QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PIZZA TOPPING?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PIZZA TOPPING? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  2  3  4  5  6  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Phyrra
Lol, good old olives...

I've never had seafood on a pizza... but a 'Japanese' pizza probably would be topped with seafood... Can someone tell me what squid tastes like? I've never had it before... am I mising out?

It depends. If it's distinguishable as a squid (even a very small one), and if it's cooked properly, then it's good. But if it isn't cooked right, it can be really chewy, and if it's just a battered calamari ring, it tastes of batter.

10.01.2006, 07:20 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yO!!
Its like this:
The squid is in rings,called calamares round here..
I quite like the taste.. however it is very chewy.. not squishy..
However im not so sure it tastes good on pizza..
The textures are too different!

10.01.2006, 07:23 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So squid really depends on who prepares it... thanks arren18!

Hehe, you're right furs... I can imagine a pizza base with a huge squid on top

EDIT: Oh, you must have posted just before me JRR... so it's not really like slamon and tuna, it's more chewy. I'll have to try it some time, sounds like an interesting fish!!

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

Post last edited by Phyrra on 10.01.2006, 07:25 AM.

10.01.2006, 07:23 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!!
is good, but no fish
Round here they have a squid salad, called ensalada de pulpo..
You can actually see the squid on it, ie, the sucking things etc..
still tastes good though...
Sometimes theyput that on pizza instead of calamares..
Still chewy, but more eatable, and looks more exotic!!

10.01.2006, 07:28 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
furs
Totoro

Registration Date: 09.23.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by furs Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's interesting. Probably it might work for me so long as it's well cooked.

Hmm. It might be expensive too? As it's kinda exotic indeed.

10.02.2006, 12:54 AM furs is offline   Profile for furs Add furs to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

YO!!
Maybe in NZ or America or rest of Europe..
But round here, if you wanna squid, you go to the coast, dive down a metres and just poke under any rock..
TADAA!! there really is loads round here = cheap squid
and it does taste nice, just not on pizza!

10.02.2006, 03:20 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
furs
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by furs Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Squid is just squid. It's not like it's rocket science of how a good squid tastes like. Every other person gets to taste a good calamares atleast.

10.02.2006, 03:48 AM furs is offline   Profile for furs Add furs to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

YO!!
yeah.. but calamari are as abundant as tuna in this world.. thats boring!!
actually.. I think what they call Pulpo round here is not really squid but octopus!! And tHAT is something not everyones tasted.. and its good!!

So.. OCTOPUS PIZZA and not SQUID PIZZA!!
BEAT THAT!!

10.02.2006, 04:35 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
furs
Totoro

That's absurd. This thread has gone either down the hill or have gone very creatively.. To the point of having such kind of pizza as Octopus flavored.

10.02.2006, 07:36 PM furs is offline   Profile for furs Add furs to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

its down hill in my opinion, octupus belong in the ocean, not on my pizza.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

10.02.2006, 07:38 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
furs
Totoro

Same. I haven't seen a full sized Octopus myself, let alone have eaten one. And moreso, put it in my pizza.

10.02.2006, 07:49 PM furs is offline   Profile for furs Add furs to your buddy list
[  «    ...  2  3  4  5  6  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks