QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Help!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Help! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  ]
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Feel_the_Light Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by SpiritedSen
I have to say that I have no idea who Darren Hayes is!! Is he the one out of Savage Garden? I always like it more when famous guys that I like turn out to be gay...rather that than have them be with another woman...who isn't you!!
Congrats to Darren and Richard, I hope they're very happy together!!

Yes he os the one from Savage Garden.

07.18.2006, 10:45 AM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yay, I'm hip!! (although, saying hip is pretty un-hip, isn't it??!! Oh well, I am old!!)

07.18.2006, 10:47 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Howell
we share none of the same interests, as i'm more boyish than girlish and they really are a bunch of bitches. I always find it easier to make friends with boys than girls, it's kinda weird.

Trust me your friends are probably getting jealous of you making friends with guys easier than they do, as for the whole parents thing, thats pretty bad, but trust no-bodies family is perfect my family certainly aint. Hope you feel a bit better.

07.18.2006, 10:53 AM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Feel_the_Light Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Again i want to thank everyone for their great advice.
Hugs to all. xoxo

07.18.2006, 11:01 AM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, I can't really help you on your second problem, since I don't have a broken family, more like a Simpsons type.

But I can totally relate on your first problem, simply because I've been living with it my entire life (goes to show how weird I really am).

The first thing you should REALLY do is sit down and ask yourself; what are you comfortable with doing? It's pretty fine having interests no one around you has, and it's a lot more important doing what you like than doing things because people around you are. Peer pressure isn't always a good thing.

Next, you need to be vocal and have a lot of guts. You need to be vocal to voice your complaints (don't go overboard an be a whiny, btw) and tell the person directly in the face, but not in a threatening way, just what you know they are doing and how you feel about it. You need guts to take any sarcasm thrown back at you and should these "friends" desert you.

You also need a strong heart to face rejection.

To cope with sadness, everyone has their own methods, but always try to find one where you can interact with other people. Like for me, I find that helping other people even in the smallest ways, like keeping the door open for the next person, makes me feel good. So that alleviates my mood. Search around to find what makes you feel good.

On making friends, it ain't true that making friends wherever you go is true. Simply because these are more of acquantances rather than friends. Friends don't backstab you, they support you, they accept you for who you are. For example, I'm not exactly proud to say this, but I am perfectly happy to have two friends who totally accept me 100% even with all my abnormalities.

Lastly, and most importantly, like yourself. You ain't gonna get very far emotionally if you start to hate yourself.

Let's take my case as an example. Until I was 13, what took up the most time in my life was reading. I was a tru blu bookworm, reading in between every school breaks, rarely playing with my friends. I'm a proven eccentric, which is actually a form of schizo from what I researched might I add. Plus, I am extremely introverted, and I hardly open my mouth for no good reason. On the flip side, I tend to speak in the least expected times, and often it's either freaking hilarious or is so not the time for that.

Being a general nerd and childish, you can think about all the usual cons. Being bullied is one, although it was only in primary school, and I was too naive too even realize it (is that good or bad?). Up till now, I suffer from backstabbing and lack of respect simply because I am what I am.

Following your line of problems, I'm different because I go against the flow in almost everything. I don't listen to the usual songs so, I don't shop, I'd rather stay at home, I play Pokemon when I'm already 22, I hardly watch TV. The effect of most of these is that I can't carry out a normal conversation with most people because I don't know what they're talking about, and vice-versa. Add to that my general habit of summarizing everything into a short dialogue and I pretty much run out of things to say very fast.

All that, and I'm still fine with being me. Because I know some of the things I do are better than others. Most people here wouldn't even bother looking at anyone in need of help, but I go out of my way, and that's good. I don't trash talk; I prefer intelligent talk like philosophy, and to me that's good. I don't swear, and that's VERY good.

So all in all it's how you see yourself. Self-reflection is a good thing to do. It teaches you to see yourself from another point of view, and so you'll see the bad and good points of yourself, helping you improve and change. In fact, self-reflection is one of the key treatments in depression and psychological problems.

Sorry I can't help you on your other problem, but all I can say is, it doesn't matter your age, it doesn't matter if you get beaten up or whatever, just try to help out however way you can. It's worse when you do nothing, then wake up realizing that your parents are divorced.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.18.2006, 10:55 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
aviator
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Seems like you aleady have a lot of good help from your fellow ghibli fans already so this will probably be just a side note. A few years ago I saw a license plate frame that said "success is the best revenge", so here are a few things that came from that to me: don't spend too much time with people who deep down inside you know you'll regret later on (and only you can know that, and yes friends can change over time) because you could put your time to much better use (like Roarkiller). You're definitely not a bad person, so any insecurities that you might have now are merely opportunities to learn and grow. One of the things that I regret not doing in school more is sports, you'll be amazed how that changes your outlook in life (not to mention potential friends). I also come from a broken family, and in my oppinion it's very (actually extremely) important for you not to spend too much time thinking or relating to people who create a veil of darkness around you. Choose a goal (yes they can change!) or start thinking about your future, and stick to the things (the simple pleasures) that you find enjoyable in life. Remember, ultimately only you (will) know what's best in your life, so you have to give yourself opportunity and space to discover (yes, easier said than done)

Post last edited by aviator on 07.19.2006, 02:02 AM.

07.18.2006, 11:57 PM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

Oh my word this is too much to handle, i never actually thought i would get so much help, it truely is amazing that even though i've only been here a few times, everyone is ready to help and be your friend. *cries happy tears*
Hugs and love to all.
xoxo.

07.19.2006, 03:51 AM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Oh my word this is too much to handle, i never actually thought i would get so much help, it truely is amazing that even though i've only been here a few times, everyone is ready to help and be your friend. *cries happy tears*
Hugs and love to all.
xoxo.

Good to know we can help, DAMIT WE'RE BOUT ON 140 POSTS !!!!

Post last edited by Toolfan1912 on 07.19.2006, 05:54 AM.

07.19.2006, 05:54 AM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Hi, i'm sorry to do this, but i need a friend ATM and there's really no-one at home who i trust. So here are my problems.
At school i having alot of trouble, because of what i believe, watch, listen to, do all those sorts of things and it's really getting me down. The worst part is that it's my supposed "frienbds" who are doing it. This is really getting my down, the fact that they just can't say it to my face, so they talk behind my back.
The second thing is at home, my family are fighting alot because my step-dad thinks my mum's having an affair when she's not and it's effecting all of us. I can't really talk to anyone in my family, becasue they don't understand what i believe and feel, so i generally sit up in my room and either read or stare into space.
I'm sorry again for burdening you with my problems, but i trust you all and hope you can help, or give some advice.
love you all.
xo

at school, you won't see them ever again once you leave, so who cares? my Uncle had the same problem at school, so do I. There is very few poeple I trust at my new school man. but lol, you tell us man, where all family here

& your sstep Dad is paranoid, just stay away from him. ask your Mum if she really loves him.
I know everybody else has already helped, but I gotta give my wisdom as well lol.
don't ever feal like your burdoning others with your problems, it just makes us think more & therefore all the more wiser
my advise, don't drink lol, It will make it worse, listen to 2pac, read more books, **** your firnds at school, you don't need them. you got friends here. my family is broken, but none of them argue any more (lol Dad moved out & Mum was happy). your boyish, girlish issue I get, i also find it easier to make friends with boys, but that's becuase most girls either annoy me to much, demand to much attention or are bitches lol. **** them all, theres plenty of fish in the sea, there not all bad

cheers man, better dayz

Post last edited by I-B4-E THUG on 07.19.2006, 06:17 AM.

07.19.2006, 06:16 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks