QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - One Liners
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » One Liners » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  One LinersPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just thought I'd introduce a new game.

It's like the chain story game, but you only get to post ONE sentence, and that's it. And just to make things fun, I'm thinking that ALL characters must be ghibli (or related) characters. Scenarios, free game, but it might be fun to try to write something that's related to ghibli stuff to.

Let's see who can make the longest comprehensive sentence So I'll start the ball rolling.

-----

It was one summer's day, along a small river that ran through Tama town, that a little girl with a red bow on her head was seen lying down on a patch of grass, looking at the sky.

01.29.2010, 11:29 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Here I am, flying through the sky, in total amazement that I would be doing such a thing with my new friend, a splendidly dressed, perfectly polite, fellow who just happens to be a cat!

I'll give it a try....

oops, forgot the italics, but I guess that isn't required, is it?....

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.31.2010, 12:29 PM.

01.31.2010, 12:27 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So much for trying to inject life into this forum... Anyway, I don't see the connection between yous and mine, but I guess I'll just continue yours.

"I wonder what makes lying here under the sky in such a weather so nice," I commented, breaking the still silence.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.05.2010, 10:32 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"What makes it so nice," said a familiar voice just out of my line of vision on the grassy slope above me, "Is the mice... Hm, a rhyme," the voice continued, "I didn't know I was a poet - a cat, yes, but not a poet."

02.05.2010, 07:02 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
HataZaki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 12.10.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by HataZaki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Rather than use one atmospheric setting, Shelly spreads the characters out through a vast array of locales, decreasing the typical idea of one symbolized setting and instead opening up new concept and ideas to be explored.

Yes, that was a real sentence I used.

02.06.2010, 03:37 AM HataZaki is offline   Profile for HataZaki Add HataZaki to your buddy list Send an Email to HataZaki Homepage of HataZaki AIM Screenname: - YIM Screenname: -
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't get it. How does it connect?

02.06.2010, 10:12 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

sorry about that, I focused on the last sentence of your instructions... I will try to do better and connect next time...

02.08.2010, 09:46 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think we should start all over. The sentence has to make a connection between the other lines.

I sit and watch as my dear friend died before my very eyes, and yet I don't feel any guilt.

Check out my music:

02.09.2010, 09:18 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think Hatazaki and Husky both read the last sentence of Roarkiller's post and skipped the rest.

Why should I feel guilty, when I had nothing to do with his death?

I do like the idea of a longest-sentence contest though, which seems to be sort of what Hatazaki had in mind.

02.09.2010, 10:29 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"I think your dear friend might disagree with that," says a voice into my ear even though I can't sense anyone behind me - odd, that is.

02.09.2010, 10:47 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Oh, nonsense," whispered a second voice into my left ear,"it's your dear friend who's guilty!"

Just wondering, does the dialogue count for more than one sentence if you went like this:

"Bla bla bla bla bla. Insert random dialogue here. GHUBHJKB GHukvbghkgvhjiKBHJKbhjIOHBjkl. I like bunnies. The Raven. Apple Butter. LOL im liek teh bestest! "

And put more than one sentence in the dialogue?

Check out my music:

Post last edited by Tea Master Tall on 02.11.2010, 06:14 PM.

02.10.2010, 08:22 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

A part of my heart hardened then, as images of the past I would prefer to forget flashed across my mind, and for a brief moment I contemplated just leaving the corpse on the cold stone floor.

Ooh, mystery thriller

The number of sentences equal the number of full stops, btw Barring obvious and/or blatant grammatical errors. Does that clear things up?

And no TMT, multiple sentences in dialogues still count as multiple sentences.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.11.2010, 09:33 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks