to hear that, FFF, Hang in there, Girl...

03.26.2017, 11:22 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks, husky. <3 I'm okay though, but it really threw me off. I was very reasonably upset at them for how they went about it and they've since apologized and agreed that it was pretty crappy what they said. I think they realized they'd been leading me on and weren't aware that was what they were doing (or maybe they were). I'd been confused about their intentions for awhile now and had wanted to talk but in person.

03.26.2017, 08:42 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello Flare. It's good to see an old regular reappear.

03.27.2017, 10:53 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks guys. Ugh, I'm so tired because I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep. Also, the wifi is out at my house, so that sucks. I should probably try and get some sleep.

03.30.2017, 06:38 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If you have it handy, a glass of warm milk will sometimes help, Flare... Or take a warm shower... These are two of the drug-free methods that I use.

03.31.2017, 03:07 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

random research on single parentship, this is very disturbing problem in my country. the mother suffers a lot due to this. As i see this a lot in the anime i wanted to know the situation in japan (as i already know about US and UK, china's data not available). So far i have found

the number of families with single mothers was 1,238,000 in 2011 (as compared with 220,000 families with single fathers), twice the number recorded in 1973.
http://www.nippon.com/en/in-depth/a04603/

they are poor too.

the cause is quite simple it is called "kyōgi rikon"

Source

I think it might a good topic to research for other people here.

NB: for those who are not feeling like reading it

quote:
Any couple can end their marriage simply by going to their local government office and filling out a form, as long as both agree to the split. This process is called kyōgi rikon (divorce by mutual consent). No other country makes it that simple. However, child support and alimony can only be mandated if the couple process their divorce through a court or an arbitrator. Under such circumstances, the judge or arbitrator can set the conditions for custody and child support. If, say, the ex-husband does not pay his required amount every month, the court can attach his wages or otherwise force him to pay. But there is no legal enforcement under a kyōgi rikon, no matter what one spouse verbally promises to the other. Kyōgi rikon account for 90 percent of Japanese divorces.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

03.31.2017, 02:58 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

I just wish the divorce part was easier for my daughter... Now, after all this time, the court wants a male member from both sides to get together for some reason...

Who the heck represents my daughter???

EDIT: Sorry, just frustrated...

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.31.2017, 04:51 PM.

03.31.2017, 04:50 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Oh wow, I didn't know that about divorce in Japan. It's pretty interesting to me, not sure why I never thought about it before when it comes up a lot in dramas and manga. Sounds like an interesting system (I am for easier divorce options). I've done research on single mother households in South Korea but not Japan. But I know more about the childcare system in Japan because my friends sometimes talk about it.

03.31.2017, 06:31 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

An online friend of mine that is in contact with many veterans in the US and Australia sent me this picture with some other animal pics... It may have been seen before, but I thought that I'd post it... lol

Totoro, the owl and his mushroom

04.02.2017, 01:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Aw, that's adorable!

04.02.2017, 01:43 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

It is going to be interesting to see what trump does with china

personally i would be happy if he could deter china but that is not exactly possible now

04.06.2017, 12:54 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

China or North Korea???

04.06.2017, 04:31 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
China or North Korea???

China, he has meetings with xi xingping (chair of china)

04.06.2017, 09:27 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Can I just say that Isakaya has me feeling so shook right now? I just finished thread #2, I have no idea what's going on between Seisaku and Maho, Hibiki is seriously worrying me, Takeo hasn't shown any sign at all of liking Kazuo, and above all, WHY IS ICCHAN HIGHKEY SUCH A JERK? Idk man this story is amazing but I don't know if my emotions can handle this

Anyways, at least Tanaka and Yuichi are keeping me sane. Thank goodness.

04.07.2017, 08:22 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

My family is moving into that not wanting to talk about me moving overseas phase. I'm not sure why this is so mentally exhausting on me but it really drags me down. I get that they're worried but I sometimes need help with applications and need encouragement throughout the process. I'm worried their negativity will wear me down too much to actually go through with it.

i.e. I bought a decent suitcase the other day and my mother lamented to the store clerk how worried she is and how I'd be going to a "war zone". Store clerk lady was a pretty good sport about it.

I've kind of dealt with this the past several years. At least they aren't blatantly ignoring me about it anymore. But they're getting more vocally upset.

05.02.2017, 10:57 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

And they will continue, possibly hoping to wear your commitment down. Some parents are like this and they usually do it out of love and fear, both. In my case, no, I did not want my daughter to move to Saudi Arabia, but she wanted to go with her husband and we (her parents) felt that this was her choice and her decision. We hoped for the best and unfortunately it didn't work out for her. All I can do at this point is to support her in her life as best that I can and LOVE her and her children with all my heart. She and the kids share their love with 'Grandpa in America' and I love them back. hahaha, i'm starting to repeat myself...

Anyway, FFF, if this is what you want then you have to stick with your desire...and stay strong...

05.03.2017, 01:53 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

I forgot to mention it, but yesterday I met another young lady who asked about the Kodama tattoo on my arm while I was at the local postal annex... I told her all about the Tavern and we may have another member...

Anyway, I did tell her about us being worldwide and a bit slow for now... See my friends, the tats do come in handy. I've met people as young a 7YO (with parents) up to 50-60YO. I haven't posted about all of them, but it must be about 20 or so people that have mentioned my tats... and what fans they were of Ghibli Films...

05.03.2017, 07:26 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  104  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  112  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks