QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - for u.k taveners only!!!!!!!!!!! URGENT !
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » for u.k taveners only!!!!!!!!!!! URGENT ! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  for u.k taveners only!!!!!!!!!!! URGENT !Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Farren here
just wondering wat uk taverners think of me and a mates plan for the concept of living in the U.K mainly england at this stage but we will go all around, for 3 months perhaps longer. We'd be living and working there perhaps starting at a place called espon or something near surrie i'm told.
we'd be leaving mid may next yr perhaps picking season over there? do i need bar skills?

i just beleive that is the perfect way to see a country
by living and working there.
we just don't know how viable such and undertaking will be there? i really wana go to see a topgear show too and meet phil harding!!

me mate is half pom so he's getting a duel passport or watever and i'd be going with 3 month work visa i may have to change to 6 month if things go really well... (cough) and he has cousins there so there may be a couch.
does anyone know how long it takes to renew a work visa whilst in another european country?

we are going to the flight centre for info tomoz

but i'm really just looking for some help to look at the bigger picture for ppl that live there etc me mate is contacting his cousing but yeah ..
ideas??

cheers farren

12.13.2009, 06:59 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
..Ayami..
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ..Ayami.. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can't really help you out with info on visas/passports and such because I'm a bit young to understand it yet It's a load of rubbish to me at the moment.

I think you'd enjoy it though. I like it here and although I've never been to Australia and I don't know how similar it is to the UK, I think it would be an interesting thing to do. Personally I'd love to visit another country like that for a few months, and I'd be very jealous of you if you did.

Unfortunatley you wouldn't be able to see a Top Gear show. To go and be part of the audience it's something like a 10 year waiting list. My friend has just put his name down to see it and he never stops complaining on how long he has to wait

12.13.2009, 08:48 AM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey, similar to Ay i'm too young to know much about visas.

I agree with her about liking living here though, Britain has a varied but particular culture and I like to think that through the eyes of a visitor it's nice.

However ~ Right now our unemployment levels are terrible because of the credit crunch :/ You'd find it pretty hard to get work I think. Then again you may not, I guess a lot of it comes down to luck with timing. Just a warning Plus, I don't know what it's like in Australia, but i'm pretty sure Britain is a pretty pricey place to live in.

12.13.2009, 10:37 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

a ten yr wait to be on top gear?!! thats fucked up that was going to be a highlight if not the highlight..

yeah i'm pretty pumped to go dad thinks its not viable, he said something bout ireland nearly being broke and england looking unsteady etc.. but i'm going anyway , i don't care if i have to wipe up till 2am each morning.
i'm a persistant bastard wen i have to be

yeah england has always really facinated me and watching all the midsommer murders and topgear and knowing my family history orientating from there i've always had itchy feet to go there.

we know bout prices etc my mate has been there cpl of times etc. but its degrading to know that whatever money we will take will be halved by the pounds....

12.14.2009, 01:43 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well if you're willing to put in the effort fair play to you and I hope you do come

When I have my gap year I want to do something similar, but go to Japan. As soon as my mock exams are over i'm going to start learning Japanese, and i've already begun saving up. My family considers it a very unrealistic idea but it's something that it is important to me to do.

And aha I wouldn't say much of Britain is like Midsommer Murders but I guess you'll see Though they do have that accent from the area I live, the Home Counties.

12.14.2009, 08:43 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know Epsom. Someone I dated for a while was from there. (I'm assuming that's what you meant?)

Far as I remember it's about 30-40 minutes south from london on the DLR trains (going into Waterloo).

I don't really know about Visas, but I think you could have a great time. Especially if you decided to travel around and go to London a lot.

I don't think much will come from staying in Epsom.

12.14.2009, 09:18 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Farren
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i'm definetly goin theres nothing stopping me.

@ NC
yeah my parents think my plan is far fetched and idea well and truly going to fail, which gives me only more reasons to go. japan would be epic i still really wanna go there.
wat bout small copple stone villages ? they have them there but wat is midsommer in real life??

@ loscil
well epson was brought up only as a starting point cause me mate has family there. we may go to france and round there too.

i want to go for 6 months but i guess i will see how things go.

12.14.2009, 10:43 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi Farren...

Can't help you with your travel plans, but I do wish you and your buddy a great time traveling around... Something I only got to do through the Navy...

Good luck!

12.15.2009, 12:09 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
..Ayami..
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ..Ayami.. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Make sure you go to London and visit the Japan Centre! They have a book shop, mini food store and a restaurant. I recommend the chicken in breadcrumbs from there, I've had it every time I've been and it's SO yummy

12.15.2009, 11:49 AM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

thanks husky i intend to

i just can't beleive how much needs to be arranged lol
got loads i need to do but least i have 5 months to do it.

@ayami
woah that sounds awesome!!
London's a big place though it would be difficult to find it?

also is there a like 3 month travel pass you can get to go on: trains, busses and taxi's without buying tickets etc and save money i heard that there was.

12.16.2009, 01:21 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Farren
@ayami
woah that sounds awesome!!
London's a big place though it would be difficult to find it?

Nah, it's right next to picadilly circus. Just look it up on the net, easy to find. The super market has moved a little, but is still just around the corner near St James park.

Wen you're in London, be sure to tell me, I'll meet ya. Maybe I can show you a thing or two!

12.16.2009, 11:57 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Farren
Baron

ah right seems easy enough

yeah awesome will do thanks Loscil would be nice to have a guide !!

12.17.2009, 04:12 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks