QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - which is better Anime or Manga?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » which is better Anime or Manga? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Cherry
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.02.06
  which is better Anime or Manga?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cherry Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i think is the same but everyone says that's not
can somebody tell me whats the difference !!

Sig made by Miyrru! <33

08.13.2006, 08:34 PM Cherry is offline   Profile for Cherry Add Cherry to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Anime is on TV and manga is in books. Wouldn't it be more of preference?

I believe that original argument stems from anime that was based on manga, like Inuyasha, Naruto etc, where people like to argue over which is better in terms of story, plot and the like. There are others that are vice versa, like Evangelion whose manga came after the anime, but argument is still the same.

Personally, the majority of manga-based anime is of lower standard that the manga, but there are exceptions, like Ai Yori Aoshi.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.13.2006, 11:44 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

nana is based mostly on the manga and it's really good. hmmm what are some others....dunno..

08.14.2006, 06:47 AM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Little Tanuki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HMM... Interesting question. I guess it depends on your mood. I mean, do you feel like reading or do you feel like relaxing in front of the telly?

And it also depends on the manga. Like, I think that manga books are better than in serials, just because you get more story for your money.

Or in the case of anime, it depends on the voice casting and language, because sometimes when it's English dubbed it can turn out BAD.

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

10.01.2006, 04:11 AM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Personally I prefer anime, partly because it's louder, and partly because I don't have much amnga at all anyway. And when I see something with crap English dubbing, I just find a subtitled version on the internet.

10.01.2006, 05:53 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!!
I actually started with mangas, i have around 300 now!!
it introduced me to anime, so im especially grateful to mangas..
However, I dont really prefer any to the other..

10.01.2006, 12:59 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
cremmler
Susuwatari

MANGA SUCKS ice cream milkshakesPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by cremmler Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh Brother!
Without manga no anime, therefore manga deserves a lot of respect. But coulnt one say, that anime deserves respect for the huge workload involved in such a project. It aint easy, buddy.
Who asked this question anyway? (ts ts)

10.01.2006, 02:17 PM cremmler is offline   Profile for cremmler Add cremmler to your buddy list Homepage of cremmler
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!!
but.. 90% of ghibli animes are not based on manga though!!

10.01.2006, 02:21 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
cremmler
Susuwatari

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by cremmler Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh Brother!
I'll get some intelligence for Christmas.
Ho HO HO!

10.01.2006, 02:26 PM cremmler is offline   Profile for cremmler Add cremmler to your buddy list Homepage of cremmler
Loscil
Baron

YO!!
Youre even crazier than kk..
thats very difficult!

10.01.2006, 02:27 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

diffcult but apparently possible.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

10.01.2006, 02:33 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
kk-on-keys
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kk-on-keys Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wah ha ha.

Uh...

I like both anime and manga. I was reading manga a long time before I knew it was manga, when I was small and got my first Pokemon comic book aaages ago.

I suppose this kind of debate is the same as the one between books and films like Lord of the Rings.

10.07.2006, 06:16 AM kk-on-keys is offline   Profile for kk-on-keys Add kk-on-keys to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

YO!!
It would be, if there loads od thousands of lotr books, and loads of thousands of lotr films and series..

10.07.2006, 06:25 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
kk-on-keys
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kk-on-keys Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Three is a big number.

There you go.

10.07.2006, 06:27 AM kk-on-keys is offline   Profile for kk-on-keys Add kk-on-keys to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

YO!!
yeah it is..

10.07.2006, 06:28 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Honestly!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ppl, Manga is a company that MAKES anime. For example the movie "X" is made by manga. It isnt a type of anything its just a company. So anime and manga are the same thing....

10.07.2006, 06:32 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

wrong. Manga is on paper. The anime company Manga got their name from that, strange as it may sound.

10.07.2006, 06:39 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Really?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Really? I am shocked. Also very humbled, thank you arren.

10.07.2006, 06:43 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Didn't you know? Oh well, now you do.

((666 posts! ooooooo scary... ))

Post last edited by arren18 on 10.07.2006, 06:45 AM.

10.07.2006, 06:44 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

yupPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yep, i do now know. Can we start a new thread? I like this one but i think its ran to its full

10.07.2006, 06:46 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks