QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - WORLD CUP
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » WORLD CUP » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Totoro

Registration Date: 02.22.06
  WORLD CUPPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So, the World Cup is over....and Italy won. Whaddja think of it?

First signature made by kittycatjess. Thank you so much!
Second signature also made by kittycatjess...it's our joint sig!
Third signature made by mpw3d . Thank you!

07.09.2006, 06:55 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
aviator
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, due to the pittiful performance of my homecountry's team Brasil, I stopped watching the cup after they lost. I wish their performance (and the pride of playing the cup) would be a bit more consistent with time, but I guess fame and forture sort of get to some people's head.
Actually I'm not as disappointed as my other countrymates might have been because I was never really a soccer fanatic (not your typical Brazilian stereotype!), so hurreeeehh and congrats for all you italians (actually my grandparents are descendents of italians!)

07.09.2006, 07:14 PM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I only watched the matches that Japan played, but not because I like football!!
I'm so happy it's all over!! I can't bear football, or more accurately, I can't bear the way that it effects people in the UK! Every other car has stupid little flags on it, and men with beer bellies roam the streets, pissed and half naked, their paunches on show for all to see, while they shout ridiculous slogans and frankly make everyone, who isn't a drunk moron, annoyed!!
I'm sure it's very different in other countries, but over here, the World Cup is a flippin' nightmare!
I am part Italian however, so I'm pleased they won, even though I didn't know they had until I read this thread!!

07.09.2006, 08:10 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Over here in Washington, a lot of people watched it, but it wasn't a HUGE HUGE deal. I didn't even see most of it. I just watched a little at my friend's house, and watched the final match. My friend is a obsessive soccer person, so yeah, she told me a lot...I like soccer, I'm just not obsessed.

But yeah, the match was pretty cool. Kind of sad for France though...I mean, at the overtime, the French captain just had to headbutt that other guy on the Italian team, and so he was redcarded and disqualified. He was a key part of the team, and the other 2 really good players were suffering from like injuries and stuff...so when overtime ended and the winner was decided by penalty kicks, all the best players were gone.
And then the Italians won, and when the French went to get their silver medals, the captain wasn't there because he was disqualified. Not to mention that he's retiring, so to end his career on that note is pretty sad....

Okay, sorry for my babbling. I'm not Italian or French, but I wanted the French to win...oh well. ~.~

07.09.2006, 09:19 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I vaguely remember hearing something about Italy winning for the fourth time or something when I was woken up in the middle of the night.

I don't even watch soccer, let alone play it, so I'm not in the least bit interested. But congrats to Italy anyway for winning. Kinda figured it would turn out that way anyway, meh.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.09.2006, 10:14 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.19.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by IluvHowl06 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

did you know that the Zidane guy, the french guy who missed the ball? he totally went mad at the end
http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=ap...p&type=lgns

07.09.2006, 11:47 PM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was hoping france would win but in the end italy did so ahwell.

07.10.2006, 09:28 AM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
Sunchaser
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah, he headbutted that other guy and he was disqualified...not to mention that he's retiring, that game was his last, so it's a pretty crappy way of ending his career

07.10.2006, 09:29 AM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

07.10.2006, 01:22 PM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
Sunchaser
Totoro

yup, that's what happened, just as UO posted...kind of sad that they used it in a commercial huh?.....oh well ._.

07.10.2006, 05:16 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
aviator
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.29.06
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh my God! why did he do that?! Where did he think he was, a wresting match? were they about to get in a fight or something?

Post last edited by aviator on 07.13.2006, 01:18 AM.

07.13.2006, 01:17 AM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.19.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by IluvHowl06 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

no, i t think the italian guy called him a "dirty terrorist," do to the article. So he got mad, but then he apoligized, but did not regret anything.

07.13.2006, 11:57 AM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
Cloud
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cloud Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Italiens did a great job!
I was happy, that they won, also against Germany- I was hit by my friends -they called me a traitor, but I liked the italien boys and the Portuguese (mmhhh....C.Ronaldo^^)

At the end it was a great WorldCup and I was surprised how much people can celebrate sth like that peaceful together (At the beginning I was afraid, cause my home is near to the stadium in Berlin^^)

I luv the susuwatari^^

07.20.2006, 05:17 AM Cloud is offline   Profile for Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

I heard that apparently Zidane is now suspended for 3 months...but fat lot of good that does...he's already retiring.

I think Materrazi (sp?) swore at him, so yeah...Zidane got mad...

07.20.2006, 09:04 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks