QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Post your random thoughts here! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

More like Japan grew more haphazard in their playing style towards the end of the game. Seriously, the were everywhere, but hardly looked organized. Even after Australia scored the equalizer, they sent out a STRIKER instead of a defender. Extra lapse in defense, and instead of fighting to keep a draw, I guess they decided to rush in to grab a win.

Stupid mistake, really.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.19.2006, 02:38 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ummmmm, i didnt watch the game, but i heard we kicked Japan's ass. lol. & if they can't stand the heat & exhuastion in the middle of the game, shows we are better than them lol (in soccer) but no beef, we'll problyy go back to being a crappy team next year, hopefully not, Go Aussie, Australia Rules, Football's better than soccer, but **** it, we're winning in soccer, so time for some boastinmg lol gammin

cheers

06.19.2006, 07:28 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Does anyone have a favourite non-anime cartoon or comic book character? As my new and totally awesome sig tells you all, mine is The Joker!! I am totally obsessed with Batman in general, even have
tattooed on my ankle, but without the yellow background!
The Joker is a sick, twisted, gorgeous little psychopath, with the most perfect nose in history (don't ask!!), and he is my absolute number 1!! What about you lot?

06.19.2006, 09:08 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

James Bond man, my faverite chacter, but i also like anything clint Eastwood played as

cheers

06.19.2006, 10:32 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Not actually a comic book or cartoon character, but thanks for the input anyway!!
I just got outbid on the new Studio Ghibli Collection Grave Of The Fireflies DVD on eBay...aaaaaaaaargh!! I can't find it anywhere, not even on Amazon, has anyone in the UK actually seen the new Collection version in any shops or sites?

06.19.2006, 10:53 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
See what I mean, people. There are disbelievers even here.

Apparently, from the link I provided, not only has over-unity been confirmed to exist, they actually have a WORKING PROTOTYPE in existence.

In fact, the office for international patents has openly declared that they will NEVER issue a petent for design claiming over-unity or perpetual motion, yet they issued the patent.

And dballred, physics laws aren't always confirmed. Look at the wave theory, and the electron-proton electricity mistake. Both are examples of physiscs "rules" that supposedly cannot be wrong, and yet it was discovered years later that they weren't perfect.

It's pretty much the same as the "fact" that the north pole is at the Arctic, until you realize that the north point of the compass is attracted to the SOUTH. Not to mention the fact that discoveries of magnetic fields under the sea reveals that the Earth's magnetic poles was once REVERSED; i.e. the north pole was once the south pole, and vice versa.

I'm afraid you're reading a well-intentioned hoax. A working prototype of a perpetual motion machine (making a Miyazakian leap of faith that it's possible) would be BIG news in the physics world--not an entry in an Internet web site, claiming that the Japanese Yakuzas are behind the conspiracy to keep it covered up. People have been looking at magnets for centuries as a possible way to get unbounded energy.

Over the years, many people have claimed that they built over-unity magnetic engines, but not one working prototype has been verified by an accredited testing laboratory. That should tell you something.

06.19.2006, 01:11 PM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
Phyrra
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, that all does seem a little dodgey...

I'm afraid, Roarkiller, I agree with dballred... could it be another conspiracy theory? Like the fake moonlanding?

SpiritedSen, a few times people I've spoken to have gone:

"Honestly, your just like Lisa Simpson"

Not that I'm really a yellow girl, but she is, I suppose, kinda like me...

Is that a bad thing? yeah, it probably is...

...I shouldn't have said all that... I bet you'll all think of me as strange... if you don't allready...

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

06.19.2006, 01:24 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
ting
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ting Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

actually learn a lot in this forum, about science, anime and even football... at least japan is better than hongkong or china...>,<

SpiritedSen: what you mean by new Studio Ghibli Collection Grave Of The Fireflies DVD ?
i know wehre you can find Grave Of The Fireflies DVD,this website
http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=sprom...mp;title=175423
cost 8.99reduced 55%!! i guess it is the cheapest price, sorry if i got the wrong meaning ....becoz i am not that good at internet and all these stuff ,i just wanna help...><

the only silly thing i could remember is:
elephant died while they are still standing.

06.19.2006, 01:37 PM ting is offline   Profile for ting Add ting to your buddy list Homepage of ting Add ting to your contact list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by ting
SpiritedSen: what you mean by new Studio Ghibli Collection Grave Of The Fireflies DVD ?
i know wehre you can find Grave Of The Fireflies DVD,this website
http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=sprom...mp;title=175423
cost 8.99reduced 55%!! i guess it is the cheapest price, sorry if i got the wrong meaning ....becoz i am not that good at internet and all these stuff ,i just wanna help...><

In the UK, all 13 Ghibli dvd's have been re-released as The Studio Ghibli Collection by Optimum Asia, and all have new, corresponding artwork. That's the one I'm looking for, they all have a silver banner at the top and a number on their spine, this is what the Spirited Away one looks like;

But thanks anyway dude, v.sweet of you! Don't suppose anyone has seen the new version of GOTF about anywhere?

quote:
Originally posted by Phyrra

That's a little bit worrying, since you're a boy! But Lisa is intelligent and witty, so I suppose it could be worse! Surely she's not your favourite cartoon character though? No offence, but she is a bit lame (I'm sure you're not though)!!

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 06.19.2006, 01:57 PM.

06.19.2006, 01:48 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by SpiritedSen
quote:

That's a little bit worrying, since you're a boy! But Lisa is intelligent and witty, so I suppose it could be worse! Surely she's not your favourite cartoon character though? No offence, but she is a bit lame (I'm sure you're not though)!!

They said that because of me being vegetarian, and because I don't think that war is ever the answer to anything... kinda like Lisa. Also 'cos I'm soooooo intellegent

I am a boy by the way... please... you must believe me...

NO! Lisa is not my fav non-animé cartoon character. Squidward from SpongeBob wins first place, but concerning American Super heros...(this is going to sound really, really lame) Spiderman...

Argh... I shouldn't have said that! I bet you're all laughing and imagining me being some 8 year old playing 'spider man' with my mates every lunch time... I don't... honestly, I don't... *wipes sweat from forehead*
It's just the science and action crossed together...

Squidward is my favourite character... by far... Spiderman is just my favourite american 'super hero'. I'm not an avid fan...

...really I'm not...

Just a question, when you get tatooed, is the ink injected into the skin? How does that work? Is there some drill that injects ink? Just curious...

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

06.19.2006, 04:25 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

quote:
Just a question, when you get tatooed, is the ink injected into the skin? How does that work? Is there some drill that injects ink? Just curious...

It's a vibrating needle that goes in and out of your skin really quickly, so it sort of injects the ink into and underneath your skin. I had 7 tattoos done all together, but I've had 3 cover-up jobs, so I really only have 4 showing. Tattoo's are really addictive, I got my first one when I was just 16! I want to get a huge yakuza style back piece done when I finally get to Japan (fingers x'd...one day!)

06.19.2006, 04:31 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
dballred
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My favorite non-anime animated character has got to be something from Warner Brothers Looney Toons. There are so many really good characters, it's hard to decide. Wile E. Coyote and the Martian pop up first.

My favorite manga character is Hizakata-kun from an old Shonen Champion series, Makaroni Hourensou (マカロニほうれん荘).

06.19.2006, 06:20 PM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Found the cutest South Park-esque pics/avatars, there's so many, but here's a few to start you off!

Kakihara from Ichi The Killer
Tetsuo from Akira
Sadako from Ring
Darth Vadar
Cute huh?

06.19.2006, 07:02 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lol, fake moonlanding. Now there's an urban legend I haven't heard about for years.

Yeah I know about the over-unity thingy being a possible fake, and how it such a thing did exist, it would've been big news.

Then again, Fermat's Last Theorem wasn't such big news outside the math world when it was proven either.

Still, it's a nice idea for a hobby, and who knows, maybe I might strike gold. No harm trying, anyhow. If anything, perpetual motion DOES exist; in nature anyway.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.19.2006, 11:34 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
dballred
Ohmu

The Moon Landing WASN'T a hoax?

06.20.2006, 12:19 AM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
ting
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ting Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

spiritedsen: is the new collection one much better? I am sorry that i couldn't help any...><

Kakihara from Ichi The Killer
Tetsuo from Akira
Sadako from Ring
Darth Vadar
i can still remember i used to like them all, coz they are just so funny and cute.

Phyrra, i agree with you"I don't think that war is ever the answer to anything"... war can never hlep but getting worst...
i a sure i would not laugh at you coz for my favourite cartoon character is so stupid:
sailormoon, remeber that? it used to be my favorite cartoon, i got the comic of the sailormoon at my room which i had read for a lot of times already, but still like it... not as much as i was anymore becoz now, i am completely Miyazaki's film fans... so wanted to work at his studio hehe...

06.20.2006, 11:54 AM ting is offline   Profile for ting Add ting to your buddy list Homepage of ting Add ting to your contact list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

quote:
spiritedsen: is the new collection one much better? I am sorry that i couldn't help any...><

That's OK dude, thanks anyway! They're pretty good! The subs are better, and most of them have some nice little special features. Also, cos the spines are all numbered and have a small pic at the bottom of the spine, they look great on your shelf!

I just wish all those characters had been in South Park...I LOVE South Park, the new series 10 is awesome! Cartman is my hero!!

Also, does anyone know where my new avatar comes from? Calcifer has the GITS one I had, so I thought I'd find a new one...and as soon as I saw this one, I fell in love with it!! It's so brilliantly disgusting...I think it's awesome!! *smiles happily at her sweet new avatar* Any ideas anyone? Also, can someone tell me what is written in blood, on the wall, in the pic next to my fantastic new Joker sig? I assume it says Akira, cos that's where it's from, but could someone confirm it? Cheers v.much!

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 06.20.2006, 04:56 PM.

06.20.2006, 12:46 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
ting
Kodama

spiritedsen, your new avatar is actually brillantly disguesting, but it makes me laugh.
about the words on the wall- i know the last 2 words mean kingdom and i guess the first 2 words suppose to be a place. i understand it just becoz it is in kanji, but i can't read what is the first word so i can't tell where the place is...

06.20.2006, 05:20 PM ting is offline   Profile for ting Add ting to your buddy list Homepage of ting Add ting to your contact list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

quote:
about the words on the wall- i know the last 2 words mean kingdom and i guess the first 2 words suppose to be a place. i understand it just becoz it is in kanji, but i can't read what is the first word so i can't tell where the place is...

Well, that's a start, isn't it? so, so far we have "******* kingdom", anyone got any idea about the first two?
We're nearly there peeps! Thanks for your help ting!

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 06.20.2006, 06:13 PM.

06.20.2006, 06:12 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
dballred
Ohmu

It's hard to make out clearly, but the parts that show could be 去吉帝國 or 去京帝國 or even 充京帝國. None of those make any sense to me other than the second two characters, meaning "Empire" or maybe "kingdom."

06.20.2006, 07:42 PM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks