QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Post your random thoughts here! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...    »  ]
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

cheers dballred, this is it close up, don't know if that'll help! Cheers for the assistance dude!

06.20.2006, 08:02 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

After rare consultation with the wife (Japanese), we can't come to an agreement what the first character is. We've agreed that the second character is likely 京 (Miyako or capital--the Kyo of Tokyo). She can't make any sense out of what is there, either, but we both think that there is more to the left of what is shown. One possibility (the wife does not agree) is 大赤京帝國. That might be read "Daisekkyou Teikoku." (The Great Red Capital Empire?) She also didn't like my suggestion for 充 as the first character of the four.

Post last edited by dballred on 06.21.2006, 01:57 AM.

06.21.2006, 01:50 AM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
ting
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ting Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i agree the second word (maybe the third-cpz there is an other word on the left) is 京too. i think 大赤京帝國 is probably the closest word you can get. Dballred, you are good at guessing

06.21.2006, 07:30 AM ting is offline   Profile for ting Add ting to your buddy list Homepage of ting Add ting to your contact list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Cheers v.much dballred and ting! Not sure what all that's got to do with Akira though, maybe it's not from Akira at all! Oh well, it's a cool pic anyway!!
Thanks again guys!!

06.21.2006, 08:21 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Japan are out of the World Cup! *weeps and wails at the loss*
Kawaguchi did SUCH a good job in the first half, and the goal by Tamada was amazing, and I crossed my
fingers that a miracle would happen and Japan would beat Brazil 2-nil...but they didn't!
On the plus side, the only team I was watching was Japan, so at least I don't have to suffer any more
football, which I'm not all that fond of!
Goodbye Japan, I salute you...see you in 4 years lads!

*weeps quietly and pines, in a girly fashion, at the loss of all the gorgeous, gorgeous men*

06.22.2006, 05:12 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
mpw3d
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.08.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mpw3d Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

so people heres a question to be answered lol

How many roads must a man walk down before you can call him a man?????

www.mpw3d.deviantart.com

06.22.2006, 05:57 PM mpw3d is offline   Profile for mpw3d Add mpw3d to your buddy list Send an Email to mpw3d
SpiritedSen
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by mpw3d
How many roads must a man walk down before you can call him a man?????

The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind!

06.22.2006, 06:17 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
mpw3d
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.08.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mpw3d Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

or so the songs goes lol
ok lets try:

how much wood, could a wooder, chop chop, if a wooder chop chop, chop wood (think thats right X3)?????

www.mpw3d.deviantart.com

06.22.2006, 06:35 PM mpw3d is offline   Profile for mpw3d Add mpw3d to your buddy list Send an Email to mpw3d
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Don't leave me Jet!!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is anyone else completely devastated that Fearless is going to be Jet Li's last EVER movie?

It's sooooo rubbish! I love Jet Li, I even like the Hollywood stuff that he did, and I can't help thinking
that the world will be a much sadder place without him in cinemas!
He is SUCH an amazing martial artist, a great actor and personally speaking, I also have a major crush on
him, he is so gorgeous!*blushes*

I heard that he was giving up cinema to become a Buddhist monk?! Anyone know if that's true?

06.22.2006, 08:20 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Considering the degradation of the movies he stars in, I'd say it's for the better.

Anyway, he was never really good at making expressions. Most of the time he just acts cool.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.25.2006, 11:45 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
ting
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ting Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i love him so much too!! i think Jet Li so much better than Jacky Chan, i don't know, i just don't like Jacky Chan. I think Jet Li was such a amazing guy. Had you watch Danny the Dog? what do you think?

06.26.2006, 05:22 PM ting is offline   Profile for ting Add ting to your buddy list Homepage of ting Add ting to your contact list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by ting
i love him so much too!! i think Jet Li so much better than Jacky Chan, i don't know, i just don't like Jacky Chan. I think Jet Li was such a amazing guy. Had you watch Danny the Dog? what do you think?

I prefer Jet over Jackie too! I think that Jet Li films have proper stories, but the recent Jackie Chan films are just comedy action movies, and I'm not a big fan of that type of movie!
Danny the Dog was his character in Unleashed, right? I really enjoyed it...the action scenes were the most violent of his career, and I thought he acted really well in it! I'm going to see Fearless on Saturday, I'll let you know how it is!

06.26.2006, 06:41 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Well...I saw Fearless today, and it's really good! Jet Li acted brilliantly in it, and the martial arts were amazing. It's a really touching strory and I'll now do a cut and paste job from Wikipedia...
"It is based on the life of Huo Yuanjia (霍元甲), a legendary martial artist who defeated foreign boxers and Japanese martial artists in highly publicised events, restoring pride and nationalism to China at a time when Western Imperialism was eroding the country."
The only thing that spoilt it was a couple who talked ALL THE WAY THROUGH the film!!
I recommend the film, and I'll miss you Jet!!

07.02.2006, 05:00 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by mpw3d
how much wood, could a wooder, chop chop, if a wooder chop chop, chop wood (think thats right X3)?????

isnt it
how much wool could a wood chopper chop if a wood chopper couldnt chop wood?

& btw, whos seen CUBE, CUBE 2: HYPERCUBE, SAW or SAW 2? 4 very scary movies, especially saw 2, very freaky. ORRRRRRRRRRRR, has anybody seen One Armed Boxer Vs The Flying Guillotine? its an old martial arts movie, but its so cool

cheers

Post last edited by I-B4-E THUG on 07.02.2006, 08:53 PM.

07.02.2006, 08:48 PM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There has yet to be a scary movie that can actually scare me. Most of the time it comes across as waaay too predictable.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.02.2006, 11:04 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think horror films have evolved from scary to grossing me out. The six-inch spike through the eye gets me every time.

07.03.2006, 12:38 AM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
SpiritedSen
Totoro

I didn't think the Cube or Saw films were scary....they were good, but not scary! Love the bit in Cube where that guy gets sliced into...well, cubes!! The twist at the end of Saw is awesome too!
The only films that scare me are usually to do with ghosts, which is kinda weird as I don't believe in them, or an afterlife!! Japanese horror films are pretty scary, American ones never are (although The Sixth Sense properly freaked me out! No idea why!)
The film that's really scared me is Ju-On:The Grudge (original Japanese version). That little kid...and the bit when she's in bed and that woman comes up from behind the headboard and looks down at her! I loved the film, but I've only seen it once, and I'm too scared to watch it again (!), yet I still have 2 DVD's of it, original and Special Edition!

07.03.2006, 06:52 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by SpiritedSen
Love the bit in Cube where that guy gets sliced into...well, cubes!!

about that part of the Mum figured it was lying when i sed i wasn't a scary movie lol.
most "horror" movies dont scare me, they ARE way to predictable. but the saw & cube movies got me, especially the sequals. for once, number 2 was actually better than number 1 lol.
problem with most horror films nowadays, is that all they are is blood, girlies with big **** & slimy stuff. they have no suspence, & should usaully be considered pathetic slapstic instead of horror

cheers

Post last edited by I-B4-E THUG on 07.03.2006, 07:00 AM.

07.03.2006, 06:58 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
aviator
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by SpiritedSen
Well...I saw Fearless today, and it's really good! Jet Li acted brilliantly in it, and the martial arts were amazing. It's a really touching strory and I'll now do a cut and paste job from Wikipedia...
"It is based on the life of Huo Yuanjia (霍元甲), a legendary martial artist who defeated foreign boxers and Japanese martial artists in highly publicised events, restoring pride and nationalism to China at a time when Western Imperialism was eroding the country."
The only thing that spoilt it was a couple who talked ALL THE WAY THROUGH the film!!
I recommend the film, and I'll miss you Jet!!

I didn't know about the movie Fearless, sounds really interesting, I hope it comes out in California. I thought his last movie (in California at least!) 'Unleashed' had a really nice story although a few of the scenes were a bit unrealistic, but the movie "Hero" was one of the best and most memorable movies I've seen in my life.

I'm also going to miss him in the movies, especially if he would make more movies like Hero and, I'm sure SpiritedSen's right about, Fearless

Post last edited by aviator on 07.09.2006, 03:44 PM.

07.09.2006, 03:39 PM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Aviator, I managed to find two release dates for Fearless; August 4th in North America (but obv that's not you!) and September 22nd, that's probs the one you want!!
I'm sure you'll love it, and you're right about Hero, it is a wonderful film!!
Don't leave me Jet!!

07.09.2006, 05:24 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks