QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Archives of Studio Ghibli at E-bay
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Archives of Studio Ghibli at E-bay » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.13.03
Archives of Studio Ghibli at E-bayPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by stinkstick Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I bid on the boxed set Archive of Studio Ghibli at e-bay last week. The bidding started at $42. The set includes 12 movies - Nausicaa, My Neighbor Totoro, Mononoke, Kiki's Delivery...I can't even tell you all the names because I can't read Japanese (but the films are all subtitles in English if that matters to you). The set also came with the special edition Spirited Away DVD. The entire package comes to 19 hours of Miyazaki. I'm not a salesperson for e-bay, but I just noticed that several postings here lamented the high prices of anime movies in some areas. When I placed my bid, there were four or five sets available, all starting at very low prices.

05.13.2003, 09:39 PM stinkstick is offline   Profile for stinkstick Add stinkstick to your buddy list
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Heck, there's a whole STACK of them at the video store near my place. Abt $40 per set, too. That's where I got mine, BTW. Sorry to gloat

But it's not 12 movies. It's 11 movies and 1 music vid.

05.16.2003, 03:19 PM  
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

those archives are bootlegs, i wouldn't recommand them

05.17.2003, 04:49 PM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
stinkstick
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.13.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by stinkstick Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The archives are printed and packaged by Studio Ghibli and are stamped with a UPC code.

05.18.2003, 12:45 PM stinkstick is offline   Profile for stinkstick Add stinkstick to your buddy list
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

that's what they want you think, the packaging are done in hong kong.. and you how professional those underground networks are with packaging.

both nausicaa and butaconnections have articles about how it's bootlegs and how quality isnt all that great compared to authentic single ghibli dvds

05.18.2003, 01:17 PM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
amaki_tenshi
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.09.03
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by amaki_tenshi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I got this Box and I have to say that I'm happy to have it....better than nothing

but I paied 49$ and 20$ for shipping to Europe.....

06.09.2003, 07:39 PM amaki_tenshi is offline   Profile for amaki_tenshi Add amaki_tenshi to your buddy list Add amaki_tenshi to your contact list YIM Screenname: amaki_tenshi
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, u've certainly been ripped off. Sorry for the bad news tho, but u can get it for a lot cheaper (i think).

But yeah, like u said, better than nothing.

Oh, and juz so u know, there's only one official boxset available as far as i know. Ironically, thats also made in HK

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.10.2003, 09:13 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
chocobo249
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 11.18.03
Studio Ghibli CollectionPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by chocobo249 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hi ppl i just orded one off ebay like this but it was the one with 7 movies but they were dubbed and it was cheaper and i can understand whats going on better cus if its subs i stare at the text and not the pics! its called Studio Ghibli Museum ?

11.18.2003, 04:24 PM chocobo249 is offline   Profile for chocobo249 Add chocobo249 to your buddy list Send an Email to chocobo249 Homepage of chocobo249
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by chocobo249
hi ppl i just orded one off ebay like this but it was the one with 7 movies but they were dubbed and it was cheaper and i can understand whats going on better cus if its subs i stare at the text and not the pics! its called Studio Ghibli Museum ?

There is NO such thing as a boxset AT ALL. Ghibli sells all their movies individually.

Studio Ghibli Museum? Interesting, a new bootleg. Mind pointing a picture to see?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

11.19.2003, 04:26 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
alibaba40she
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 12.17.03
"official" English, anyone??Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by alibaba40she Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi Everyone! Okay, I've been on ebay (well, actually, am on there a lot) and am thoroughly confused about the Studio Ghibli stuff. Just what's the "officially" done English versions? I am assuming Disney's Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, and Castle in the Sky. What about Family Feature's My Neighbor Totoro? I also see Grave of the Fireflies in English.

Then, there are the boxed sets--one with 11 movies with English subtitles, and the one with 7 movies dubbed in English. Who dubbed them, is it done well?

Any straightening out would be appreciated. Reading through the posts here didn't really give me definitive answers, as there seems to be varying opinions on some of this.

:~)

12.17.2003, 03:30 PM alibaba40she is offline   Profile for alibaba40she Add alibaba40she to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by alibaba40she
Hi Everyone! Okay, I've been on ebay (well, actually, am on there a lot) and am thoroughly confused about the Studio Ghibli stuff. Just what's the "officially" done English versions? I am assuming Disney's Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, and Castle in the Sky. What about Family Feature's My Neighbor Totoro? I also see Grave of the Fireflies in English.

Then, there are the boxed sets--one with 11 movies with English subtitles, and the one with 7 movies dubbed in English. Who dubbed them, is it done well?

Any straightening out would be appreciated. Reading through the posts here didn't really give me definitive answers, as there seems to be varying opinions on some of this.

:~)

Totoro is also done by Disney. GOTF is done by another company, and was released yrs ago.

The boxsets r ripped from the original DVDs. Theres a reason why theyre also called pirated versions. So no one dubbed them, its the exact same version as Disney's releases.

Also, i can only confirm one real boxset, and thats a LD boxset, no other formats to my knowledge exist that was published in Japan or YS. HK might, but suspicious versions.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

12.18.2003, 12:09 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Terry
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.05.03
  TotoroPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Terry Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think Totoro was released by Fox because that's what amazon says. Or is there going to be a new version re-released by Disney?

12.26.2003, 09:09 PM Terry is offline   Profile for Terry Add Terry to your buddy list
alibaba40she
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 12.17.03
englishPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by alibaba40she Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the info. guys. Guess I'll stay away from the boxed set because I'm not into stealing. :~) Happy and peaceful new year to you all.

12.27.2003, 07:00 AM alibaba40she is offline   Profile for alibaba40she Add alibaba40she to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks