QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - hi, everyone!!!!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » hi, everyone!!!!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  hi, everyone!!!!!!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by helen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi, everyone!!!!

I am so happy that finally I have found this forum and people for whom such things as anime and Gibli are not just words. I am really tied to see widely open eyes and hear smth like: «Sorry, but what are you about?!» when I say that Miatzaki is a genius. O.K. when I just mention him. People don’t know him, don’t know anything about anime, cause its popular among small group of people. I also don’t understand why practically all treat cartoons or animation like something especially for children.
Hope to find here friends
Thanks.

08.08.2006, 01:46 PM helen is offline   Profile for helen Add helen to your buddy list
kk-on-keys
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kk-on-keys Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello! *waves*

I know just how you feel... although I have managed to convert some people to Ghibliness.

08.08.2006, 02:21 PM kk-on-keys is offline   Profile for kk-on-keys Add kk-on-keys to your buddy list
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah welcome to the forums!! yeah it's sad that some people don't appreciate his work...he's a flipping genuis!!

08.08.2006, 02:34 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
mpw3d
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.08.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mpw3d Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yo!! welcome to the forum!!

www.mpw3d.deviantart.com

08.08.2006, 03:03 PM mpw3d is offline   Profile for mpw3d Add mpw3d to your buddy list Send an Email to mpw3d
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Feel_the_Light Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey welcome to the forum i know just how you feel, i don't like when people say that anime and manga is for kids because alot aren't no matter what the animation is like so stories aren't kids stuff.

08.08.2006, 03:36 PM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Heya!

When I told people at school that I cried at the end of Spirited Away, I got different responses...

"I've never seen it, but my baby sister has... did you really cry?"

"You actually cried? it was so boring."

"Who is Spirited Away?"

So as you can see, my passionate view is not held by many others, except people here

Welcome to the forums helen and kk-on-keys!

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

08.08.2006, 04:03 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

welcome to the forum , yes it is a pity they arent more appriated but my mam minds to small children one aged 7 and the other about 5 and the 7 year old she loves the studio ghibli movies. I was watching howl's moving castle and she asked if she could watch and she loved every minute of it, i showed her spirited away, My neighbour totoro and Laputa castle of the sky aswell

08.08.2006, 05:41 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the forum dude! CARTOONS ROCK!!

08.08.2006, 06:14 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

welcome to home lol, I know what you meen about ppl not liking anime, im the only person I know at my school that does
but hey, enjoy it here. Im I-B4-E THUG, or Thug for short

cheers

08.10.2006, 07:33 PM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks