QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Laputa and Yu-Gi-Oh?(spoilers)
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Laputa and Yu-Gi-Oh?(spoilers) » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Laputa and Yu-Gi-Oh?(spoilers)Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

<<posible spoilers>>

I saw laputa for the first time last night ~ and it was fantastic. But at the end, when everyone leaves Laputa in it's destroyed state, I was suddenly reminded of a Yu-Gi-Oh card from my card playing days... here's a link to a picture of it. I didn't use imageshack becasue I'm fealing odd about copyrights and imageshack does ask for no copyrighted material to be uploaded...

http://www.yugioh-cards.net/Merchant2/gr...2/DB2-EN166.jpg

Does that card look like Laputa when it has been destroyed, and only the tree is left, or am I going slightly mad?

EDIT: if for some reason you can't click that link, just copy and paste it into the address bar. Don't worry ~ I'm not trying to redirect you to a silly site

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

Post last edited by Phyrra on 06.11.2006, 09:38 AM.

06.11.2006, 02:49 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It really does look like it! Sweet!

06.11.2006, 07:47 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah, Fiber Jar. Quite a famous card, but unless I'm mistaken, it's now semi-restricted (or restricted, dunno, I don't play YGH).

I guess, it does bear an eery resemblance. Then again, when you look closely, you'll realize it's more like someone tried growing a bonsai tree in a jar (you can actually see the jar, you know).

Been on this forum for the past hour, and now you just reminded me that I failed to win my Pokemon Nationals this year again. Thanks.

It finished a few hours ago, btw. I got 3rd, but it won't get me that plane ticket to America, and subsequently Worlds tournament.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.11.2006, 12:08 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I sympathise with you, Roarkiller. The nationals, eh? Does that mean you qualified from a regional tournie? That's how Yu-Gi-Oh worked... I think... meh, it's been a while since I played. I had an argument with the card players at my school ~ and now they don't talk to me. It's hard to play cards with someone who won't talk with you...

I know that it isn't really Laputa, but perhaps the idea was born out of Laputa? Konami and Upper Deck might have seen some Studio Ghibli and made a card based on their favourite ~ Laputa.

"It's more like someone tried growing a bonsai tree in a jar" ~ I laughed at that, !

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

06.11.2006, 12:17 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
arren
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.11.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

(Hi I'm new!)
So many things are based of ghibli films! If it looks like it's roots lie in miyazaki's work they probably do.

one day I tried to explain Spirited Away to Tess (who doesn't watch anime)...

Tess: but see that's just weird! I mean what would you think if your boyfriend suddenly turned into a dragon?

Me: (short pause) THAT WOULD BE SO COOL!!

06.11.2006, 06:06 PM arren is offline   Profile for arren Add arren to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Phyrra: Nope. Unfortunately, I have to wait for two more people to reject the ticket before it can actually come my way. The winner couldn't go because of exams, I doubt the winner for the 11-14 category can go (heard he has a scuffle with his parents), and the 15+ 2nd place winner... well I'm hoping he rejects it as well, or maybe his parents would, since he's not 18 yet.

Sux that there's only one ticket.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.11.2006, 11:34 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks