QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - instraments who plays what?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » instraments who plays what? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  instraments who plays what?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

thought this'd be a cool thread

just wondering what insraments people play

i'm learning to play ukelele

03.05.2008, 11:57 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Can play at concert level:
Piano

Can play at amateur level:
Violin
Sitar (India)
Tabla (India)

Can play at a basic beginner-intermediate level
Pipa (China)
Saxophone
Clarinet
Flute
Guitar

03.06.2008, 01:18 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Can play at beginner level:

Piano!

Only Instrument I can play, and I'm not any good yet. Thanks again Theowne for answering questions when I have them.

03.06.2008, 01:40 AM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Theowne - what are you, some kind of instrumental super human?

I sing.

My Anime List

03.06.2008, 03:53 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
filter
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by filter Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

instrament lol, it's Instrument.
Played Guitar For 8 years, i know how to play every rock instrument pretty much, i am really keen to learn the banjo.

03.06.2008, 05:50 AM filter is offline   Profile for filter Add filter to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Omg! I'm learning to how to play the ukulele and accordian ^_^ Yeah. Exciting bit of news. I've always wanted to learn.

I already know how play the clarinet, oboe and sax (not as well but meh).

quote:
Posted by Theowne
Sitar (India)
Oh cool! I took lessons for this a while back. Never really got anywhere with it but maybe someday I'll pick it up again.

Post last edited by fenkashi on 03.06.2008, 06:52 AM.

03.06.2008, 06:52 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Really good:
Guitar

Good:
Trumpet

Okay:
Piano, it's not too hard if you're a musical person and know where the notes go.

I wish I could play
The Pedal Steel
http://youtube.com/watch?v=n8i0f3cE04E
Violin

03.06.2008, 08:36 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Can play barely: Alto Sax.

Want to learn how to play Guitar and Piano, but I haven't gotten around to it.

I'm happy being a music fan and letting people who are much better than me play the instruments, I'm content with listening.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

03.06.2008, 10:14 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Theowne
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
quote:
Posted by Theowne
Sitar (India)
Oh cool! I took lessons for this a while back. Never really got anywhere with it but maybe someday I'll pick it up again.

Yeah, it's too bad the instrument has been associated with hippies so much. The Indiam music system may not have much in harmony, etc, but melodically it can have a lot more nuance then the Western system at times. Other than the piano, I think it is the most captivating as a solo instrument.

quote:
@Theowne - what are you, some kind of instrumental super human?

Once you learn the first instrument, learning more becomes progressively easier. Also, listening and watching a lot of performances makes it easier for you to pick it up and learn it as well.

03.06.2008, 04:07 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Farren
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Theowne you crazy man you should be known as the one man orchestra.

@fen wow awesome wat songs can you play on ukelele

my dream ukelele is electric and it has a wammy bar and a lil amp 8] ( i asked round but no such ukelele exists......)

03.06.2008, 09:17 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Farren
my dream ukelele is electric and it has a wammy bar and a lil amp 8] ( i asked round but no such ukelele exists......)

Somehow i'm not surprised.. but you know you can do anything on computers these days.. some musicians use programs that allow them to play notes on a guitar or piano and transfer it into another instruments sound exactly.

I play guitar, but i'm self taught.

03.06.2008, 09:26 PM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@T.C yeah but i want live analouge sound..lol
apparently i could get one custom made but that would prolly mean hundreds of dollars..

03.06.2008, 09:35 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
T.C.
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah, stretching to the thousand mark i'd say, an interesting idea nonetheless

Do you have any interest in guitar or other strings emerging from playing ukelele??

03.07.2008, 12:27 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
Mnemosyne
Tanuki

Registration Date: 03.07.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mnemosyne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can play the recorder. I can play a bit of piano, I taught myself.

Regret is a needle
In my neck
It's slowly filling me with Poison
Spreading to my chest

-From Forsaken by Skillet

Say it Nem-OH-sen-ee.

03.07.2008, 10:27 PM Mnemosyne is offline   Profile for Mnemosyne Add Mnemosyne to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@farren: Hehe, I can't quite play any songs on it yet. I'm having my first lesson week after next ^_^

And the friend that inspired me to learn how to play the ukulele actually has an electric one (though I don't know about the wammy bar)...I wonder where he got it. I'm pretty sure it wasn't custom made.

@Theowne: Hm, I never knew it was associated with hippies. Though, I do agree, it has a beautiful resonating sound. Really expressive...hm, I'm kind of wanting to see if I can find my old one now.

03.09.2008, 12:02 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

P.S. This is me .

03.09.2008, 06:27 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
T.C.
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by Theowne
P.S. This is me .

Way to show everyone up Thewone thats amazing.

As of today im teaching myself to play the blues harp. Unfortunately the one i have (found in a cellar) is tuned to D when i think C is recomended for beginners.. oh well, if i can learn guitar on the peice of crap i first had then i can learn this.

03.09.2008, 07:11 PM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Im impressed theowne.
I remember when my brother used to play that a few years ago.
He's studying music at university now.
He's been playing less classical lately though and is getting amazingly good at improvisation, I'll find some recording I can upload.

Post last edited by Loscil on 03.09.2008, 07:34 PM.

03.09.2008, 07:26 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
OnYourMark
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by OnYourMark Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Intermediate/Advanced - Flute and Ukulele
Intermediate - Ocarina (sweet potato style) ^_^
Beginner/Intermediate - Piano

I also try to write music... if you visit www.myspace.com/finale2007 you can listen to a song I composed in May of 2007. It's called "CA Alma Mater". Most of my music influence comes from Celtic/Irish/Scottish (and more recently Japanese) stuff, so I guess you can hear a bit of that in the song(?). idk where that song came from, but I know God helped (it had to be written in two days, and that was my first, and only, composition ever...). Writing that song was a life-changing experience, whether the song itself is good or not.

I really want to learn how to play the bagpipes... and guitar... and more piano...

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" -Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775.

03.14.2008, 03:57 AM OnYourMark is offline   Profile for OnYourMark Add OnYourMark to your buddy list Homepage of OnYourMark AIM Screenname: OnYourMarkItsumo
cassierS
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by cassierS Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I play concert level clarinet (I've been playing for 6 years and took lessons for 2 at a college) I'm beginner at piano. I tried to teach myself and I would of kept going exept I can't find the 3 book .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQzRAaXxjek

This is a wonderful song played on the piano... FANTASTIC!

My favorite instruments are the guitar, piano, drums, and now the harmonica. I wish I could learn them all.

03.17.2008, 08:31 PM cassierS is offline   Profile for cassierS Add cassierS to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks