QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Need help with my PC
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Need help with my PC » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.08.06
  Need help with my PCPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mpw3d Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

everytime i want load up a CD onto my PC the CD DRIVE RW doesn't seem to read and just comes up with this:

can anyone here PLS help me??

www.mpw3d.deviantart.com

08.06.2006, 01:18 PM mpw3d is offline   Profile for mpw3d Add mpw3d to your buddy list Send an Email to mpw3d
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I could be really unhelpful and say 'buy a mac'... but that would be mean... completely true, but mean...

Unfortunately I have no idea. I only posted to say hope you solve it soon...

Have you tried restarting? That always solved things back when I used windows

...sorry about your trouble...

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

Post last edited by Phyrra on 08.06.2006, 01:31 PM.

08.06.2006, 01:27 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well thats a noggin scratcher, im afraid i aint much use to yah sorry.

08.06.2006, 05:00 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm guessing it's a hardware problem, since from what you said, EVERY single CD you try can't be read. And also since it's a problem I got from my previous computer's floppy drive (I think).

I'm not sure if it could be a driver(software) problem, although I seriously doubt it. But if so, go to the manufacturer's website and check if they have the latest driver and install that.

Go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->System, then select Hardware, then Device Manager, and search for the drive in question. Click on properties to check if Windows show anything wrong with it, like a need for updated drivers.

At this step, you can actually click troubleshoot to figure out methods of solving, although usually it's pretty useless to me.

If it shows nothing wrong, then one of the things you can do is to reinstall the driver, or like I said, update from the website. If nothing works, then I can almost guarantee you it's a hardware problem.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.06.2006, 11:51 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
mpw3d
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.08.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mpw3d Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

cheers dude i'll try that

www.mpw3d.deviantart.com

08.07.2006, 01:17 PM mpw3d is offline   Profile for mpw3d Add mpw3d to your buddy list Send an Email to mpw3d
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks