QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern -
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
PDtrainer06
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.04.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by PDtrainer06 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Does anyone here like PKMN?

05.04.2003, 05:56 PM PDtrainer06 is offline   Profile for PDtrainer06 Add PDtrainer06 to your buddy list Homepage of PDtrainer06 AIM Screenname: PDtrainer89
Ameria
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.02.04
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Ameria Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes. And I'm not some drooling little kd like most people think Pokemon otakus are! It's what got me interested in Anime, so I stay faithful to t, ya know? I don't like Yu-Gi-Oh! because it's kiddy and I have no interest in it, but if it had come out when I was a kid and I had liked it, then i would still like it.

06.03.2004, 02:16 PM Ameria is offline   Profile for Ameria Add Ameria to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I used to be #3 in my country in the TCG game. And enjoyed a little fame once from my website, which is kinda dead now.

Anime-wise, i cant watch it anymore due to army stuff taking the whole day and half of saturday.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.04.2004, 11:37 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Goddess Nayru
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.18.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Goddess Nayru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watch and play some of the games and shows...the movies aren't too good...and the whole concept of cards is just stupid....=3 but yea I watch.

Evil Enough For You?

09.19.2005, 05:02 PM Goddess Nayru is offline   Profile for Goddess Nayru Add Goddess Nayru to your buddy list
karoodia
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 09.30.05
pokemonPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by karoodia Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i like pokemon

09.30.2005, 09:36 AM karoodia is offline   Profile for karoodia Add karoodia to your buddy list
Anorak, Yes
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.07.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Anorak, Yes Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You've got to love Pokemon. I think it's the law.

Pokemon was the first anime I ever watched, and I still do

I've still got the posters up on my wall...

10.07.2005, 12:15 PM Anorak, Yes is offline   Profile for Anorak, Yes Add Anorak, Yes to your buddy list
Crystal218
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.11.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Crystal218 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Luv lots of anime (like the variety) including pkmn (i think ever sincei woz about 7)

still got cards, eps, watch movie 1-7 (must watch wave guiding hero! movie seen parts or all of season 1-5 (incl advanced generation 1st series)

but wat i luv da most is how adorable they r (yes i'm a cutey cutesy person)

posters , mags...and a massive plushi!..I'm crazi. lol

12.05.2005, 07:00 PM Crystal218 is offline   Profile for Crystal218 Add Crystal218 to your buddy list
JanJosé
Kodama

Registration Date: 09.28.07
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by JanJosé Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love Pokémon, especially the games, I can't stand the TCG nemore. and I still cant believe thet there are 8 movies n japan, were onley up 2 4, not counting MewTwo returnes which i havnt seen yet >

09.28.2007, 05:15 AM JanJosé is offline   Profile for JanJosé Add JanJosé to your buddy list Send an Email to JanJosé
tariss-of-mar
Ohmu

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tariss-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm still kinda obsessed with it, lol. I have the newest games and... I studied all of the handbooks when I was little... Hehehe. But I'm not going to rant on, cos I'd take forever.

I´m a supporter and user of Ubuntu (Linux)
Open source rules!

10.26.2007, 06:25 PM tariss-of-mar is offline   Profile for tariss-of-mar Add tariss-of-mar to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tariss-of-mar
I'm still kinda obsessed with it, lol. I have the newest games and... I studied all of the handbooks when I was little... Hehehe. But I'm not going to rant on, cos I'd take forever.

when you say you have the newest games, does that include Diamond / Pearl.

If so wanna battle?

10.27.2007, 12:05 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ameria
I don't like Yu-Gi-Oh! because it's kiddy and I have no interest in it, but if it had come out when I was a kid and I had liked it, then i would still like it.

It was Yu-Gi-Oh! that got me into anime. I was 14 when I started watching it. So take into consideration that I'm a lot more mature than most 14-year-old girls, and yet I didn't find it "kiddy". It kind've obliterates your comment methinks. *gives Ameria evils*

I'm sorry but you really shouldn't say something like that without expecting someone to challenge you.

Post last edited by Kazegami on 10.27.2007, 11:33 AM.

10.27.2007, 11:31 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Er... I don't think you'll get an answer, considering the original post is from over three years ago.

10.27.2007, 11:35 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah well.... *grins like an idiot*

At least that means we can't get in an argument right?

10.27.2007, 11:37 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oooh, I dunno. I could step in and help out there, if you like...

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.27.2007, 12:50 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I didn't know you'd watched Yu-Gi-Oh.

10.27.2007, 03:10 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't. I never heard of it. I was just offering an argument.

I'll go now.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.27.2007, 03:18 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Maybe some other time. Oh wait a minute, I've been wanting to ask someone for ages, and I think you'll know: what exactly is pocky? I hear a lot of references made to it but I don't know what it is. Couldn't even find it in the dictionary.

10.27.2007, 03:34 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Its a Japanese confectionery. A thin pencil-like stick of light biscuit coated in chocolate. Available in various flavours. Chinese/Japanese/Asian food shops will sell it in the UK.

http://www.onlineghibli.com/tavern/threa...d=1&page=58

10.27.2007, 03:40 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My dad's friend (who isn't Japanese, but lives in Japan) brought tons of that stuff when he came back to visit.

Er . . . Just thought I'd share . . .

10.28.2007, 11:55 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi
My dad's friend (who isn't Japanese, but lives in Japan) brought tons of that stuff when he came back to visit.

Er . . . Just thought I'd share . . .

as did my girlfriend last year when she stayed there.
apart from pocky popular confectionery also includes:
Crunky
Crunky kids
Milky
Koalas
Woody
Yan-Yan
Oiomo Choco
Black black
Pucho
Kit-Kat inside-out
Piyochan chewing gum
various rip-offs of Pocky such as the Peppero one
Hi-chews
Kerokerokeropi chewing gum
Juicy and fresh chewing gum
Kiss mint

i hope these are all right as i have only seen most of them in asian groceries and not actually tried them.

hope i have enlightened you all as to the world of japanese confectionery....

10.30.2007, 12:48 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks