QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Has something great just happened 2 u? Tell us!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Has something great just happened 2 u? Tell us! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
Has something great just happened 2 u? Tell us!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thought it'd be nice to have a thread where everyone can write all the great and exciting things that happen to them!
When something great happens that makes you happy, you can write it here and spread the love!

Today, I won an original signed autograph of the late, great Vincent Price for only £6.50!! I'm so excited...I'm such a huge fan of Hammer Horror, and I've met Christopher Lee and got his autograph, so my collection is now growing!!

I'm so sad I never got to meet him, but this is the next best thing!!

So...what's made you happy lately?

06.28.2006, 08:27 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

Registration Date: 02.22.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hee Hee! That's awesome!

Nothing extremely great has happened to me yet..I'm still waiting . But I am excited for this coming August!

My friends and I are doing this fundraiser for the "invisible children" of Uganda. They are basically orphaned, lost children caught in between the war between the rebels and the government. They are starving, and every night travel long distances just to get to a special to sleep in safety, as they live in the constant fear of being abducted by the rebels and being literally "brainwashed" and forced to fight for them. Adults, children, teens are all squished into one small sleeping space, with barely any room to move around...if you were there, all you would see are bodies..."a sea of bodies.." It is devastating what they go through everyday.... (I watched the movie in my Social Studies class) Here's a link to the website...you should definitely check it out, and read the stuff. They also have videos, pictures and other things....

http://www.invisiblechildren.com

I'm very excited for this. We're doing a HUGE bake sale to help these children. We're going to try and raise as much money as we can, and we're going to film the sale. It'll be fun...I can't wait!

So yeah, that's probably the most exciting thing happening to me this summer...LOL...

Any suggestions for me...or comments?

So I guess that's a great thing happening in the near future. And probably not as great for me as for the children....

First signature made by kittycatjess. Thank you so much!
Second signature also made by kittycatjess...it's our joint sig!
Third signature made by mpw3d . Thank you!

06.28.2006, 09:51 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am hoping for a miracle to happen so the ticket to Pokemmon Worlds tournament in US would somehow come to me.

Sucks being 3rd. At least the trophy's nice.

In other news, my Skygrasper/Aile Striker gundam model is almost finished. Just need to buy another can of gloss.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.28.2006, 11:17 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Sunchaser
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's pretty cool, about your model, Roarkiller! And good luck with that miracle...keep wishing!

Post last edited by Sunchaser on 06.29.2006, 11:38 PM.

06.28.2006, 11:20 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

wel, im at Mum's house now, got here yesterday night, very happy, seeing all my old firneds, putting up with mum, gonna have a HUGE party, very happy

& i just realised my artistic talent, as i realised why no matter what I start to draw always turns into eirther a tree, robot or queen, they all have something to represent about my subconcious

& I'm really happy cuz i get to see my lil Lucky Puppy, my dog that i cant take with me back to dads cuz it's also mum & brothers dog

cheers

06.29.2006, 12:01 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

puppy! kawaii!

06.29.2006, 11:39 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
aviator
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.29.06
  hmmm...Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well let's see, this happened a few weeks ago so I don't know if it counts, I gave a flight lesson to an old student and good friend of mine who I hadn't seen for almost a year, we flew to the airport where our old flight school used to be (until they lost their lease!) which brought back interesting memories (of near mid air collisions, just kidding, sort of !!!), we kind of forgot how buzy that big airport can be! (its Santa Ana's John Wayne airport in the LA basin)

06.30.2006, 12:11 AM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was able to reschedule my next trip to Japan so that I will be there when Gedo Senki opens. The last piece fell in place today when I got the car rental reservations confirmed. The previous reservations came back with a minor computer error: the rental car was to cost 13.9 Million yen a day (about $135,000). I could rent a 747 cheaper--with unlimited miles and free gas. My travel office didn't like to see a trip that cost over 2 million dollars. Copies of my original itinerary are circulating around the office.

06.30.2006, 12:40 AM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
aviator
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dballred
I was able to reschedule my next trip to Japan so that I will be there when Gedo Senki opens.

you lucky dog!!!

Post last edited by aviator on 06.30.2006, 01:13 AM.

06.30.2006, 01:13 AM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

It finally arrived!!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HOORAY...my Vincent Price autograph arrived today!!! (see first post if confused!! ) I can't believe I actually own something that my hero held in his hands...I'm so happy!!!

07.08.2006, 02:59 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

^^^^^^^^congrats

but im back from mums, at dads again, & i got 5 stitches last night & (half) overcame my fear of needles (i got pricked 4 times) so i'm pretty happy lol (about actually getting a needle)

cheers

07.08.2006, 11:52 PM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
kittycatjess
Totoro

Registration Date: 06.27.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kittycatjess Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i went horse ridin at mi aunties stabels yesterday and made a deal thet for every 30min of ridin i cleaned out one stable (i so got riped off) bt 20 min in da horse buked me of n stood on mi so i diddnt have to clean the stabels f**in sweet man ,
incase u r all wonderin y its luky we a hors stood on mi i dident hurt so dats a nover lucky think yer

07.16.2006, 08:45 AM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.19.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by IluvHowl06 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i tried cotton candy for the first time!!! dude it was awesome...i had two bags! my Boyfriend probably thought i was crazy, but i luved it!!! pure sugar...yum...it disapears too

07.19.2006, 12:12 AM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
Kanta
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.26.06
  I got Anne!!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kanta Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I got " Ann of Green Gables" (VHS-6tapes) on the internet auction, only 1000 yen!!!( about 8$ or 7euro)
Of course, it isn't bootleg. Rental shops are replacing VHS-tapes to DVD and VHS-tapes are sold very cheaply.
Takahata derected, Miyazaki layouted, Kondou charactor-designed.
[IMG]http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/7522/annehl8.gif" border=0>[/IMG]

07.19.2006, 01:45 AM Kanta is offline   Profile for Kanta Add Kanta to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by IluvHowl06
i tried cotton candy for the first time!!! dude it was awesome...i had two bags! my Boyfriend probably thought i was crazy, but i luved it!!! pure sugar...yum...it disapears too

Welcome to the wonderful world of Candy Floss (that's what we call it in the UK!). As I mentioned in the Word Association thread, candy floss is my all time favourite food in the whole world, ever!! I think the most I've eaten in one day is 17 bags during a day at the beach!! I love eating it off the stick too, but maybe that's just a British thing?!
If it had the nutrition to keep you alive, I'd eat it all day every day, but in reality, I'm not sure a diet of sugar and pink food colouring is very healthy!!
Long Live Candy Floss!!

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 07.19.2006, 08:56 AM.

07.19.2006, 08:49 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.19.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by IluvHowl06 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by SpiritedSen
quote:

Welcome to the wonderful world of Candy Floss (that's what we call it in the UK!). As I mentioned in the Word Association thread, candy floss is my all time favourite food in the whole world, ever!! I think the most I've eaten in one day is 17 bags during a day at the beach!! I love eating it off the stick too, but maybe that's just a British thing?!
If it had the nutrition to keep you alive, I'd eat it all day every day, but in reality, I'm not sure a diet of sugar and pink food colouring is very healthy!!
Long Live Candy Floss!!

ha! wow...but it's great to have at least SOME (grins) every once in a while...

07.19.2006, 06:06 PM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Feel_the_Light Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i have become extremely happy and have changed my whole way of life.
xoxo

07.19.2006, 06:14 PM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My CDJapan order finally got processed. And I realized that I had pre-ordered the EarthSea Soundtrack as well (hadn't realized that).

But the best part was that it was a first print! Woo hoo!!!

Now can't wait for them to arrive. Apparently still waiting for two items to be available. Strangely, one of them was the MH DVD.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.21.2006, 10:20 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
aviator
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, back from a long week (hi everybody)! Got a new job as an Autocad drafter (engineering graphics)!!! Actually it's not so great because seems like employers nowadays are more interested in my engineering degree than my flying skills ( ) , but oh well, we'll see which one prevails in the future (I'll still be flight instructing on weekends, ha ha ha)

by the way...

quote:
Originally posted by Howell
i have become extremely happy and have changed my whole way of life.
xoxo

we're glad to hear it!

Post last edited by aviator on 07.22.2006, 02:59 AM.

07.22.2006, 01:12 AM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
LittleWing
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by LittleWing Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by SpiritedSen
quote:

Long Live Candy Floss!!

We eat it off the stick here in Portugal too, SpiritedSed!

Not just a British thing...

"When you're old, all you want to do is stare at the scenery.
It's so strange. I've never felt so peaceful before."

Post last edited by LittleWing on 07.22.2006, 10:13 AM.

07.22.2006, 10:12 AM LittleWing is offline   Profile for LittleWing Add LittleWing to your buddy list
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks