QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...    »  ]
aviator
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.29.06
thanks spiritedsen!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'll totally be looking out for it
your pick alone makes the movie look interesting

07.09.2006, 07:04 PM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
'Equilibrium' rocks!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've just watched the film 'Equilibrium' for the first time, and it's SO good!!
It's set in the future where all forms of emotion are illegal, but Christian Bale (I don't know if it's cos he's Batman or what, but that guy is so hot!!) starts to wonder if it's as perfect as it seems (see, no spoilers here!!)
It's quite old now, 2002, and it is, without doubt, an imperfect movie, but when you're watching it, that just doesn't matter! It's cool, the action sequences are good, it looks great, dark and futuristically depressing, Bale is awesome (and hot!) and the end is really satisfying!
Worryingly though, it seems to have given me a little bit of a thing for Christian Bale!! I mean, he was awesome in American Psycho (you should all read the book, it's SO sick!!), and then as Batman, well...I'm sure you all know how I feel about Batman *swoons*, but Equilibrium has just made it worse!! I guess I'm a sucker for a cute guy with problems!!

Everyone who hasn't seen it, should! I thought it'd suck and that I'd hate it, but I didn't! My rantings about Bale have made me sound like a complete girl, but aside from that, it really is a good film, as long as you're willing to suspend belief and not take it too seriously! It's one of those films that you watch...and then for some reason, you really want to watch it again! (I love it when that happens!) You will wonder why people with no emotions smile and frown and have drives, but forget about all that, and just enjoy the movie!!

NOTE ADDED:
BTW, if anyone here has cable and can watch Jetix, they are going to be showing Pucca every day from 22nd July at 8.30am, 9.10am, 10.20am, 3.30pm, 4.10pm, and 4.50pm!
Also, they are going to be showing Naruto! Starting 8pm from July 22nd!

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 07.13.2006, 09:38 AM.

07.09.2006, 08:38 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
LittleWing
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by LittleWing Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Equilibrium" is good movie. I made a school work about it. I love those fight scenes!

"When you're old, all you want to do is stare at the scenery.
It's so strange. I've never felt so peaceful before."

07.13.2006, 09:42 AM LittleWing is offline   Profile for LittleWing Add LittleWing to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Found the most awesome website, and thought I'd share it with all of you!

It's a South Park fan site, and on this page, you can design a South Park kid to look just like you!! It's got loads of different colour, hair and clothes options, so I'm sure everyone will be able to make one that looks just like them! I did!! But, the only way to save the pic is to do a screen shot (for those that don't know how, just click on the Print Screen button on your keyboard when your pic is finished, then open a new Microsoft Photo Editor file, and click on Edit, then Paste As New Image, and voila!!)

Enjoy!!

http://www.sp-studio.de/

If they go well, post it on here, and I'll post mine!

07.13.2006, 04:32 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
LittleWing
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by LittleWing Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I´ve been making south park cartoons on that site for like 3 years now. I´ve made like everyone i know, friends.. family... school pals... lol

It´s a really cool site and that v.2 is a lot better than the first one i used to use before.

07.13.2006, 04:42 PM LittleWing is offline   Profile for LittleWing Add LittleWing to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by LittleWing
I´ve been making south park cartoons on that site for like 3 years now.

Ooops, guess I'm a bit behind the times! But I only found it last night!
Anyway, here's me! It really looks like me too!!

07.13.2006, 09:29 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
LittleWing
Ohmu

Here i am. LittleWing @ South Park! lol

Post last edited by LittleWing on 07.13.2006, 11:24 PM.

07.13.2006, 11:21 PM LittleWing is offline   Profile for LittleWing Add LittleWing to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

LOL!!
That's wicked wing! You don't see many angels with stubble drinking beer nowadays, do you??!!
LOL!!

07.14.2006, 06:22 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
LittleWing
Ohmu

LOL yeah... and Ghibli fans!

07.14.2006, 06:25 PM LittleWing is offline   Profile for LittleWing Add LittleWing to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

True!! Did you just do a cut and paste on Paint job to get the text on the t-shirt? Looks good!

07.14.2006, 06:28 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
LittleWing
Ohmu

I made it on an image editor (Paint, yeah). You can do it on the site, but the tool to do it really sucks!

Post last edited by LittleWing on 07.14.2006, 11:08 PM.

07.14.2006, 06:32 PM LittleWing is offline   Profile for LittleWing Add LittleWing to your buddy list
Kanta
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.26.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kanta Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Does anyone know in what language Materazzi swore Zidane?? Italian or French or English or Mandarin??
Or Italian is as almost same as French?? I have no idea about those language at all.
If a Korean or Chinese swear at me, I would never understand it and never beat him with head.

07.15.2006, 10:17 PM Kanta is offline   Profile for Kanta Add Kanta to your buddy list
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i have seen saw 2 wierd as hell...

07.16.2006, 05:58 AM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
kittycatjess
Totoro

Registration Date: 06.27.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kittycatjess Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

The driest place on earth is the Dry Valleys Region in Antarctica!! They are free from ice and snow, and it has not rained there for 2 million years!! Antarctica is therefore the windiest, coldest, driest and wettest place in the world!!

my grandad lived in Antarctica for 15 years, he stayed in south gordga which was n i think it still is i dunno, the largest whale export blubba typ place in the world pritty cool tyte bt cool

07.16.2006, 08:10 AM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
LittleWing
Ohmu

Black Math

Don't you think that I'm bound to react now?
My fingers definitely turning to black now
Maybe I'll put my love on ice
And teach myself, maybe that'll be nice

My books are sitting at the top of the stack now
The longer words are really breaking my back now
Maybe I'll learn to understand
Drawing a square with a pencil in hand

Mathematically turning the page
Unequivocally showing my age
I'm practically center stage
Undeniably earning your wage

Listen master can I ask you a question
Is it the fingers, or the brain
that you're teaching the lesson?

by The White Stripes

oh and by the way....

<------- 200 posts now!

Post last edited by LittleWing on 07.18.2006, 10:48 PM.

07.18.2006, 10:38 PM LittleWing is offline   Profile for LittleWing Add LittleWing to your buddy list
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Heres me in south park im not finished yet i still have to photoshop it-

Post last edited by Toolfan1912 on 07.19.2006, 06:27 AM.

07.19.2006, 06:27 AM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.19.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by IluvHowl06 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kanta
Does anyone know in what language Materazzi swore Zidane?? Italian or French or English or Mandarin??
Or Italian is as almost same as French?? I have no idea about those language at all.
If a Korean or Chinese swear at me, I would never understand it and never beat him with head.

I'm not sure Kanta, but it must have been a language they both understood.

07.19.2006, 06:23 PM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

Registration Date: 02.22.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think it was in Italian.

First signature made by kittycatjess. Thank you so much!
Second signature also made by kittycatjess...it's our joint sig!
Third signature made by mpw3d . Thank you!

07.19.2006, 10:49 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Kanta
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.26.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kanta Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
posted by sunchaser
I think it was in Italian.

Thank you, IluvHowl06 and Sunchaser.
I'm afraid there are no French or Italian in this tavern.
Maybe Latin languages are similar.
I once heard that Spanish and Portuguese are very similar and these speakers easily understand each other.
Is that true?? Does anyone know?? Maybe aviator or littlewing knows

07.20.2006, 12:43 AM Kanta is offline   Profile for Kanta Add Kanta to your buddy list
HannahSan
Tanuki

Registration Date: 07.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by HannahSan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, LittleWing knows becuase he's from Portugal

Sig made my Snakebite

07.21.2006, 12:14 PM HannahSan is offline   Profile for HannahSan Add HannahSan to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks