QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Hey im new to Anime plz help.
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Hey im new to Anime plz help. » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
Rossler
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.20.06
  Hey im new to Anime plz help.Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Rossler Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey, Im new to Anime. I watched some of the Studio Ghibli Films and they are really good. Just wondered if there are any short Anime series which are good.

1-20 episodes would be kewl.

Regards Rossler

08.20.2006, 03:35 PM Rossler is offline   Profile for Rossler Add Rossler to your buddy list
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey man welcome to the forum. Dont know any im only really a ghibli movie watcher.

08.20.2006, 04:01 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
Rossler
Susuwatari

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Rossler Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thx

08.20.2006, 06:05 PM Rossler is offline   Profile for Rossler Add Rossler to your buddy list
Cherry
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cherry Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You know Paula Ribó made the voice of Chihiro in Spanish and she looks like a girl of 3 years but her voice is of a girl like 10 or 11 years....Wow i'm surprise !!!

Sig made by Miyrru! <33

Post last edited by Cherry on 08.20.2006, 07:20 PM.

08.20.2006, 07:19 PM Cherry is offline   Profile for Cherry Add Cherry to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That was kind of outta left field, but thats cool.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

08.20.2006, 07:22 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Cherry
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cherry Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i'm Chihiro's #1 FAN !!!!!

Sig made by Miyrru! <33

08.20.2006, 07:25 PM Cherry is offline   Profile for Cherry Add Cherry to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I believe im san's but i let my sig and avy speak for me.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

08.20.2006, 07:27 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Rossler
Susuwatari

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Rossler Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

cant anyone help lol ...

08.20.2006, 07:30 PM Rossler is offline   Profile for Rossler Add Rossler to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

I can't help you, Mononoke re-hooked me, I'm more into the movies, i recommend Nausicaa of the valley of the wind, that should hold you over till you find something else.

Click for Gallery^^

08.20.2006, 07:32 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, if you like a laugh, you could try Tenchi Muyo, it's 13 episodes. Sorry, but that's all I can think of just now...

08.21.2006, 12:20 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Rossler
Susuwatari

any links or downloads i can get for that series?

08.21.2006, 12:35 PM Rossler is offline   Profile for Rossler Add Rossler to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You could always try YouTube, or do a Google Search, or have a go at Limewire. I also hear that BitTorrent is great for that kinda thing.

08.21.2006, 12:59 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Heres a shameless plug for bitTorrent, it rocks man.

Click for Gallery^^

08.21.2006, 01:06 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
arren18
Administrator

er...

where's a shameless plug for bitTorrent?

08.21.2006, 01:07 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

I gave one, im saying it rocks, i've said it a bit around here, so im just saying it again.

Click for Gallery^^

08.21.2006, 01:12 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Rossler
Susuwatari

i dony like watching it on Youtube as i like having it on my pc . lol

08.21.2006, 01:29 PM Rossler is offline   Profile for Rossler Add Rossler to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

try eries by director shinichiro watanabe. they include COWBOY BEBOP and SAMURAI CHAMPLOO. Both are really cool and funny, definitely worth watching. Probably the best in quality, story and innovation on the market right now (especially Samurai champloo, its pretty new). Both have 24 episodes.
Another series, consisitng of 13 OVAs is Record of Lodoss War. Its from the late eighties, or early 90s, not sure, but its a classic and very famous.
Have fun, JRR
p.S: however, Ghibli stuff is still unbeatable! WEHEY!!!

08.21.2006, 04:40 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
nanashi
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.27.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Rossler
i dony like watching it on Youtube as i like having it on my pc . lol

use this site, if you want to DL from youtube. and any of FLV player
http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php

08.22.2006, 08:54 AM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You gotta establish what genre you like watching first. I mean, I can't recommend, say, romance to someone who prefers action, or comedy to someone who prefers mystery.

There's a pretty decent database at animenfo.com which holds quite a number of anime titles, though not all.

Licensed anime are usually harder to get, and existly mostly on IRC channels. Unlicensed and newer animes nowadays get distributed through bittorent. For starters, boxtorrents.com is a good starter for completed anime (series that already ended).

For a small list of genres and titles I (personally) recommend, starred for highly recommended:

Comedy:
Azumanga Daioh (26)*
Samurai Champloo (24)*
Suzumiya Haruhi (14)*
Fooly Cooly (4)

Action:
Cowboy Bebop (26)
Kiddy Grade (24)
Chrno Crusade (24)
ROD OVA (3)*

Fantasy
12 Kingdoms (45)
Vision of Escaflowne (26)*
Scrapped Princess (24)*
Full Moon wo Sagashite (52)
Last Exile (26)

Mystery:
Serial Experiments Lain (13)
Tsukihime (13)*
100 Stories (13)

Romance:
Ai Yori Aoshi (24)
Midori no Hibi (13)
Onegai Teacher (12)
Onegai Twins (12)
Saikano (24)**

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.24.2006, 05:20 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Sunchaser
Totoro

Registration Date: 02.22.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yay for Azumanga Daioh! I also like Full Moon...

First signature made by kittycatjess. Thank you so much!
Second signature also made by kittycatjess...it's our joint sig!
Third signature made by mpw3d . Thank you!

08.24.2006, 12:10 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks