QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Help!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Help! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.15.06
  Help!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Feel_the_Light Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi, i'm sorry to do this, but i need a friend ATM and there's really no-one at home who i trust. So here are my problems.
At school i having alot of trouble, because of what i believe, watch, listen to, do all those sorts of things and it's really getting me down. The worst part is that it's my supposed "frienbds" who are doing it. This is really getting my down, the fact that they just can't say it to my face, so they talk behind my back.
The second thing is at home, my family are fighting alot because my step-dad thinks my mum's having an affair when she's not and it's effecting all of us. I can't really talk to anyone in my family, becasue they don't understand what i believe and feel, so i generally sit up in my room and either read or stare into space.
I'm sorry again for burdening you with my problems, but i trust you all and hope you can help, or give some advice.
love you all.
xo

Post last edited by Feel_the_Light on 07.18.2006, 03:20 AM.

07.18.2006, 03:19 AM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
Cloud
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cloud Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well- thats sounds not good.
Do never feel sorry for talking about problems!

Your friends talk behind you back? They seem to be no friends!!!

Well I think you really need a person, who understand you.
I do not know any better advice- but if you want to talk I`ll be there!

I luv the susuwatari^^

Post last edited by Cloud on 07.18.2006, 06:09 AM.

07.18.2006, 05:44 AM Cloud is offline   Profile for Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There are websites and organisations out there who can help with a whole manner of problems. One good thing about websites is that no-one knows that you are there, and you don't need to be shy or embarassed by talking to other people. But by talking to a real person, the help is personal, and much more useful. Tell someone you can really truest everything.

I know that everyone says this, but there are other people out there whom you can talk to. It is important to seek out and ask as many people as possible. Perhaps confront one of these 'friends' and ask them why they are doing these things. If the problems arise over your interests, then you can be assured that there are others who enjoy the same things as you! However obscure your beliefs, they make you who you are. It is a firghtening experience, but it cannot last forever, and there are ways of helping...

I hope this makes at least a small difference.

EDIT: I just looked at your profile, and we share all the same interests! I absolutely love reading and writing; and before my voice broke, I did loads of singing in choirs, cathedrals, concerts and plays

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

Post last edited by Phyrra on 07.18.2006, 06:08 AM.

07.18.2006, 06:03 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Feel_the_Light Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks alot guys, i really needed to tell someone, it just gets too overwhelming sometimes. i really appreciate your help.
xo.

07.18.2006, 07:34 AM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't know where you live, but in the UK, we have The Samaritans, which is a free phoneline where you can talk to people confidentially about anything that might be upsetting you. Maybe there's something like that where you are? Try looking in the front of your phonebook, where all the emergency and important numbers are. probs be under Emergency Helplines. I used it once, and sometimes you just need to talk to someone who isn't involved and can be sympathetic.

As for your friends, have you told them how much they're upsetting you? If they don't know, then they don't know that they have to stop!

Hope you're feeling ok

07.18.2006, 07:57 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Feel_the_Light Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i haven't actually told them, for fear of either punching them or making a fool out of myself.
I live in ireland and have the samaritans, so i might give it a try.
thanks xoxo.

07.18.2006, 08:00 AM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Totally give the samaritans a try, you'll feel so much better, and they can give you advice and everything!
As for your mates, what sort of problems are you having with them? You say they take the piss out of you for what you believe and watch and stuff...are they really unlike you then, do you not all have the same interests?
Maybe they're just a bunch of bitches!! Have you been mates with them long?

07.18.2006, 08:05 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

we share none of the same interests, as i'm more boyish than girlish and they really are a bunch of bitches. I always find it easier to make friends with boys than girls, it's kinda weird.

07.18.2006, 08:08 AM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Are you still at school? How old are you (if you don't mind me asking?)? (If you'd rather PM your age, that's cool!)

07.18.2006, 08:10 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

Yes i'm still at school and i'm 15, turning 16 on 30th august, yeah.

07.18.2006, 08:15 AM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ok, this may sound a little odd, but I am being serious...

Whenever I feel bad, I meditate... try lying down, and imagining that you are on a beach, with the waves lapping at your feet... each wave washes further up on your body, and when it retreats it removes all the stress built up in that part of your body. First, the wave washes over you ankles, then retreats, then feet and retreats, then over your lower leg and retreats; and on like that each wave draining the tension... when I've completely washed over your entire body, I feel heaps better and more relaxed and focused.

I love meditation...

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

Post last edited by Phyrra on 07.18.2006, 08:26 AM.

07.18.2006, 08:25 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

I'll try that, but i find yoga does wonders for not only relaxing, but building up stamina and muscle stregnth.

07.18.2006, 08:26 AM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

It's difficult to be friends with boys at your age, cos most of them are morons. and if you talk to them, everyone assumes it's cos you fancy them!! (I'm not being condescending, it's just that I'm 25!!)
If you've been mates with your friends a long time, then you really should talk to them...they may be upset to know how much they're hurting you.
If you haven't know them long, tell them to piss off...better to be the mysterious loner at school than the bully victim. It'd be a bit lame to say talk to a teacher...that sounds like such an american after school special (!), but it may help!

07.18.2006, 08:26 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

Thanks alot guys i didn't actually expect that many replies.
i love you all.
hugs, xoxo.

07.18.2006, 08:28 AM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Howell
I'll try that, but i find yoga does wonders for not only relaxing, but building up stamina and muscle stregnth.

I think yoga is great too . I've been to a Buddhist temple and the monks there spend the whole day mediatating, practicing yoga and just walking around in quite contemplation, answering questions and doing tours...

It's a well of calm ~ maybe there's somewhere like it near you, where you can go to escape everything...

I go to an all-boys school, so there's no problems by having school friends of the opposite sex... because it's impossible...there are no girls there...

Post last edited by Phyrra on 07.18.2006, 08:35 AM.

07.18.2006, 08:34 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

the only place that's anyway calm is my room.

07.18.2006, 08:37 AM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

I just saw your post on the Word Association thread...what's your wonderful news?

07.18.2006, 10:37 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

It's really made my day, i've just found out that my idol and favourite singer in the world darren Hayes has married to a guy named Richard. i'm totally over the moon.
Although alot of people are disappointed because he's gay, but i strongly believe you fall in love with the person not the gender.
Hugs to all.

07.18.2006, 10:41 AM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
LittleWing
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by LittleWing Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Howell
i strongly believe you fall in love with the person not the gender.

True. Nice point of view. I agree with you, Howell.

"When you're old, all you want to do is stare at the scenery.
It's so strange. I've never felt so peaceful before."

07.18.2006, 10:42 AM LittleWing is offline   Profile for LittleWing Add LittleWing to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

I have to say that I have no idea who Darren Hayes is!! Is he the one out of Savage Garden? I always like it more when famous guys that I like turn out to be gay...rather that than have them be with another woman...who isn't you!!
Congrats to Darren and Richard, I hope they're very happy together!!

07.18.2006, 10:44 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks