QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - This is very important
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » This is very important » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
yoyo
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.24.06
This is very importantPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by yoyo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi friend ……… ….
Today I do wooooo
I was finish the exam
So I like to do to gather

And this is the cake

01.11.2007, 02:04 PM yoyo is offline   Profile for yoyo Add yoyo to your buddy list
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Not quite sure what this is about but if its school and you finished exams then well done....

01.11.2007, 06:48 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
Howmany
Ohmu

Registration Date: 09.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Howmany Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ditto Well done for finishing those exams hope you enjoy that tasty looking cake

01.12.2007, 12:00 PM Howmany is offline   Profile for Howmany Add Howmany to your buddy list Send an Email to Howmany Homepage of Howmany AIM Screenname: Howmany YIM Screenname: Howmany
emperor squirrel
Tanuki

Registration Date: 01.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by emperor squirrel Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

mmmmm, cake.

01.12.2007, 12:02 PM emperor squirrel is offline   Profile for emperor squirrel Add emperor squirrel to your buddy list
Howmany
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Howmany Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yo squirrel has the tri nation odi series started yet and whats the score ?

01.12.2007, 12:05 PM Howmany is offline   Profile for Howmany Add Howmany to your buddy list Send an Email to Howmany Homepage of Howmany AIM Screenname: Howmany YIM Screenname: Howmany
emperor squirrel
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by emperor squirrel Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yep, guess you know by now but aussies triumphant again... won by 8 wickets : )
i am being very careful not to gloat as i don't know if you are an aussie in england or a homegrown fan! but in the interests of fairness, flintoff had a good game and an unlucky injury to pietersen (copped a nasty bouncer from mcgrath) set the poms - or should i say english chaps - back.

01.13.2007, 07:24 AM emperor squirrel is offline   Profile for emperor squirrel Add emperor squirrel to your buddy list
Howmany
Ohmu

Im an england fan but im all too aware of our sh*tness epsecially at ODI I can only wait for the next ashes series when there will be no warne/mcgrath or some of the others and our youngsters will be more exprienced
aussies to win tri nations no probs just as well the Kiwi's are evn worse than we are otherwise they might make the final.

01.13.2007, 09:42 AM Howmany is offline   Profile for Howmany Add Howmany to your buddy list Send an Email to Howmany Homepage of Howmany AIM Screenname: Howmany YIM Screenname: Howmany
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

would you care to explain cricket to me?

Post last edited by Seiji on 01.13.2007, 06:29 PM.

01.13.2007, 06:29 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Little Tanuki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Certainly. Answers to specific questions cheerfully given.

What do you want to know?

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

01.13.2007, 07:11 PM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hmm...what are the positions? how long does the game go? when do teams switch? How many wicketes are there? Is the ball similar to a baseball? Does anybody ever hit it with the edge of the bat rather than the face? Are there bases? Can you get home runs? When games last for days do they take breaks? That kind of stuff...

All I know is that they wear large shinpads, the bowler throws the ball(I think), the hitter protects the wickets(I think), and then the hitter sprints from one spot to another when he hits the ball, but I don't know why or when this happens or when it stops. Though I do know that you get points for running the lines. Also the outfield is huge.

01.13.2007, 08:09 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
yoyo
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by yoyo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Think for your reply.....
and I like to any one explain to me about what happen here

01.14.2007, 01:09 AM yoyo is offline   Profile for yoyo Add yoyo to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Seiji
would you care to explain cricket to me?

The answer to such a question could and will take a while.

01.14.2007, 09:52 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
emperor squirrel
Tanuki

ah, cricket... at the risk of simplifying 100-odd yrs of rivalry, here goes...
cricket is a game invented by the british, then exported to their colonies (australia, new zealand, india, pakistan, sri lanka, sth africa) who rapidly became much better at it than them.
one day cricket is easy - two teams, one day to play.
each team gets to bat once and bowl once. when batting, all 11 players face up and try to score as many runs as possible in 50 overs. an over is 6 balls. when they are all out, it's the other team's turn to bat. they have to beat that score. sounds simple, but as for test cricket - can't be bothered explaining, i left too much out in one day cricket!

01.14.2007, 10:23 AM emperor squirrel is offline   Profile for emperor squirrel Add emperor squirrel to your buddy list
emperor squirrel
Tanuki

btw Howmany, aussies accounted for NZ tonight by 100-odd runs. no contest, but there was a ripper of a hat trick by a NZ bowler.

01.14.2007, 10:25 AM emperor squirrel is offline   Profile for emperor squirrel Add emperor squirrel to your buddy list
Howmany
Ohmu

@ Seiji
well it depends on what version your playing ODI or TEST. ODI as the name implies is over one day both teams bat and feild once. TEST over 5 days both teams bat twice and feild twice. there are two wickets.
the teams swictch after one team is out.
the ball is very similar to baseball in size but a cricket ball is heavier and slighlty smaller and has a large raised seam going round it like the equator.
there are two breaks a day lunch at 1:00pm approx
and Tea at 3:30pm approx with the game starting at 10:00am and finishing at 6:00pm approx.
if a batsman hits it out the ground without touching the floor it counts a 6 runs if it touches the ground first it counts as 4. no home runs. if you hit it with the edge you will probably get caught. lots of feliding postions.

01.15.2007, 10:54 AM Howmany is offline   Profile for Howmany Add Howmany to your buddy list Send an Email to Howmany Homepage of Howmany AIM Screenname: Howmany YIM Screenname: Howmany
Seiji
Totoro

Oh, thanks. They show cricket on FOX sports world when there isn't any soccer on. I'll have to catch a game some time.

01.16.2007, 01:23 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

haven't seen cricket on tv..guess what where i am we had a bad icestorm. our school is closed for a week! this is isane i will be bored out of my mind!

01.16.2007, 02:18 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

lol, I wish we would have a big icestorm

01.16.2007, 05:41 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i live in canada and we havent had a snowday since 1996...

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

01.16.2007, 09:19 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HAHA! Finally, REAL SNOW!! YES!!
I love the snow, it's so pretty and I
do stupid stunts on my sled..hehe...(okay,
I'm not the sort of person to do that but
YES when it comes to snow, i'm like that)
Yay! But still..

01.16.2007, 09:23 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks