QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - 11th competition votes
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » 11th competition votes » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Umfrage: best sig
Mpw3d
#1sanfan
Lilgreenpea
Theowne
arren18
kittycatjess
Results
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  11th competition votesPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

kittk you all know the drill, and you better all vote out there!
Mpw3d

#1sanfan

Lilgreenpea

Theowne

arren18

kittycatjess

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

05.21.2007, 05:02 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Are the sig artists allowed to vote?

Post last edited by Theowne on 05.21.2007, 05:16 PM.

05.21.2007, 05:16 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yep you can, it is encouraged since we get so low of turnouts of voting.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

05.21.2007, 05:36 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
kk-on-keys
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kk-on-keys Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

One day I shall enter a sig contest again.

BUT THAT DAY IS NOT TODAY

05.22.2007, 02:57 PM kk-on-keys is offline   Profile for kk-on-keys Add kk-on-keys to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yay! I have a vote! I've still not decide who I'll vote for though...

05.22.2007, 03:06 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

come on people, we have 5, FIVE votes, there are more than 5 of you out there, lets go people.

Click for Gallery^^

05.24.2007, 03:32 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Ray15
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Ray15 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's between Mpw3d & #1sanfan

Thanks for the Sig #1 Sanfan

05.24.2007, 04:09 PM Ray15 is offline   Profile for Ray15 Add Ray15 to your buddy list Send an Email to Ray15 AIM Screenname: ryanclms YIM Screenname: Ryan Weaver
Fire-Dancer
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.24.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Fire-Dancer Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My votes on lilgreenpea but it was a close call between pea and Mpw3d.

--The Wind Princess--

05.24.2007, 05:37 PM Fire-Dancer is offline   Profile for Fire-Dancer Add Fire-Dancer to your buddy list
Lilgreenpea
Tanuki

Registration Date: 01.09.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lilgreenpea Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Why thankyou fire-dancer.. i didnt think id be getting any votes this time round lol

ooO Sig by me, The little green pea Ooo

05.24.2007, 05:57 PM Lilgreenpea is offline   Profile for Lilgreenpea Add Lilgreenpea to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

#1sanfan's is technically and visually the best but...

There is that odd line of pink diagonal hatching above the name that looks like some industrial or road warning sign which really spoils the sig.

So discarding that one I just cannot see another I like.

MpW3d - a sig isn't a wallpaper, so no need to leave 2/3rds of it blank. The whole canvas should be interesting.

LGP - too similar to other artwork you've done and I don't understand the tag-line. A tag-line has to be meaningful.

theowne - nice, but too noisy - too much in it.

arren18 - ditto - looks like no-face is hurling a custard pie at Howl.

kittycatjess - an odd shape and the face to the left looks all mangled, I just can't work it out. It disturbs me.

Sorry #1) I'm sounding very rud ehere and you will all no doubt hate me, but honestly I'm just trying to help and giving an honest reaction.

Sorry #2) I therefore can't vote for any of them.

Anyway, I thought some feedback would help given the low # of votes.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 05.24.2007, 09:09 PM.

05.24.2007, 09:02 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
arren18 - ditto - looks like no-face is hurling a custard pie at Howl.

I didn't expect that. Well played.

05.25.2007, 05:12 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Lilgreenpea
Tanuki

Registration Date: 01.09.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lilgreenpea Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A little critical arn't we saddles lol. Not sure i agree with some of the comments, 'MpW3d - a sig isn't a wallpaper, so no need to leave 2/3rds of it blank. The whole canvas should be interesting.' Then later on you put ' nice, but too noisy - too much in it'

A contradiction there or is it just me I think mpw3d's was well nice and i quite like the simplistic look its got to it.

The writing on my sig is from a song which means alot to me but yeah i suppose it wouldnt make sense to anyone else.

ooO Sig by me, The little green pea Ooo

05.25.2007, 06:16 AM Lilgreenpea is offline   Profile for Lilgreenpea Add Lilgreenpea to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
I actually really like mp's because of that.
It seems very distant and dream-like.- If I wouldnt, as a person, associate with woth, I would have definitely picked that one.

05.25.2007, 07:55 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

yeah i understand the critique of them. personallly, i wanted to do a grudge sig without knowing how, therefore i got several other 'improperly dodged' sections, i dont think it is that much in the way.

Mpw3d does somethign i try and do and is make a lot out of very little. simplicity keeps it slick. Theown's is probably the best IMO because it is very seamless, the scan lines could have been faded a bit more, but it is artist preference. in mine, i tired hard to cover up the edges as they werent as clean as i wanted them to be, so i did my best to fade them a touch. i think ive done better, and should have made a vector sig for this one.

i dont hate you for comenting, it gives me somethign to work off of. and i dont mind being ciritcized as long as i dont think ive done everything pefectly, personally i could do better.

Click for Gallery^^

05.25.2007, 03:21 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
kittycatjess
Totoro

Registration Date: 06.27.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kittycatjess Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

more votes please

05.29.2007, 01:27 PM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

yes definitely, it should take more than 3 votes to win,(no offense theown) come one i know your out there, you better start voting!

Click for Gallery^^

05.29.2007, 03:22 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Snakebite
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Snakebite Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I voted for #1sanfan, as it was a good design. It's nice to see that everyone has improved at their signature and avatar making. Thought I see a few pattern layers in the signatures too.

05.31.2007, 03:19 PM Snakebite is offline   Profile for Snakebite Add Snakebite to your buddy list Homepage of Snakebite
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

hey man, nice to see youve stopped by (and thanks for the vote lol)

Click for Gallery^^

05.31.2007, 03:21 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Snakebite
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Snakebite Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks, yer its been awhile, I have been busy with my site.

05.31.2007, 03:28 PM Snakebite is offline   Profile for Snakebite Add Snakebite to your buddy list Homepage of Snakebite
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

thats cool, i could never manage my own website, to much work. i prefer to just chill on other peoples sites, like this one. and show off some photoshop projects.

Click for Gallery^^

05.31.2007, 03:35 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks