QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Sunchaser's trip to China...:)
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Sunchaser's trip to China...:) » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Totoro

Registration Date: 02.22.06
  Sunchaser's trip to China...:)Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

And so I'm starting this thread to tell anyone who wants to hear about my trip...just ask me questions, cuz I don't quite know where to start.

Umm...the thing that made me sad...as I just came back yesterday, we had to do the whole baggage claim right? well, the stupid airline can't find my luggage. it's got like all of my clothes in it (i overpack...A LOT) two books, one's my friends....heh, and a stitching my cousin made for me, for which she stayed up till 3 everyday to finish it...and all the stuff my aunts went out and bought for me, and now I'm like really depressed.

yeah, sry for complaining....it really sux though...

suxxorz....

okay, and now for something happy....i climbed the Great Wall (the part at Badaling- "The Great Wall at Badaling" says the sign) yay, it was cool....but there were WAY too many people, and it was really foggy, so you couldn't see like 100 meters ahead of you....it was raining too....and it smelled really nasty...there are no bathrooms on the Great Wall but it was fun though and i feel very accomplished!

yay...

First signature made by kittycatjess. Thank you so much!
Second signature also made by kittycatjess...it's our joint sig!
Third signature made by mpw3d . Thank you!

08.14.2006, 02:13 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Did you go as part of a tour group? I was just wondering about the language, and how you managed in China if you didn't. Unless of course you speak Chinese... in which case that was a pretty bad first question

What's the food in China like? Apartently there's lots of rice... well, that's what some people from school said after they went to China

I hope the airline finds your luggage at some point... Let's all hope they do... sorry...

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

08.14.2006, 02:22 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
kk-on-keys
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kk-on-keys Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow. I would love to see the wall, even if it does smell!

I'm so sorry to hear about your luggage I'm sure you'll get it all back, though.

08.14.2006, 02:27 PM kk-on-keys is offline   Profile for kk-on-keys Add kk-on-keys to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good to have you back Sun!!

Sorry to hear about your luggage, but I'm still really jealous that you got to go to China!!!

(Glad to have my 'Kawaii' mate back...nobody else bothers with that thread!!)

08.14.2006, 02:33 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I didn't go as part of a tour group...I went with my mom and dad to visit our extended family...and I'm Chinese, so I can speak Chinese....

The food's good, but you have to order the right ones, at the right restaurants...some restaurants are really yucky. You can also buy food from the street vendors, the usually make pretty good flat breadish stuff...I don't know how to say it in english. And I don't know if you mean like rice fields or rice in restaurants...but either way, yeah there's rice.

I hope they find my luggage too...I am sorely depressed...

And while we were on the rice/food topic, we went to this one restaurant in the hotel we were staying at, and we ordered some rice. The rice comes like half an hour later, and it's like cold. So my mom and dad and my cousin's mom and dad (we were visiting my mom's family at that time, grandma and gramps were out shopping) are all like "it's cold, can you heat it up?" So the waitress like pouts and walks to a microwave and starts heating it like right in front of us....by this time Jing (my cousin) and I are like laughing, and the mom's and dad's are all like WTF?

And so the waitress gets a scolding from everyone, mostly my mom though, (she's somewhat dramatic) and we call the like owner of the restaurant....and it's all "blah blah, sry sry sry, we were wrong" etc...but we did get a free dish so yay...And the when we were talking to the owner, we see the waitress pouting....and heating rice in the microwave.....again

What do you think of that?

08.14.2006, 02:34 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

wow sun must have been fun in china that sucks bout your luggage.... did you take pics from everywhere you went or what i would love to see them!

08.14.2006, 03:35 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yay! Thanks for the welcome back everyone!

SpiritedSen-Yup your "kawaii" mate is back, and busy saving pics to post up, you'll see them soon!

nanafan-Yeah, China was pretty awesome. I did take a lot of pictures. I'll see if I can post some up soon!

kk-on-keys-Normally on a sunny day, (if there are ever sunny days, it's like always misty) you can see really far ahead of you, and you can see it rolling over the mountains...it's quite pretty!

Just like in the pictures and postcards...(they must be edited though...I'm serious! In Beijing, it's like foggy and gray...must be the air pollution. There is like no way, the sky can be that blue, and the trees that green... no way.... )

This is more like it :

And I am still luggage deprived....*wallows in self-pity* Okay, I'll stop now. But thanks for the reassurances!

Post last edited by Sunchaser on 08.14.2006, 04:07 PM.

08.14.2006, 04:04 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good to see yah made it back safe and sound, Hope you get your luggage back or ill have to sort them out myself!!!!

Post last edited by Toolfan1912 on 08.14.2006, 04:55 PM.

08.14.2006, 04:54 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
Sunchaser
Totoro

Thanks Toolfan1912!

No luck yet though....man....suxxorz....

08.14.2006, 08:38 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

F&B is a tough job, especially the customer service side. I know, I work in Delifrance now. There's this one regular customer lady who always orders ice lemon tea, but when we send it to her, she immediately says, "I don't want this, there's ice in it, my children can't take cold drinks. Give me a new one."

Thing is, the drink is cold, with OR without ice :S Worst thing is when it's another family member who orders it, so we don't know it's her family. It's like she EXPECTS us to remember what she wants. And she always complains about the tables being dirty, when she's the one who chose it instead of the other tables which are obvious cleaner and has the same seating capacity anyway.

On rice, it's the staple around this region, so yeah. But personally, I still don't see how you can eat it with chopsticks. Tried it before, failed miserably, and I'm quite okay with chopsticks myself. Only got like a quarter mouthful of rice with each pinch.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.14.2006, 11:04 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Sunchaser
Totoro

That's too bad about the picky ice-tea lady. Good luck with that.

Chopsticks aren't too bad. I can use them and eat and stuff, but if you look at my hand you can see I'm not holding them right. If you first see me use them, it's like any other person...but really it's not, one of my fingers is placed differently. I can still pick up food though...that's the most important thing right?

08.14.2006, 11:14 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lol sucks for your luggage, hope it comes back. i've heard a lot of stuff about China, but mainly from american t.v. shows bitching about comunists.....is it really like, extemely horribly tight security over their all the time? (this is talking from someone whos seen a lot of american t.v shows)

cheers

08.15.2006, 02:31 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

I GOT MY LUGGAGE BACK! Yay! Ok...

Um, the security actually wasn't all that bad. But people have bad tempers. We were taking a taxi once, and the driver kept on arguing with the other driver, and they're all like "You wanna fight? All right! Come on!" And stuff...

08.15.2006, 07:49 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Congrats dude!

It said on the news the other day that, in China, they are going to ban American cartoons, such as The Simpsons, being shown between 5pm and 9pm, because they think that the cartoons are having an adverse effect on Chinese children. Also, programmes mixing live action and animation have already been banned!
That's kinda weird...but I won't hold it against China, I'd still love to go!

08.15.2006, 07:55 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i dont really trust China, ive read about Chaiman Mao, so yea lol. I do have a slight interest in China's pre-communist culture, but i dont know much about it. They did have great artworks and good poetry but the poetry dosnt really interest me. ive seen some anciant sculptures and some pre-comunist paintings and they where really good

cheers

08.16.2006, 03:04 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Gratz on getting you luggage back, Sunchaser!!

I find it quite funny that the Chinese authorities have limits on the amount of time children can play on MMORPGs (massively multiplayer online role playing games)...

Basically, if you spend more than 3 hours playing your internet game, then your character gets some sort of 'ability reduction'; if you spend 5 hours, then your character is 'severly restricted', and you have to have a 5 hour break before being able to play again...

Seems a bit extreme at first, but more than 20 million people in China play online games... and I suppose it stops them playing on their computers for too long...

It might be a god idea, but not thought through very well. What about children who play games offline? Or who watch TV for more than 5 hours? They don't get a penalty...

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

08.16.2006, 06:02 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks