QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Born in TOTORO
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Born in TOTORO » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  ]
Kanta
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.26.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kanta Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

To ting
About Japanese kanji and kana , you should google other sites. In Chinese site, there might be good ones for you.

About the children and Totoro creature,
I don't think the inhabitant of that village in the film had been aware of totoro or cat-bus.
And they will never know about them.
Even the kids there can't see cat-bus running but animals. Only Susuwatari had been known and seen by children.
Totoro is a important secret for only Satsuki and Mei. I believe so.

But you may say that Totoro song lyric says " They would visit us only in our childhood...."
Beware of this point. The period setting of this film is supposed for 50 or more years ago.
You can't see such beautiful scenery anywhere in Japan nowadays.
Perhaps totoros are completely exterminated all over Japan.
Never expect to meet them in Japan if you are under 15.
Except at Ghibli museum. You can only see stuffed specimen there.....
[IMG]http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8571/catbus1sc.jpg" border=0>[/IMG]

Post last edited by Kanta on 06.21.2006, 06:04 AM.

06.20.2006, 09:34 PM Kanta is offline   Profile for Kanta Add Kanta to your buddy list
ting
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ting Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

big thanks toKanta and dballred so happy now...

Thx dballred for your explaination and understanding, after your explaination i know what is kana and kanji. The chinese word of "forget"is 忘了 but i don't know is your pronunciation right or not as i speak in cantanises. learn a new word for "forget" in japanese...^^thx thx...

if i am going to japan i definately going to the museum. Kanta thx for your suggestion, i will try to find some site about it over summer.
i wish i am a bit older and so i would be able to visite japan earlier and see all the beautiful scenery... well,nevermind, i can see al lthe beautiful scenery from the movie totoro...can't i?

06.21.2006, 07:20 AM ting is offline   Profile for ting Add ting to your buddy list Homepage of ting Add ting to your contact list
[  «    1  2  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks